Not quite what KSaraSara had in mind, I'm sure. But when I read the challenge this morning, I immediately had this scene in mind and couldn't help but write it.

Inside A Chef's Mind

Clark stood in front of his open fridge, trying to decide what he was going to cook for his impromptu dinner date with Lois. His Superman duties had taken up several nights in a row, so they'd forgone reservations in a restaurant, just in case Clark's alter- ego was needed again. While he stared at his collection of groceries, there was a lot going through his mind.

"Would you please just take the tomatoes, the eggplant and the peppers out of the fridge?" Anger stomped toward the console and let his hand hover above the buttons. "This is beginning to look ridiculous."

"Nobody can see Clark." Disgust rolled his eyes and folded his arms in front of his chest. "Besides, didn't I just say that we're not going to make that pasta dish?"

"But Lois asked us if we could do it," Joy replied with a helpless shrug.

"Well, we didn't promise we would," Sadness pointed out.

"Well yeah, that was because we didn't have the ingredients," Joy muttered.

"Which we still wouldn't have if you hadn't stopped to buy some on this little market in Italy," Anger grumbled. "By the way - that was a pretty stupid move."

"Yeah, but she said please with that gorgeous smile of hers, so what was I to do?" Joy complained.

"I don't know?" Anger let out a huff and pointed toward Fear who was quietly watching the exchange. "Let him have the controls?"

"You're honestly suggesting that Fear replies to a date invitation?" Joy choked out. "Are you freaking nuts?"

"Well, it can't be worse than what you're about to get us into," Sadness muttered. "You do remember what happened the last time Clark invited Lois over for dinner and made pasta?"

"He could hardly keep his hands off of her," Anger chimed in. "And this time we might not be so lucky that Superman is needed right before things get out of control. I don't want to spend another night in the Arctic Ocean."

"Oh, come on, it wasn't that bad,"Joy protested. "Besides, Lois wore that burgundy dress and-"

"Stop it right there," Disgust warned. "We can't pull the Superman card every time Lois gets a craving for pasta. So either she's ready to take the next step, or there won't be any pasta for her."

Fear blanched. "And how do you suggest we explain this to her?"

Disgust pursed his lips. "We don't. We're just not going to make pasta until we're married. It's just a few weeks now, guys."

Sadness wrinkled his nose. "That's what you told us before Luthor and this whole amnesia disaster happened."

"We could try to persuade her," Joy said with a sly smile. "If I'm not mistaken, the Superman suit might have the same effect on Lois that pasta has on Clark."

Disgust, Sadness and Fear all shook their heads. "No way."

Anger put his hands on his hips. "If you'd stayed away from her in that damn suit, maybe we'd already be married and wouldn't have to worry about whether or not making pasta for dinner is a bad idea."

"Besides, if things go south, we can't exactly claim an unprovoked attack," Disgust added. "It's rather hard to keep this kind of thoughts hidden in such revealing attire."

Joy sagged a bit and groaned. "So, what are we going to do?"

"Finally take some vegetables and close the darn fridge," Anger fumed. "Not much longer and there will be penguins settling in the kitchen."

With slight hesitation, Joy pushed a button. Clark took the vegetables and closed the fridge.

"But what are we going to cook?" Joy asked.

"Quite simple." Disgust grinned. "Anything but pasta."

Last edited by bakasi; 04/20/23 05:01 AM.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool