There's light at the end of the tunnel. And a little smooching. love

Let me know what you think. grin

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
H iBarbara!

Clark couldn't help but notice the smile on Lois' face as he carried her over the threshold of the honeymoon suite
Goofball!

He breathed in the soft scent of her perfume, felt her warmth through the thin fabric of his shirt and was mesmerized by the feel of her slender frame in his arms.
And this feeling could be yours for the super-cheap price of regular flying excursions!

Houdini pressed his nose against Clark’s leg, demanding his attention.
Awww, he also wants his photo taken while being carried in his master’s arms.

LOIS: Did…did he just call me a ‘dog’ and Clark my ‘master’?

Instantly, Clark’s cheeks grew hot, even though he knew nothing was going to happen here tonight.
/Checks title/
/Checks story progression/
/Notes cheeky author note/
Uh-huh…

“Jimmy, we’re only here for a job.” Lois rolled her eyes. “Did you bring the surveillance equipment?”
Wait what? She did invite him on her relaxation night out, didn’t she? We’re not getting that one? dizzy The two of them in the bubbly hot tub, naked Lois scrambling over him to get her binoculars from the bag while trying to distract Clark from the fact that she’s accidently working. help

If I was C.K. I’d be sure to make use of that bed.”
Jimmy! Ah gentleman lets the woman have the bed. No matter how equal a work partnership they have.

CLARK: Lois top banana.
LOIS: It’s a big bed.
CLARK: Lois bed.
LOIS: We could share.
CLARK: Clark sofa.

Clark didn’t know if he could be more embarrassed than he was.
Maybe a phone call with his parents on the subject?

Hadn’t he said that he couldn’t stay in the Honeymoon Suite just a week ago
Oh. He had, hadn’t he? mecry

Lois narrowed her eyes on Jimmy. “And that’s all were going to do, so you can as well take your mind out of the gutter.
/Points at numerous tales on how that went south quickly/ uh-huh.

. “Someone is coming. The maid.”

Like a deer in headlights, he stood frozen. Before he knew what was happening, Lois gathered the equipment and hid it under the blanket of the huge bed.
shock that’s a new one!

His fingers ached to explore more of her skin, while he tried not to lean on her too much.

As if through thick fog, he heard the clacking of a door and the shuffling of feet on the floor.
confused Huh, what door?
wink

She started to fumble with the buttons on his shirt. The first popped and he felt her hands on his skin again.
Something tells me this approach would have yielded more … interesting results than her Dance of the Seven Veils.

Houdini barked again, making Clark flinch. A sudden rush of panic filled him. He hoped this wasn’t a warning that yet another hiccup was looming.
Well, not in the classical sense, no. But Houdini does sense the release of uncontrollable energy building up.

“There’s a faint red glow under your skin,” Lois said.
Oh? Wonder what that could be…though it is creative to not have it simply be in his bloodstream clap

This time, her gentle squeeze didn’t sent a rush of heat through him.

But maybe the chill was a little less freezing.
hyper

So sad to know the story is almost over mecry What a marvelous yarn you have spun clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thanks for a terrific chapter! I’m happy there’s light at the end of the tunnel. I don’t remember reading anything like your explanation of the hiccups and the red crystal being under Clark’s skin. Very original and a great explanation.

I’m enjoying how you’ve worked in the episode Honeymoon in Metropolis. That’s one of my favorite episodes. The smooching was perfect!

I can’t wait for more! I love this universe!

bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Yeah, they finally know what's causing the hiccups. I'm glad you like my solution. Now all he need is to get rid of it. party

Thanks so much for reading and leaving feedback.

Last edited by bakasi; 08/19/23 12:13 PM.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ahhhh, finally an answer! Interested to see how the rest plays out! And THANK YOU HOUDINI for "figuring it out"!

party

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Finally got a chance to read this one. *SQUEE!!!!!* So is Clark going to need surgery? Will Star Labs get involved? Will Martha do it herself? She did build a hologram, so it wouldn't be too surprising...

~•~
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Ahhhhhh!!!! Answers!! And of course, now it seems so obvious! I’d been thinking there was something stuck inside Houdini, but I’m not sure I extended that theory to Clark for some reason. Duh! lol

YAY for kissing!!!! And yay for a solution on the horizon!!!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! So happy for this solution! Houdini, good boy.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard