Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#297104 07/28/23 11:36 AM
Columnist
OP Online Happy
Columnist
I hope you enjoyed my inspiration at Lois and Clark trying to move a sofa with silly banter, flirting, and some hilarious moments. Feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

Pivot

CarrieRene #297107 07/29/23 05:19 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Whatever came their way –villains, big stories, or sofas that were a pain to move – Lois and Clark would do it together.

Whew! That's a long but happy Saturday. Glad it took place in February and not in crazy hot July! Pivot is the perfect title for this story. Thanks!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Morgana #297111 07/29/23 09:47 AM
Columnist
OP Online Happy
Columnist
Originally Posted by Morgana
Whatever came their way –villains, big stories, or sofas that were a pain to move – Lois and Clark would do it together.

Whew! That's a long but happy Saturday. Glad it took place in February and not in crazy hot July! Pivot is the perfect title for this story. Thanks!

Thank you, Morgana. Miss talking to you. Yeah, this weather is crazy. I had the title before I even started the story.

CarrieRene #297115 07/30/23 03:49 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thanks for the laughs and smiles! This was a lot of fun. I enjoyed the banter but my favorite part was just seeing them happily together. I’m with Lois - I would also
like to see Clark shopping for a bed. Thanks again! I love it!

CarrieRene #297116 07/30/23 06:20 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
What a fun story. Clark is right, his life would be easier if he told Lois his secret. But it's also a nice change that she prefers spending time with him rather than his superhero side. Thanks for a nice story.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
CarrieRene #297157 08/03/23 04:47 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
This was fun and flirty!! It’s cute how they’re at that point in their relationship where the juuuuuust don’t quite want to fully admit how they feel about one another. And gahhh—I was excited for Lois to get a new couch, but now she’s right back where she started! lol But oh well, she can Clark got some bonding time, even with Superman interruptions, they still got lots of time together! love

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

CarrieRene #297295 08/20/23 12:28 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi CarrieRene!

After reading the story, “Pivot” is a fun multilayered title clap

What if Lois wanted to spend some time with Clark alone on a Saturday morning?
Eeep! Did she ask him to stay for breakfast when he brought her home after their chess game at the end of Top Copy?

Okay, this takes place right after “Top Copy.”
Serendipity! Just did the rewatch last night.

And if you are Friends fan, you might remember a certain episode where Ross, Rachel, and Joey move a couch up a set of stairs. This story was based off that episode and Lois’ very uncomfortable looking couch.
Don’t remember the scene specially. Can relate to the humor, though!

She wanted more of that. She wanted to spend more time with him.

Turning around in her living room, she frowned as her eyes landed on her couch, which seemed to scream UNCOMFORTABLE.
rotflol more time on that uncomfortable furniture. Or they could relocate to the other room.
LOIS: shock

Suddenly, she had an idea that would mean spending some time with Clark in close quarters.
Visit to the Tunnel of Love?

She went into her bedroom and got dressed in the tightest jeans she could find
So they don’t get in the way when they move the couches?
LOIS: Yes! There is no other reason.

And he couldn’t give her a lame excuse and disappear if she was at his apartment, especially if he was just waking up.
He could still run out. Milk! Need milk! Or there’s a Mayson at his place early in the morning. Awkward!

Oh boy, just imagining seeing him in the shower gave her goosebumps, and her heart quickened. If he could read her mind right now, she would be so embarrassed.
She could still ask him why he’s not naked? Wouldn’t be the first time.

I want you…
…on that new couch.

So I thought you could help me pick one out. And move it for me
laugh

“Well, ma’am, what are you looking for?” the sales woman wondered.
[…]
“Clark,” she whispered, closing her eyes for a moment and taking a deep breath.
laugh

In the heat, it would be very sticky and uncomfortable to get off of.
Yes, when they’re naked on it while making out in the hot wet summer, it will stick to their backside and make the oddest of noises when getting up.

She snickered a bit about trying to make out with Clark on that couch. “Nope.”
Lois agrees with my assessment.

“Lois, what are you looking for?” Clark asked twenty minutes later after she had said no once again.
Couch from the Goldilocks zone.

Tilting her head, she said the first thing she thought of, “The couch at the stakeout a couple of weeks ago.”
shock

“I enjoyed the feel of that couch. The way I melted into it,” she admitted, looking over at him with a smile. “Do you know what I mean?”
laugh I do remember there being an uncomfortable piece of hard material sticking out from the cushions.

Delivery of the couch they had picked out would be delivered between one and three today.
Just *how* did they manage that feat?

because she wasn’t pulling away from him. He only hoped his alter ego wouldn’t need to make an appearance and disrupt their day.
Anyone ever tell him that he started the pulling away thing?

Clark racked his brain looking for an excuse to tell Lois as they moved to stand in line at the concession stand.
He needs to visit the little reporter’s room?

Afterwards, he flew back to the theater quickly, intent to not keep Lois waiting.
Looky there, he pulled it off!

She wondered why cable repair technicians and delivery drivers gave such a wide range of time
It’s just been a two hour window. That’s very narrow! Normally, you’re lucky if it’s just half a day.

but they clearly tended to spend more time at his place than her. Now she likely knew why.
Better roof access.

“Ma’am, it stated in the fine print that we only deliver to the address. We deliver to street, but won’t take it up stairs or elevators,” he responded before stepping onto the elevator.
laugh

She caught the three men putting the large blue sofa on the sidewalk to the right of the stairs.

“Have a nice day, ma’am,” another man announced as all three of the men got into the delivery truck and drove away.
You know, given that the next episode is the return of the Prankster, it just fits.

he couldn’t help but chuckle. He spotted the sofa on the sidewalk and a petite brunette sitting on it with her arms crossed and a scowl across her face
She is cute when she’s miffed.

“I don’t want you to strain anything. You can’t move it by yourself,”
Actually, considering how he moved the doing cabinet in Top Copy by grabbing it on one of the drawers, yes, yes he can.

and Lois had sat out there without a jacket on for over two hours. How did she not get cold?
Fury.

you had something better to do,” Lois told him before she grabbed the food and walked away from him. She ran up the stairs, She ran up the stairs and into the building, and Clark assumed she wouldn’t be gone too long.
Well…she’s ticked off for sure.

. He managed to tear his eyes away quickly, but he felt his body start to react when his mind wandered further,
Oh good, he’s working hard on pushing that thing inside.

When she was coming out from underneath the sofa, she looked up and caught him taking a peek down her shirt. She knew he could see her red lace bra, and she wondered if he wanted to see what was underneath all of it. She could even tell his cheeks had reddened a bit.
Oh, she’s evil!

Gosh, things would sure be easier for him if he’d already told her his secret, he thought as he contemplated his next move.
Yes, it would certainly help in his search for the answer on whether she is wearing matching underwear.

and like now…when they were struggling needlessly with this darn couch.
LOIS: I got to tease him with my underwear choice, so it wasn’t entirely without purpose.

Clark couldn’t help but smile at the way her figure filled those jeans.
Maybe he should inform her that her choice of very tightfitting jeans is very pleasing to the male gaze?

“Luckily you know a ‘super’ guy who could help, if needed,” Clark stated as he grabbed the top of the couch.

“No!”

“Why? He would have this moved into your apartment in no time,”
Cute!

What was he missing?
Maybe that Lois dressed up for Clark, not Superman, and doesn’t want her hero to get jealous when he sees the new furniture made for snuggling.

“If I wanted Superman’s help today, I would have asked for it. I want to spend time with you. And I know this hasn’t been the wild and crazy time you thought it would be, but I have enjoyed our day together. I don’t want it to stop,” Lois stammered.

“Okay, no Superman.”
jawdrop The female of the species is nesting and testing out if the male of the species is able to provide a stable home for bringing up young ones.

“Good,” she responded as she leaned over, ready to push the sofa out. “Do you have a good grip?”
Oh, we so need to redo this with Clark standing behind Lois and gripping the…couch.

As he pulled back from the bottom, his hands slipped and he fell backwards, tearing the top corner of the couch.
Oh boy. Oops. Also, I expected the mishap way earlier.

He noticed Lois leaning over the sofa with her elbows down and her hands holding up her head. He tried once again not to look at the view as her sweater fell down once again.
shock Clark!
CLARK: I’m trying! I’m trying! Oh, great, now *I* am stuck…

He couldn’t keep this up much longer. The sofa problems and the desire he felt for Lois. Clark Kent was becoming frustrated in more ways than one.
If he gets the sofa inside, he can end both frustrations.

maybe they should have been bed shopping.
jawdrop

He licked his lips for a moment, and Lois had to fan herself as she imagined what he might do with that tongue.
/Points at Faustian Bargain for reference about what that tongue can do/

Lois couldn’t believe it. The sofa was much too large for the small room; there was barely a foot of space on either side of the sofa.
laugh

. “We eat first, then relax and deal with taking it back tomorrow.”
But…but…the tear!

“Yeah, I don’t think we can keep climbing over this sofa,” she laughed as Clark sat down next to her.

“Keeps life interesting,” he replied
Actually, it can serve as a barrier against intruders.

. “Actually this sofa doesn’t compare to how interesting you are to me.”

“Keep thinking that, Kent,” Lois responded
We should try that game where you append “on that sofa” to everything they say.

“I am, but this sofa is really comfortable and I don’t feel like moving. How about you climb back over, and we watch a movie,” she suggested, sitting up slightly.
Ooooooh! Say, does this day count as a date? They had couples activities, they had food, they had snuggling, and Clark left her in a lurch. Sounds like a date to me.

“Then I guess you will have to figure out a way to move me to the bedroom,” she said seductively.
jawdrop

Yes, pivoting a few times for the obstacles that got in their way, but always getting through it together.
Metaphor alert!

The End
Awww…very cute! Very waffy! And it reminded me of when Wendy had them spend the day at the car dealership. It’s always unexpected fun to see a no-longer-vignette-sized story with just waffy fluff about a single plot point clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard