Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Please let me know what you think!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
Awwww!!! This was SOOO PERFECT!!!! love

I mean, of course there were the little bits of sadness in there, with Clark thinking he won't be able to ever have a normal(ish) life... But I just LOVE Lois's optimism and hope that they WILL figure it out, together!

Yay! Thank you for another wonderful story! Love Fridays!

-Bek

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
"Indeed, it is," Lois agreed. She placed a quick peck on his cheek and grinned. "I've never seen you this relaxed. Just Clark."

"That's who I am," he murmured. "Just Clark."

AHHHHHH!!!! Callback lines! I'm a sucker for these when they're done well, and this is totally done well! Plus we have the lovely addition of the peck on his cheek! *dies of waffy*

Clark couldn't remember the last time he'd felt this alive. His chest was bursting with happiness, so much so that the grin on his face didn't suffice to express his emotions. He almost wished he had a tail like Houdini's, enabling him to announce to the whole world that this was by far the best day of his life.

OMG I died again... I LOOOOOOVE this!!

When he’d asked her about the dress, she’d just winked at him, telling him that - like magic - some things didn’t require explaining. His heart leaped at the memory and already he contemplated running his hand along her cheek or maybe kissing her again. It seemed like such an awfully long time since he’d last placed a kiss into her hair. Her lips looked enticing, too. And --

GAHHHHH!!! LOVE!!

I have no idea how he even knew what was going on. You should have seen the looks of all the cheerleaders.” A wicked grin appeared on her face. She chuckled. “Half the team had been falling all over themselves just to get his attention. But he asked me. I knew he was only doing it for a friend, but it was still the best night I ever had."

OMG I love this reasoning!!! Because clearly he'd overheard and then took it upon himself to be the person she needed right then!! love

“You can continue to breathe now,” Lois whispered into his ear as they were alone again. “I told you I’m not going anywhere.”

LOL!!!! And EEEEEEEEE to the event that precipitated this!!!

Lois smiled at him. “See? You don’t even need your powers to work your magic. Now come on. Let’s dance while we still can.”

GAHHH! I love how Lois is just so good for him! She knows just what he needs!

He knew that right at this moment, he was getting a taste of what true magic was.

AHHHHHH!!! *DIES AGAIN!!!* clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

Oh, this has to be my favorite part so far!!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Barbara!
Houdini happily wagged his tail, darting back and forth between Lois and Clark and whatever caught his interest.
Aaand we’re at the Corn Festival clap

Clark couldn’t remember the last time he’d felt this alive. His chest was bursting with happiness, so much so that the grin on his face didn’t suffice to express his emotions. He almost wished he had a tail like Houdini's, enabling him to announce to the whole world that this was by far the best day of his life.
shock peep /keeps repeating “this is all perfectly innocent“/

The urge to touch her was so overwhelming that he feared his behavior was already bordering on creepy.
Aaaaaaawwwwww and laugh

already he contemplated running his hand along her cheek or maybe kissing her again. It seemed like such an awfully long time since he’d last placed a kiss into her hair. Her lips looked enticing, too. And –
Yeah, “might get addicted” isn’t correct anymore. Withdrawal will be really unpleasant.

. “Half the team had been falling all over themselves just to get his attention.
That would work when they do the pyramid peep

I needed a date and I certainly wasn’t going with one of Lana’s many friends only to end up right in the middle of a war.”
laugh

“A piece of advice – that guy’s a keeper. Or aren’t you two”-?”

“Oh, we most definitely are.”

Lois wrapped her arm around Clark’s shoulder and placed a kiss on his cheek, leaving him reeling with the implications. Had she really just announced that she was his girlfriend?
Bunny! This could so get twisted into Lois confirming to him that they are “reporter and story” evil

“You can continue to breathe now,” Lois whispered into his ear as they were alone again. “I told you I’m not going anywhere.”
That’s gonna be an issue once his powers return.

He lowered his gaze, staring at his feet. “You know this can’t last.”
See? And next he’ll pull the old soldier’s goodbye.

She moved with a grace that simply stole his breath. And for a moment he wondered if it was possible to love this woman any more than he already did.
I’m sure it will be.

She laughed. “Last year I had a girlfriend convince me it was a great way to meet guys.”

He swallowed. “And, is it?”

“Well, let’s say, I’m dancing with exactly the right guy, so there is no need to further test that theory.”
Cute twist!

He knew that right at this moment, he was getting a taste of what true magic was.
Awwwwww

Another Fun Friday! You make the end of the week such delightful fun and something to look forward to clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thanks for a terrific chapter! I enjoyed it a lot. This is one of my favorite chapters. You did a good job of combining this chapter with the episode. Rachel, the dress, line dancing-everything just worked.

Rachel’s story about Clark asking her to the prom was so sweet. That’s just Clark!

Happy Clark melted my heart. Once Lois sets her mind to something, she makes it happen. Together they’ll solve Clark’s power problem. It’s fun having something special to look forward to every Friday. I can’t wait for more! Thanks!

bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
OMG, soo much love for this story. I'm Soo glad you're enjoying this AU.

Though of course I can't afford to have KSaraSara die of WAFFs. whinging

Thanks for leaving feedback everyone. notworthy

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
Such a sweet time ^_^ Glad they got to enjoy themselves!
I really hope they find a solution and that more joy is on the horizon ^_^

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Martha brought cotton candy for Houdini so they can dance…while Lois wears a fabulous red dress.

It was so cool that Rachel and Clark are friends and were able to attend the prom and have the best time ever! Super hearing to the rescue! Take that mean girls! Glad Rachel wasn’t jealous and actually encouraged Lois to hold onto him. Lois’ response was classic!

Okay enough exclamation points. Next part!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard