Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Save A Slice of Pie For Me (5/15)

So...another little snippet. Let me know what you think!

Features Writer
Features Writer
!!!
Glad the librarian was there, and I can't wait to read the next part! Hopefully he'll be able to talk/think to Clark now! That would be awesome hyper

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Blueowl
!!!
Glad the librarian was there, and I can't wait to read the next part! Hopefully he'll be able to talk/think to Clark now! That would be awesome hyper

Yes, the wonderful librarian! smile1

A bit more in chapter 6 coming right up!

-Bek

hyper

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Loved the interaction between Jon and the librarian. Glad she helped him a bit.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by bakasi
Loved the interaction between Jon and the librarian. Glad she helped him a bit.

Awww, yay! Glad you liked that part. grin

I needed to give him a little ray of sunshine 'cause it's been so rough on him. frown

-Bek

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Now I'm really baffled. Why is the whole town in on this secret? It is long past time for Jon to know everything about his father.

Mrs. Meeks reminds me of one of the librarians in my hometown, Mrs. Clark. (yes, that was her real name) She was always willing to show us around the stacks and the ancient microfiche machine, believe me back in the early seventies that was real chore!

Anyways, when he was in high school, the library had some funding problems. We needed more money for renovations and such. And your dad…” <<Gosh, what a kid. I miss him. Wish things had turned out differently.>> “…your dad wrote an article for the school newspaper. It ended up getting picked up by the Wichita Post and reprinted by the Kansas City Star. And that article helped to bring in more than twice the money we needed to keep this place up and running and make the repairs and… He was a wonderful man, your father. I just…thought you should hear that.”

This sounds like something Clark would do to save his beloved library.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Morgana
Now I'm really baffled. Why is the whole town in on this secret? It is long past time for Jon to know everything about his father.

Agreed! The Kents and Lois have been able to control the narrative for a long time... But it's obvious the time has come to tell him the truth...! eek

Originally Posted by Morgana
Mrs. Meeks reminds me of one of the librarians in my hometown, Mrs. Clark. (yes, that was her real name) She was always willing to show us around the stacks and the ancient microfiche machine, believe me back in the early seventies that was real chore!

Anyways, when he was in high school, the library had some funding problems. We needed more money for renovations and such. And your dad…” <<Gosh, what a kid. I miss him. Wish things had turned out differently.>> “…your dad wrote an article for the school newspaper. It ended up getting picked up by the Wichita Post and reprinted by the Kansas City Star. And that article helped to bring in more than twice the money we needed to keep this place up and running and make the repairs and… He was a wonderful man, your father. I just…thought you should hear that.”

This sounds like something Clark would do to save his beloved library.

Yes! Very much something Clark would do! smile

And kind Mrs. Meeks... Giving Jon this little insight into his dad's childhood helps him a little at least!

Thanks for reading!

-Bek

hyper

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard