Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Catherine Bruce FDK -- Just Her - 05/01/06 05:30 AM
Ah yes! What a wonderful way to start the day. With another HEARTSTOMPING from Dave!

I prefer to believe that... well at the moment I won't say because I'm in a bit of an evil mood and it doesn't look good, but later on he'll be fine! Woohoo!

Thanks for this! laugh
Posted By: ccmalo Re: FDK -- Just Her - 05/01/06 10:28 AM
Also note, there is a major WHAM warning. Major. The ending is pretty open to interpretation, but... MAJOR WHAM WARNING. Trask gets off his shot in GGGOH. If that isn't your cup of tea, do not read any further.
rotflol What's so hard about saying"Deathfic", Dave?
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: FDK -- Just Her - 05/01/06 12:05 PM
What's so hard about saying"Deathfic", Dave?
Who said Clark died? wink

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile
Posted By: ccmalo Re: FDK -- Just Her - 05/01/06 01:12 PM
Who said Clark died?
I take "got off his shot" to mean that Trask was successful when he shot Clark. Sort of the same as "bullseye".

Given that Clark's just been exposed to a major hunk of K, that "fading beat of his heart" means he's done for. laugh

Unless this is a dream fic or HG & his time machine shows up or maybe Martha has taken surgery at night school or maybe Mike the Guardian Angel resurrects Clark or.... laugh

c
Posted By: lovetvfan Re: FDK -- Just Her - 05/01/06 03:56 PM
I gathered that it was open for interpretation. If asked, I'd say yeah, Clark likely died, but if you wanna go the other way, you could say that the story is unfinished and somehow he gets saved.

But I don't think so. And I think it was written beautifully this way. This was just so well written. Sad, but not melodramatic. Right from Clark's perspective and I love the bits about Lois taking his breath away when she'd been "just Lois" and he was "just Clark"...when both their "costumes" were stripped away-her professionalism and his "secret" and they were left with just each other.

Just a perfect story Dave!
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: FDK -- Just Her - 05/01/06 04:43 PM
I really like your second paragraph tvnerdgirl. smile

Thumbs up from this end of the universe.
Posted By: Dave Re: FDK -- Just Her - 05/04/06 02:05 AM
I'll be back to reply to comments properly tomorrow night since I have an exam tomorrow (ick razz ). But, just quickly...

Thank you to everyone who left a comment. To everyone who let me know how this made them feel. Even those who just commented to let me know they couldn't read it... thank you all. I really was expecting to be run off... And I'm sorry I'm making some of you walk a fine line. wink

The sequel some of you were clamouring for will be up in a few moments. Just remember... you asked for it...

Dave
Posted By: Dave Re: FDK -- Just Her - 05/05/06 02:25 PM
Okay, I'm back. smile

Ah yes! What a wonderful way to start the day. With another HEARTSTOMPING from Dave!
That's quickly becoming one of my favourite words. wink

Unless this is a dream fic or HG & his time machine shows up or maybe Martha has taken surgery at night school or maybe Mike the Guardian Angel resurrects Clark or....
Or the paramedics arrive in time, or someone there snaps out of it and performs first aid, or it's really just a flesh wound and Clark's being melodramatic... just don't read the sequel. wink

I love the bits about Lois taking his breath away when she'd been "just Lois" and he was "just Clark"...
That had to be one of my favourite parts. Thank you for noticing it. smile

And again, thanks for the comments and fdk. smile
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK -- Just Her - 05/05/06 11:26 PM
Dave

WOW! This is so heartwrenching and poignant. smile1

Tricia cool
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards