Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#295298 02/19/23 09:31 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Very long chapter to read that I enjoyed writing. I hope everyone enjoys it even being over 8000 words. Thank you to my wonderful betas once again, who helped me so much.

Chapter Four

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Oh wow, yep, totally long chapter! A lot packed in there, but it flowed!! Here’s my feedback as I was reading….

Gah poor Lois is just a mess that morning! I feel so bad for her!

He wanted to be fully committed to this relationship, but at times he felt like Lois always had one foot out the door. Lois’ past relationships and her parents’ marriage gave her insecurities that he was hoping to solve with her.

Gahh! Poor Clark!

And GAHH the fight in the car is SO intense!

Gahhhh!! The rose and the pastry! So sweet!! love

Serious EEP at Ellen calling the Planet and talking to Perry!! She’s relentless! I mean… I feel for her because… scary stuff she’s going through, but… stalking and hounding is not the way to get what you want!

“Clark and I were talking about finally doing an expose on Mindy and her background. Once her past is revealed, we think it will give the district attorney enough information to make a decision on Intergang,” Lois explained.

Gah! I hope so—Mindy’s gotten away with too much for too long!

“We’ll see. Nothing says love like going house hunting together,” Lois stated, before reaching over to put her hand on his cheek and kiss him.

“I love you,” Clark murmured between kisses.

AWWWWW!!!! And then… *grumble* Stoopid Jimmy. mecry

She felt a hand on her knee and looked over at Clark, who was smiling at her with those big soft eyes. What would she do without him in her life?

EEEEE!!!!

“He’s gone a lot, isn’t he?” Camilla asked. “I mean at the oddest times, he just runs off and is gone for hours. Doesn’t that bother you?”

Instantly, Lois stopped and turned to Camilla. The woman couldn’t already have figured out what took her two years to realize – could she?

“He’s a reporter, Camilla. You know how it is with sources; they want to meet at the oddest times and places,” Lois retorted. “And it’s not like he’s lying to me about where he’s going.”

Camilla stared at Lois intently, her expression a mixture of understanding and doubt.

“Are you sure? I mean, Clark is a fantastic guy. One of the most interesting men I have ever met, but he is still a man,” Camilla said, flipping her hair back over her shoulder.

“I know Darrin was unfaithful to you, but Clark isn’t like that,” Lois declared, sitting up straighter.

Ahhh! This part is so well done! I feel for Camilla here, and really, it’s a perfectly logical assumption for her to make!!

“I’m not like what?” Clark wondered as he came up behind Lois, putting his hand on her shoulder.

Gah!! I love the timing of this and the way he touches her!

“You know where I was, right? I would never think about cheating on you,” Clark assured her, kissing her hand again.

“I know.”

I like that he reassures her, given her earlier freak out. Poor Lois has so much going on—I’m glad they talked about that already and she’s way more secure about Clark, even if everything else is still in upheaval!

“You should know me, it doesn’t take me long to get ready,” he admitted, shrugging his shoulders. Clark came into the apartment, closing the door behind him. He turned around and looked her over, the expression in his eyes making her blush. She watched as he put his hand over his heart. “Honey, are you trying to give every man in the place a heart attack?”

“You like?” She twirled around once in front of him so he could get a full view of her cherry red wrap dress. The halterneck design tied at the back, and when she turned around, the backless, knee-length dress showed off her slender figure.

Haha LOVE!!

He pulled her back against his chest as they stood in line. With the darkness surrounding them, he seemed to feel comfortable kissing her neck. However, strobes of different color lights and the loud music made Lois feel out of sorts. This wasn’t really her type of place; she would rather be home with a bowl of popcorn, watching a movie and cuddling up next to Clark.

“You come in handy at times like these,” she said, tilting her head to let him gain better access to her neck.

“We don’t have to stay too long,” Clark told her. She fell back against his chest once again when they took a few more steps forward. She laughed when he wouldn’t let her go.

GAHH! I love this!!!

Lois’ shoulders relaxed a bit when she felt Clark’s hand on her bare shoulder. He kept finding any reason to touch her bare skin, from her knee to her neck. He couldn’t keep his hands to himself, and Lois was enjoying every bit of contact.

EEEE!! I’m loving it too!

“She has always been the flirt, friendly with everyone,” Darrin told Lois. Lois looked over at him. He smiled at Lois, but she noticed that his eyes stayed on his wife.

Looking back toward the dance floor,Lois noticed that Camilla was looking everywhere but at her husband. Yet Clark kept glancing over at Lois and smiling. As Clark and Camilla moved their hips to the music, Lois looked down and blushed when Clark mouthed to Lois ‘I love you.’

AWWWW!!!

“My dad is big on knowing the up-and-comers in college sports. He even took me to a MidWestern State game in Kansas once. Told me about a player that could have gone pro, but he said it didn’t look like the young journalism major was trying hard enough,” Darrin announced with a knowing grin.

Oh wow!! What a cool detail!! And gahhhh… of course he wasn’t trying hard enough! He HAD to so that he could enjoy it without hurting anyone or making them suspicious!

“Can we finish this dance, first?” Lois suggested, resting her head against his chest.

“Absolutely,” he said, pulling her closer.

Awwwww!

“Yup, early morning. You know, bringing down the evil in the world stops for no one,” Lois retorted as she stepped up in the line for her coat.

Eeep! It’s Mindy! But nice comeback, Lois!

“You can keep the heels on, but take everything else off,” he murmured in her ear with a smile.

Hahaha! Down, boy! lol

GAHHH apartments ransacked!! That sucks!

But yay for the investigation gaining momentum!!

Sara laugh

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard