Comments? smile1

Thanks for reading!

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
And with that thin whisper of hope, Clark fell into a deep sleep, dreaming, as he sometimes did, of soaring high up in the sky over a sprawling metropolis, the Sun at his back and the wind in his hair.

This is my favorite part because I LOVE that he dreams of flying—as many of us do—but obvsiouly it means something so much more for him in his future…and the hint at metropolis too… GAH… just so beautiful and poetic!!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Columnist
Columnist
Awe, I love this. His parents were his biggest supporters and both knew he was meant to do great things. You did a fantastic job.

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by KSaraSara
And with that thin whisper of hope, Clark fell into a deep sleep, dreaming, as he sometimes did, of soaring high up in the sky over a sprawling metropolis, the Sun at his back and the wind in his hair.

This is my favorite part because I LOVE that he dreams of flying—as many of us do—but obvsiouly it means something so much more for him in his future…and the hint at metropolis too… GAH… just so beautiful and poetic!!

Sara smile

It seemed like the perfect way to conclude the little scene. smile1

Glad you loved it! clap

-Bek

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
Awe, I love this. His parents were his biggest supporters and both knew he was meant to do great things. You did a fantastic job.

Thank you!

It's so true about his parents shaping him into the person he is to become. I haven't read many fics exploring who he turns into if he doesn't land with the Kents, although I know there are a few out there... But I do think Clark is intrinsically good, decent, caring, and kind, and the Kents surely give him the extra guidance he needs to grow into the Superman he does -- a symbol for hope.
smile1

Glad you liked it, and thank you for reading! clap

-Bek

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Bek, your writing is so beautiful. I feel blessed you've chosen to share it with us. Thank you.

Features Writer
Features Writer
I can definitely imagine this conversation and how, even when they don't know it, their words are helping their son.

So sweet twins

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by PuffyTiger
Bek, your writing is so beautiful. I feel blessed you've chosen to share it with us. Thank you.

Awww, thank you so much for your encouraging comments! It was a big step for me to share because I've been writing for years and always just kept everything to myself. I'm really glad everyone is so welcoming and has such positive feedback!

Originally Posted by Blueowl
I can definitely imagine this conversation and how, even when they don't know it, their words are helping their son.

So sweet twins

They are exceptional people, the Kents. smile

Thank you for reading!

-Bek

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Hi Bek!
Unfortunately, today’s run-in had caught him by surprise, and his slow reaction to Chad Peterson’s strong right cross had resulted in two broken fingers when Chad’s hand had struck Clark’s jaw.
Oops?

“What the—” “Did you see that?” “Clark Kent, the freak!” It wasn’t the first time he’d heard those words, but it had hurt nonetheless.
Maybe he could say that he was watching Kung-Fu and learned the secrets of the Shaolin monks? You know, strong body and always celibate.

He will find someone to love and to spend the rest of his life with…
And if needs to, he can bring her back home and keep her in his Fortress of Solitude so she doesn’t run off with billionaires or FBI agents.

Aww…also, is it possible he’s already linking with Lois, watching as she does base jumping in Metropolis?
wink

Something much, much more, indeed. The End.
You lit a sweet little fire there!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Being in control of such special abilities has taught Clark so much at an early age. Its a blessing he had such loving and supportive parents. Yes, he was meant for so much more than life in Smallville, KS. Thank you for presenting this tiny slice of his life as a teen-ager.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Bek!
Unfortunately, today’s run-in had caught him by surprise, and his slow reaction to Chad Peterson’s strong right cross had resulted in two broken fingers when Chad’s hand had struck Clark’s jaw.
Oops?

Right? Chin of Steel? eek

He will find someone to love and to spend the rest of his life with…
And if needs to, he can bring her back home and keep her in his Fortress of Solitude so she doesn’t run off with billionaires or FBI agents.

Gah! He'll need a bigger Fortress then. That treehouse will just not be enough. lol

Aww…also, is it possible he’s already linking with Lois, watching as she does base jumping in Metropolis?
wink

Something much, much more, indeed. The End.
You lit a sweet little fire there!

wave Michael

Thank you, as always, for your fun feedback! smile1

-Bek

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Morgana
Being in control of such special abilities has taught Clark so much at an early age. Its a blessing he had such loving and supportive parents. Yes, he was meant for so much more than life in Smallville, KS. Thank you for presenting this tiny slice of his life as a teen-ager.

Indeed, it is difficult to even imagine having that burden (sorta wish I did, but also glad I don't lol).

Thank you for reading!
smile

-Bek

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Bek!

Gah! He'll need a bigger Fortress then. That treehouse will just not be enough.
There's Bidding for Attention by Wendy Richards actually, now that I think about it evil And Nowhere to Run by ML Thompson. So, anyway, I can just see Lois sitting there and complaining about the lack of amenities and Clark needing to expand the treehouse.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hi Bek!

Gah! He'll need a bigger Fortress then. That treehouse will just not be enough.
There's Bidding for Attention by Wendy Richards actually, now that I think about it evil And Nowhere to Run by ML Thompson. So, anyway, I can just see Lois sitting there and complaining about the lack of amenities and Clark needing to expand the treehouse.

wave Michael

I have read Bidding for Attention rotflol but not Nowhere to Run.... Click..... hmmmm.... grabs popcorn and settles in with her reading glasses...

Clark totally should build a Fortress of Not-Quite-Solitude for the two of them, with all the amenities... smile1

-Bek

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Greak piece SuperBek. Well written glimpse into the Kent family and why Clark became the super man we all know and love! clap clap

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard