Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Anchor: Epilogue -- Jonathan Kent

I'll admit to writing this part very late a couple nights ago, feeling like I just needed the story to have...a tad bit more (especially given some of the comments calling Jonathan Kent out for his behavior! wink ) So, I know this doesn't solve everything, but maybe it at least provides a little glimpse of the way forward for AltClark and his relationship with the Kents.

As usual, thank you all for reading! I appreciate the support and comments!! smile1

What do you think?

-Bek
hyper

Top Banana
Top Banana
So glad Jonathan finally, FINALLY saw the light and realized he has a lot of damage to repair. I really hope Clark can experience at least some parental love now. It's long overdue.
Thanks for including this. thumbsup It helps round out a lot of earlier frustration I had (if you hadn't noticed) grin

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Blueowl
So glad Jonathan finally, FINALLY saw the light and realized he has a lot of damage to repair. I really hope Clark can experience at least some parental love now. It's long overdue.
Thanks for including this. thumbsup It helps round out a lot of earlier frustration I had (if you hadn't noticed) grin

Hahaha, Yes, I definitely DID notice, and really -- you're the reason I felt I HAD to write this part! rotflol

I knew I was going to have Clark call his dad on it at the end of Anchor II, but I think this final little bit was necessary to see that Jonathan was serious about making amends. AltClark definitely needs a strong relationship with both of the Kents, I think.

Thanks for reading!!

-Bek
hyper

Columnist
Columnist
I'm so glad you wrote this. I can feel Jonathan's pain and discomfort. I mean I get why he would be distant at first. He was trying to protect his family, but then he was so stubborn. I'm glad you fixed this and showed us Jonathan's side. Great job.

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
I'm so glad you wrote this. I can feel Jonathan's pain and discomfort. I mean I get why he would be distant at first. He was trying to protect his family, but then he was so stubborn. I'm glad you fixed this and showed us Jonathan's side. Great job.

Yay, I'm glad you appreciated this little extra part! clap

And now I'm mulling over some sort of a sequel cuz I would really like to explore how AltClark's life grows in this universe. confused

Thanks for reading!!

-Bek
hyper

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh come on! We have to see how everything goes with Alt-Clark in this universe! The poor man needs a life of his own.

By the way, fabulous epilogue. Jonathan has many bridges to cross and fences to mend before this gentle stranger from another universe will be comfortable around him. Thankfully, Jonathan is very good at doing both tasks. So glad to have you here SuperBek. dance

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Morgana
Oh come on! We have to see how everything goes with Alt-Clark in this universe! The poor man needs a life of his own.

I hear you! I'll be working on finish up part 3 soon, and then... I've got a few ideas that have been bouncing around in my head! You're not the only one who wants to see AltClark's life going forward from here! smile1

Originally Posted by Morgana
By the way, fabulous epilogue. Jonathan has many bridges to cross and fences to mend before this gentle stranger from another universe will be comfortable around him. Thankfully, Jonathan is very good at doing both tasks. So glad to have you here SuperBek. dance

Thank you! I'm so glad to be here. hyper This community has been very welcoming, and I'm a bit sad that it took me so long to "delurk". And thank you again for reading my story and leaving such wonderful feedback! I appreciate all of it! love

-Bek

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
GAHHHHHH! This does so much to heal my heart a bit! I love all the references to light—so great! notworthy notworthy notworthy

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard