Next Thread
Print Thread
#296600 06/11/23 03:27 PM
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Final part: Us

So there it is. I must say the muse for this last part had been EXTREMELY difficult. It was the worst it's been in a long time, it was ridiculous. So a HUGE thanks to Toomi and Bakasi who helped me zap the muse back to life several times. I'm sure without them it would have taken me WAY longer to finish.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed! cool Let me know what you thought smile

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Ahhhh! That was a lovely and subdued (because it *had* to be after all that intensity!!) revelation!! love

Clever how you built up the plot unobtrusively in the background, Star giving that information about how often a boker could perform such magic and how powerful he was already to be doing it every 12 hours. So then when he got enraged and tried to do something sooner and more extreme and rashly… well, it’s no surprise he died! Way to tidy things up a bit better!

And speaking of clever, what I really loved about the last part was thinking of all the ways that Sunday could have ACTUALLY killed Clark with his fears!! Gosh, that was scary!!!! And brilliant to think of!! notworthy

“How can you say that so easily?” she whispered sorrowfully.

“Because you're here with me, and because I love you,” he answered.

GAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

"I'm used to doing the rescuing, not being the one who is rescued," he said. "But every time I've needed a rescue, it's been you who has saved me."

GAHHHHHHHHHH again!!! I love this!!! love

Ahhh such a good story that really read like an episode! Well done! clap

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally Posted by KSaraSara
And speaking of clever, what I really loved about the last part was thinking of all the ways that Sunday could have ACTUALLY killed Clark with his fears!! Gosh, that was scary!!!! And brilliant to think of!! notworthy

This was what got me yesterday, reading Chapter 7... Like OH NO! HE COULD ACTUALLY DIE NOW shock whinging

Loved this final chapter. Everything wrapped up so nicely -- the revelation "aftermath" was perfect, so well done. And Lois found out where her Chinese food came from lol

Really wonderful.

Thanks for indulging us and getting this final chapter posted so quickly clap

-Bek

A
Blogger
Blogger
A
AAAAAAAAHHHHHH! This was perfect! And so much more closure than Baron Sunday slithering away as a snake...sort of felt like a set up for a sequel that never happened frown Thank you so much for this story! I didn't know how much I wanted something like this smile1 And the reveal was PERFECT! So beautiful!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Blueowl!
And now the grand finale!
She lowered her gaze, now afraid to look at him. She didn’t know what to say, what to feel.
Her best friend was Superman.
So, she did figure it out!

”So you were going to tell me?” she asked, torn between disbelief, wonder, hope, and confusion.
Yeah, sometime after the wedding, probably soon after the kids start to fly.

“So we can pull an all-nighter?” she asked with a smile, latching onto what she did best: work.
Awwwwww

They went into work the following morning, though Lois was only functioning because she was nearly overflowing with coffee.
laugh

”I figure, now that you know, we might as well take advantage of a few of my . . . quirks.”
laugh

“I’d say voodoo is weird,” Henderson agreed before shaking his head. “I don’t get paid enough for this.”
If he doesn’t like it, he can always relocate to Gotham. I hear they always have open positions at GCPD.

”I’m voting hooky after. We worked well into the morning so we deserve some devoted us time,” she decided, before glancing at him in nervous hope.

“Us time. I like the sound of that,” he said, wrapping his arm around her as they ducked into the alley they had arrived in.

A sonic boom soon followed.
Awwwww

”Of course! If you didn’t want to ask questions, I’d be afraid you were an imposter,” Clark said.
laugh

Lois chuckled, exasperated. “We really deserve each other.”
You gotta love those doofuses.

There is no Superman without Lois Lane, and there is no happy Clark Kent without her either,”
laugh

I promise, I will always do everything I can to keep you anchored,” she said, before resuming their kiss.

O o O The End O o O
Awwwwwww

That was a great spin on Never On a Sunday!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
I loved this fic. It works so well set earlier in the season and has so many sweet moments in it. Thank you for sharing smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well done from the beginning to the end. Thanks for this story.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thank you for a wonderful fic! I love it! I like this much better than the episode. The revelation was perfect and I like that Lois wasn’t mad. I think seeing things from Clark’s memories was a nice touch. I’m glad Baron Sunday didn’t get away. Lois finding out where the Chinese food really came from made me smile. Thanks again!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This was such a good story and I have to admit I almost didn't read it! Voodoo scares me and I guess that's why I was never wild about that L&C episode. Love the revelation and that Baron Sunday got his just rewards! clap

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard