Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Lois and Clark can finally catch a break. Let me know what you think

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally Posted by bakasi
Lois’ heart twisted in her chest as she saw him agonizing over past mistakes. “Yes you did, Clark. But you’re only a man. We all make mistakes. I hurt you too. The thing is - you don’t need to ask if I trust you, because I already do. I trust you."

Ahhhhhh! LOVE THIS. whinging

Great chapter -- so much emotion and all those feelings and whinging whinging

I also strongly dislike Gretchen Kelly, and I was really glad when she left. I know they need her to help them, but UGHHHHHHHHH. So glad Lois is there for Clark, and she's let herself realize just how much she loves/needs him. GAHHHH!

Looking forward to the next chapter.

-Bek

bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by SuperBek
I also strongly dislike Gretchen Kelly, and I was really glad when she left. I know they need her to help them, but UGHHHHHHHHH. So glad Lois is there for Clark, and she's let herself realize just how much she loves/needs him. GAHHHH!

Well, she wasn't supposed to be a likeable character. It was difficult to balance her, because on the one hand she needs to be an ally while at the same time she still remains the enemy.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally Posted by bakasi
Well, she wasn't supposed to be a likeable character. It was difficult to balance her, because on the one hand she needs to be an ally while at the same time she still remains the enemy.

Oh totally. I think you've done a great job showing how they need her, but also making us all strongly dislike her lol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Totally agree with SuperBek! All the emotions and feelings expressed in this chapter between Lois and Clark! So touching and amazing! Looove it! notworthy

bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This is what I wanted to show in this story. How Lex in Superman's body affects Clark's view of himself and his powers.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Providing a backstory for Gretchen Kelly was perfect. It always seemed really strange to me why such a smart and professional woman would care so much about a snake like Lex. He completely ignored her feelings for him and as per usual, the man only used her. Now I have to wonder what happened to her brother.

Hope Lois and Clark get a break soon!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
Providing a backstory for Gretchen Kelly was perfect. It always seemed really strange to me why such a smart and professional woman would care so much about a snake like Lex. He completely ignored her feelings for him and as per usual, the man only used her.

Thanks Morgana. I wanted to give Gretchen more of a life. I'm initial versions of this story I wanted to write from her POV, too. But I got stuck every time I tried this and I believe it's for the better in the end that the reader doesn't know what exactly is going through her head. Like you, I thought the show didn't explain her motivation very well.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard