Please let me know what you think

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Ahhhhhh! The fire rescue was intense!! Yay for his powers working how he wanted them to!

His gaze drifted toward the wall on the far side of the room where the flames had painted the words “The Toasters.” He should have been overjoyed, because those eleven letters exonerated MagiKal. But the truth was that Clark just felt numb.

GAHH!! Such a good paragraph… My stomach is in knots, worried for Clark!!

She grinned at him. “Secure an interview with MagiKal?”

His breath hitched in his chest and he wasn’t sure if he felt capable of drawing another one. Had the other shoe already dropped? The world seemed to be spinning about him, but he could hardly go and ask her if she knew his secret.

But the wonderful, slightly impish smile on her lips was designed to make him lose his mind, regardless of whether she knew.

ACK!! Does she know???? Oh man, can’t wait for next Friday!!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by KSaraSara
ACK!! Does she know???? Oh man, can’t wait for next Friday!!

Hehe, I knew you were going to say that. I feel kind of guilty for leaving you with such a cliffhanger till next Friday. But just a little... angel-devil

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thanks for another exciting chapter! The fire was intense. I wonder if Lois knows that Clark is MagiKal? Hopefully we’ll find out in 6 days. I can’t wait for more! I love this story!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Barbara!
Clark contemplated the benefits of ordering a fourth drink. He desperately needed something to distract himself from the enticing sight of Lois.
Playing pretend-drunk is a great distraction.

While they couldn't quite hide her rare beauty, this chicken costume was designed to let his thoughts drift toward forbidden places.
Kentucky Fried Chicken?
CLARK: Haven’t had them since I left home.

looking a few inches past Toni Taylor, who was standing at the bar seeming slightly flustered all of a sudden.
Because of a sort of good looking blind man?

"I'm sorry, ma’am," Clark said. His voice was cold but polite. "I didn't realize you did not accommodate handicapped customers."
TONI: It’s nothing personal but we do get way more complaints from our girls when blind customers are checking them out.

In the reflection of his glasses, Clark saw her throw up her hands, quietly urging the bartender to help her out and ensure that her guest wouldn't just leave.
Preston’s gonna have a field day with his editorial on that one. “Mob Dive discriminates against blind customers.”

Then Houdini jumped to his aid. He dropped out of his role and pulled him back toward Toni Taylor.
HOUDINI: Nice female. Smells good.

gazes met, it seemed like the world stood still. The air seemed to sizzle with a kind of magic that had nothing to do with his powers.
Aaahhh, the magical distraction!

The dancers rushed to the back, leaving the stage as quickly as their feet would let them. None of them was in the immediate line of fire.
Which brings us back to jokes about roasted chicken.

With an uneasy prickling in the back of his neck, Clark rushed back inside to get Toni. He jumped through the fire, picked her up, and carried her to safety
How is he going to explain that?
CHARLIE: I didn’t see no flame. I just wanted to carry the dame.

She stared at him, open mouthed and with a frown on her forehead that left little doubt that at least his cover as a blind guy was blown.
See? See?

But the wonderful, slightly impish smile on her lips was designed to make him lose his mind, regardless of whether she knew.
Ooooh, sounds like Lois really is another kind of magical distraction laugh wink
LOIS: Did he just call me an Imp? mad

Looking forward to learning how you’re gonna dig Clark out of that one!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
I’ve just devoured this series! These ficlets are amazing and I want it to be Friday already to get the next one.

bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by DarthMichael
Looking forward to learning how you’re gonna dig Clark out of that one!

Yeah, that's gonna be a tough one. Hope you'll like my solution...

@Toomi: Wow, that was quite some catching up you did there. Thanks for reading.

@Songbird: Thank you so much.

Last edited by bakasi; 02/28/23 03:02 AM.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard