Next Thread
Print Thread
#296576 06/10/23 09:16 PM
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Here is chapter 7: Recoil

So.... that happened. I hope I got what was in my head down on paper well enough. Let me know, please smile

Last edited by Blueowl; 06/10/23 09:17 PM.
Features Writer
Features Writer
OMG! That was FANTASTIC and intense!!!! clap

Oh boy, can't WAIT for the final chapter to see Lois's reaction and all that. And gosh POOR CLARK having to relive all of those terrible memories!!
Incredible story here! smile1

Looking forward to the next!

-Bek

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
OMG YOU LEFT IT THERE??? OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!

THAT WAS SO GOOD AND SO INTENSE THAT I’M BEING FORCED TO WRITE MY FDK ALL IN CAPS! OMG!

I’M… I’M GOING TO NEED TO COME BACK LATER FOR, LIKE, REAL FDK… GAHHHHH!

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
I also need to add that...the chapter was soooo good it should have come with a warning label of, "Don't cook while reading!" lol ....

I almost pulled a Lois and nearly ruined dinner because I was reading while stirring the soup I was cooking... And I was quite distracted.... And YUP I totally burned something... rotflol

Thankfully, dinner was still salvageable. But OMG, just, again... WOW! clap

Hope we get the final chapter SOON!!!!

-Bek

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was intense. Awesome chapter. I know the problems that result from reading while cooking. Thankfully this fic didn't result in black carrots. Which doesn't mean that it totally could have. We just didn't eat at home. clap

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
SuperBek - eek sorry about your near food disaster! Glad you liked the chapter though laugh

KSaraSara - Yeah..... sorry (maybe not sorry?). But good news, next part is on its way!

bakasi - Thanks, and glad you were not at risk for a overly crispy dinner.

A
Blogger
Blogger
A
Wow! First, the memories!!!! Poor Clark!! And Lois, seeing all of that...she must be so confused right now! This was soooo good! About to read the final chapter. This was my favorite one yet!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Been loving this story as it's being told before Lois knew the big secret. Wow, a lot was packed into this chapter! Can't wait to read the last one!! smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Blueowl!

. “My mom is not going to be able to mend this.”

“Is she . . . is she the one who took you from the . . . ship?” Lois asked.
Oh boy.

“I won’t tell anyone. All of it is safe with me,” she said.

“I know,” he whispered. He turned and faced her, giving her a tired smile.
So, does she know?

I asked her if there was anything I could do if you or Clark were attacked. She told me I could try that. She wasn’t sure it would work, but. . . .”
Okay, she doesn’t.

“I’m fine, really. As for what I did . . . well, Star said I could . . . anchor your soul to me during the spell.
And now their souls are linked. Entwined. Stick together like glued with Pattex (Do they have Pattex over in the US? /Checks Google/ Yep. Good. )

Only, because the spell wasn’t aimed at me, it didn’t affect me the way it did you. I felt how you were feeling, but I guess since I was, more or less, an outside observer, they didn't physically affect me.”
I wonder if she might have developed fear of being stuck. Constrained. Unable to get out. Which means, asking her to marry him could have her running for the hills.

She had gotten a busy signal, which likely meant she had been correct about Clark calling his parents before checking his messages.

Well, at least she now knew for sure he was home.
Or he started to pick up the phone when he collapsed. Oh, right, twelve hour limit.

how do you feel if the three of us stay here while we’re not at work? You, me, and Superman?
Ummmmm

I mean, I get that Superman has to go on rescues and stuff, but I can teach you two what Star taught me–”

“Lois?” Clark asked.

“–So when Superman has to go, you can go with him and you two can cover each other, and while at work, I can cover you.
It’s so eerie, reading this and Bek’s Destiny at the same time laugh

“Lois?” He once again tried to interrupt.

“–And considering what we’ve seen, the trend seems to be one attack at night and one attack in the daytime so we have a little bit of time to figure it out.”

“Lois!”

“What?” she asked.
She’s babbling!

“Sorry, I just . . . I need to tell you something. It’ll actually make everything a lot easier, assuming you still want to be near me after I tell you, but I think–”
Oh no, he’s going to tell her that they could bring in Mayson to cover him and Lois can cover Superman.

“Clark? Is it . . . ?” Lois questioned fearfully.

He nodded as his breathing quickened.

“It’s–it’s different,” he rasped.

“I’m here, Clark. Whatever you do, don’t forget that. Focus on me. I’m right here,” she said,
So, will Lois figure it out when she gets the exact same experience?

even as he became aware of a strange sensation.

What was that?

It was emotion. Strong, determined, but—
Angry? Worried? Loving?

LOIS: Yes.

”So I live in a fantasy world? Perhaps. But it’s all about to come true,” Luthor gloated before coming closer. “I love Lois, but she’s much too independent, don’t you think? Well, leave that to me.”
LOIS: shock mad

Power condensed around him, power not his own, and then a sensation of shattering glass vibrated through his entire frame.

A masculine scream echoed from somewhere, but it was too distant for him to determine anything more.

The sense of coming doom lifted.
So, Baron Sunday has decided to stop pestering Clark?

”Clark! Clark, are you okay?” Lois asked.

He opened his eyes, finding himself on the couch and under Lois’ concerned gaze.
I can see why there was clamoring.

/Off to part 8/

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard