Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Anchor: Part II -- Kal-El (36-49)

So, if you made it this far, THANK YOU AGAIN for reading! dance

I hope that this part gave a bit of a different perspective on the events of Anchor Part I. It was...rough at times, but I hope to have left off in a place that seems hopeful for all of the characters. love

I appreciate all of your thoughts on this!

Part III (Lois's POV) is still in the works, so I don't know when (or if) it will get finished/posted. Obviously, Lois has quite a unique perspective on all of this as well and does not have the benefit of telepathy to know what is going on with her Clark or AltClark.

I've also written a short "epi-epilogue" that is meant to be read after parts I and II, and I'll try to get that posted soon as well (to give just a bit more...closure). grin

So.... Thank you all again. Hope you enjoyed. And thank you all for welcoming me to this community the last two and a half months! smile1

-Bek
hyper

Features Writer
Features Writer
Holy cow. That was a lot. Thanks for posting it all. It was a great treat. ^_^

I do wonder if he'll be talking to a therapist at all. And I wonder if Perry might be able to help.

As for future works, I am really hoping to see what happens next with Clark. Will he find someone on this world? He deserves and needs someone!! How will he settle in as living primarily as Superman? Will he form another identity? Will HG Wells return? (Part of me hopes not!!) . What about the money from the book? Has the world noticed anything different about him? How does his extra free time impact things? Hmm... since Clark is adopted, could they create a story of him having a twin? So many possibilities!

Thanks for writing this and posting it so readily. Can't wait to read more from you, whatever it is. smile1

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Blueowl
Holy cow. That was a lot. Thanks for posting it all. It was a great treat. ^_^

I think I'm much too impatient to spread out the posting over so many days, especially since the writing was all done. But it is nice to see comments on the individual chapters too, which I probably won't get for this final set since there were....a lot of chapters. lol For example, I really was interested in everyone's reaction to chapter 46 (with the globe), particularly since that scene was NOT in Anchor Part I!

I do wonder if he'll be talking to a therapist at all. And I wonder if Perry might be able to help.

At the end of Anchor Part I, Lois told AltClark that her Clark would be seeing a therapist that day, for the first time, although I believe she was conveniently (for me! lol) vague about what that was to entail (would he go as Superman, so he'd have more freedom to talk about what he'd been through, or go as Clark, but be forced to be ambiguous about a lot of details? He's well known as Clark Kent, so that could cause problems as well.).... If I end up with a real sequel to write (especially given all your ideas below!), this could be something that is addressed then! But, yes, it was in my plan for him to get professional help (he definitely needs it, obviously).

They could also explore talking with Perry, for sure! He is a trustworthy person in this universe as well! And...yeah, I'm sure he has some suspicions that something is up... eek

As for future works, I am really hoping to see what happens next with Clark. Will he find someone on this world? He deserves and needs someone!! How will he settle in as living primarily as Superman? Will he form another identity? Will HG Wells return? (Part of me hopes not!!) . What about the money from the book? Has the world noticed anything different about him? How does his extra free time impact things? Hmm... since Clark is adopted, could they create a story of him having a twin? So many possibilities!

First, NO, if I wrote a sequel, H.G. Wells would NOT be returning rotflol All he needs to know is that the world was not destroyed and Utopia exists, and he should stay out of their hair... lol

There are certainly a lot of avenues that could be explored! Perhaps I will pick back up with AltClark after I finish writing part 3! Thank you for all of these comments, they will be helpful things to think about if I go that direction. Certainly, AltClark deserves to be happy in all aspects of his life love He does get A LOT of fulfillment doing his work as Superman, and I'd expect he'd be spending more time with charity events, volunteer work, etc., since he would indeed have a lot more free time.

Anyways, thank you for all those ideas! I...might...end up playing around with them..... grin

Thanks for writing this and posting it so readily. Can't wait to read more from you, whatever it is. smile1

hyper I've got a few things I'm working on that I'm excited about! But...might be a while before I've got another one of these longer ones to share. We'll see.

Thank you SO MUCH for reading!

-Bek

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Welp, I finally finished and… whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging

But also love love love love love love love

The writing is phenomenal! The ideas and execution are… *chef’s kiss*. I’m in awe of you constantly! (And jealous! LOL! But oh so glad you’re here!)

And here’s what I said before, but for all the boards people to read too:

I’ll admit while reading Anchor I, I wasn’t so fond of Kal-Clark (as I call him lol), because I was feeling SOOOOOOOO protective for altClark and how badly I felt for him. There was great sympathy for him, of course, but…I was very much on altClark’s “side” (if it’s even fair to call sides in this). So in starting this one, I was wholly unsure how I would feel. I was confident I’d feel sympathy for Kal-Clark as I did while reading Anchor I, but … well, I wasn’t prepared for the depth and breadth of emotions I would feel. Starting off in New Krypton—I was devastated, captivated, and *heartbroken*. Everything was so real and so…*CRIES*. I enjoyed being on Kal-Clark’s journey with him, as painful and terrifying as it was!

GAHHHHHHH!! This fandom is so lucky to have the genius that is you!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by KSaraSara
I’ll admit while reading Anchor I, I wasn’t so fond of Kal-Clark (as I call him lol), because I was feeling SOOOOOOOO protective for altClark and how badly I felt for him. There was great sympathy for him, of course, but…I was very much on altClark’s “side” (if it’s even fair to call sides in this). So in starting this one, I was wholly unsure how I would feel. I was confident I’d feel sympathy for Kal-Clark as I did while reading Anchor I, but … well, I wasn’t prepared for the depth and breadth of emotions I would feel. Starting off in New Krypton—I was devastated, captivated, and *heartbroken*. Everything was so real and so…*CRIES*. I enjoyed being on Kal-Clark’s journey with him, as painful and terrifying as it was!

I'm whinging right along with you!

I think you were not the only one with this same sentiment -- that is not being a huge fan of Kal-Clark while reading Anchor I... And I'm definitely glad I could change your mind!

I really did enjoy the worldbuilding at the beginning of this one -- it was something I hadn't done much of before, and it's helped with one of my ongoing projects... smile1

Thank you so much for reading, and for all your feedback on both parts so far (part 3 pending... peep And I might go into hiding when you read that one...!)

I'm so happy to have finally worked up the courage to share my writing with you all -- this has really been a rewarding 3 months!

-Bek
hyper

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I really did enjoy the worldbuilding at the beginning of this one -- it was something I hadn't done much of before, and it's helped with one of my ongoing projects... smile1

Worldbuilding is not easy. Nonetheless, you knocked this out of the park.

Now. What's going to happen to AltClark?

Looking forward to your next epic! wave

Last edited by Morgana; 02/01/23 01:35 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Morgana

Worldbuilding is not easy. Nonetheless, you knocked this out of the park.

Now. What's going to happen to AltClark?

Looking forward to your next epic! wave

Thank you!! It was fun, and even more fun for my current WIP, which I'm hoping will be done maybe around the end of March! smile1

Thank you for reading!

-Bek
hyper

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard