Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
The Family Hour Interlude

I think that the scene after this (where Clark returns to the Planet and tells Lois that, according to Dr. Klein, they are unable to have children together) is pretty much the saddest scene in the entire series, and I cry every time, every time I watch it.

So, I wrote this a while ago, to give just a little bit of behind-the-scenes hope, but never got around to posting it.

Let me know what you think.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thank you for this. Love it

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by bakasi
Thank you for this. Love it

Ahh, I'm glad you loved it!! grin

Thank you for reading!

-Bek
hyper

Features Writer
Features Writer
Really loved this!
I want more cry

Dr. Klein really is an awesome character.
Thanks for writing this hyper

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Blueowl
Really loved this!
I want more cry

Dr. Klein really is an awesome character.
Thanks for writing this hyper

Yay!! Glad you loved it! smile1

Dr. Klein is indeed an interesting character, and I've never tried to write from his POV before, so this was a challenge! Plus, maybe even more of a challenge since he needs to be quite serious -- somehow -- to deliver this news to Superman.

Thanks for reading!!

-Bek
hyper

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Bek!
Scientifically, his tests were reliable, comprehensive, and conclusive.
Superman reported that he attempted conception on the full moon, half moon, quarter moon, new moon, and even during a blood moon. He tried it after dancing the Ngongu tribe fertility dance. Every conceivable measure had been taken, but to no avail.

The man who had hinted at having a very special woman in his life and who had seemed delighted at the possibility of starting a family.
Which means they now have to do it the normal way – cloning. Maybe they can even track down the scientist who created the Lex-Superman chimera.

He stared at the page for several moments, squinting and turning it upside down. His eyes widened as several patterns appeared to emerge. Patterns he hadn’t noticed before. Patterns that might make the impossible…a tiny bit less so, given a little…luck? If the chromosomes with the greatest homology would line up, just so… And if the extra Kryptonian genes…
The genes are backwards?

Maybe he hadn’t done every possible test after all.
Awwww…he figured out that the child must appear before the conception for human-kryptonian reproduction to be successful laugh

I do wonder now if that is just a happy tag-on to give us hope, or if it shows how Bernie is toiling away at his own version of Sysiphus' labor.

Thanks for the little interlude, and now back to our regularly scheduled Bek story.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
SuperBek

What a thoughtful way to fix an episode that always made me sad. After so many adventures, misunderstandings and joy Lois and Clark endured, not being able to conceive a child had to have been the most heartbreaking, still there is light at the end of the tunnel.

His grin grew slowly as his mind whirred with possibilities—thinking, calculating, connecting dots. He hurried out to the breakroom, poured himself a large cup of coffee—extra milk and sugar—and raced back to his laboratory.

Bernie to the rescue! hyper

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Bek!
Scientifically, his tests were reliable, comprehensive, and conclusive.
Superman reported that he attempted conception on the full moon, half moon, quarter moon, new moon, and even during a blood moon. He tried it after dancing the Ngongu tribe fertility dance. Every conceivable measure had been taken, but to no avail.

rotflol

The man who had hinted at having a very special woman in his life and who had seemed delighted at the possibility of starting a family.
Which means they now have to do it the normal way – cloning. Maybe they can even track down the scientist who created the Lex-Superman chimera.

You said the bad "c" word! No! No clones!! razz

Awwww…he figured out that the child must appear before the conception for human-kryptonian reproduction to be successful laugh

I do wonder now if that is just a happy tag-on to give us hope, or if it shows how Bernie is toiling away at his own version of Sysiphus' labor.

Thanks for the little interlude, and now back to our regularly scheduled Bek story.

wave Michael

I'd like to think that it's a happy tag-on to give us all hope wink

Thanks for reading! (And good luck catching up with Destined... Chapter 3 of Friends will be posted...tomorrow. You're a few chapters behind still) wink goofy

-Bek
hyper

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Morgana
SuperBek

What a thoughtful way to fix an episode that always made me sad. After so many adventures, misunderstandings and joy Lois and Clark endured, not being able to conceive a child had to have been the most heartbreaking, still there is light at the end of the tunnel.

His grin grew slowly as his mind whirred with possibilities—thinking, calculating, connecting dots. He hurried out to the breakroom, poured himself a large cup of coffee—extra milk and sugar—and raced back to his laboratory.

Bernie to the rescue! hyper

Definitely, I thought the scene with Clark telling Lois what Bernie had said was the saddest scene in the whole series. whinging whinging whinging

And it's always been my headcanon that Bernie's assessment was wrong and that Lois and Clark were indeed biologically compatible and could have children. So...I thought I'd write this little interlude to fix that right up there. smile

Thank you for reading, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!! smile1

-Bek
hyper

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Bek!

You said the bad "c" word! No! No clones!!
This reminds me of Harley Quinn (the HBO animated one)

Yes, so we are not supposed to call Lois the c-word, I gather.

LOIS: Ya think?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard