Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#29556 05/01/06 01:30 AM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Ah yes! What a wonderful way to start the day. With another HEARTSTOMPING from Dave!

I prefer to believe that... well at the moment I won't say because I'm in a bit of an evil mood and it doesn't look good, but later on he'll be fine! Woohoo!

Thanks for this! laugh

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#29557 05/01/06 06:28 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Also note, there is a major WHAM warning. Major. The ending is pretty open to interpretation, but... MAJOR WHAM WARNING. Trask gets off his shot in GGGOH. If that isn't your cup of tea, do not read any further.
rotflol What's so hard about saying"Deathfic", Dave?

#29558 05/01/06 08:05 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
What's so hard about saying"Deathfic", Dave?
Who said Clark died? wink

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#29559 05/01/06 09:12 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Who said Clark died?
I take "got off his shot" to mean that Trask was successful when he shot Clark. Sort of the same as "bullseye".

Given that Clark's just been exposed to a major hunk of K, that "fading beat of his heart" means he's done for. laugh

Unless this is a dream fic or HG & his time machine shows up or maybe Martha has taken surgery at night school or maybe Mike the Guardian Angel resurrects Clark or.... laugh

c

#29560 05/01/06 11:56 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I gathered that it was open for interpretation. If asked, I'd say yeah, Clark likely died, but if you wanna go the other way, you could say that the story is unfinished and somehow he gets saved.

But I don't think so. And I think it was written beautifully this way. This was just so well written. Sad, but not melodramatic. Right from Clark's perspective and I love the bits about Lois taking his breath away when she'd been "just Lois" and he was "just Clark"...when both their "costumes" were stripped away-her professionalism and his "secret" and they were left with just each other.

Just a perfect story Dave!

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
#29561 05/01/06 12:43 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I really like your second paragraph tvnerdgirl. smile

Thumbs up from this end of the universe.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#29562 05/03/06 10:05 PM
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
I'll be back to reply to comments properly tomorrow night since I have an exam tomorrow (ick razz ). But, just quickly...

Thank you to everyone who left a comment. To everyone who let me know how this made them feel. Even those who just commented to let me know they couldn't read it... thank you all. I really was expecting to be run off... And I'm sorry I'm making some of you walk a fine line. wink

The sequel some of you were clamouring for will be up in a few moments. Just remember... you asked for it...

Dave

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
#29563 05/05/06 10:25 AM
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Okay, I'm back. smile

Ah yes! What a wonderful way to start the day. With another HEARTSTOMPING from Dave!
That's quickly becoming one of my favourite words. wink

Unless this is a dream fic or HG & his time machine shows up or maybe Martha has taken surgery at night school or maybe Mike the Guardian Angel resurrects Clark or....
Or the paramedics arrive in time, or someone there snaps out of it and performs first aid, or it's really just a flesh wound and Clark's being melodramatic... just don't read the sequel. wink

I love the bits about Lois taking his breath away when she'd been "just Lois" and he was "just Clark"...
That had to be one of my favourite parts. Thank you for noticing it. smile

And again, thanks for the comments and fdk. smile

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
#29564 05/05/06 07:26 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Dave

WOW! This is so heartwrenching and poignant. smile1