Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Anchor: Part I -- Clark Kent (1-3)

Let me know what you think! This story (Part I -- Clark Kent, that is) clocks in at ~115,000 words, so I hope you all are in it for the long haul with me!

-Bek

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
*Does the first comment dance! *

Heeey, I've been hoping you'd post your stuff! I'm super excited to read it. I just read the first chapter, and wow! You capture the mood so very well! I love alt-Clark stories, he's in such a difficult position and I enjoy seeing how people help him out.

Know that I'll be eagerly waiting and cheering along in the background until it's done posting. Then it will be time to reeeeaaad!

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by PuffyTiger
*Does the first comment dance! *

Heeey, I've been hoping you'd post your stuff! I'm super excited to read it. I just read the first chapter, and wow! You capture the mood so very well! I love alt-Clark stories, he's in such a difficult position and I enjoy seeing how people help him out.

Know that I'll be eagerly waiting and cheering along in the background until it's done posting. Then it will be time to reeeeaaad!

I hope I'll have it all posted by about mid December, if I can keep up with a good schedule!

Thanks for checking out the first chapter smile

I hope you like the rest of the story just as much smile1

-Bek

Features Writer
Features Writer
I am very intrigued by the premise and look forward to the next post ^_^.

I really feel bad for this Clark and hope things will turn around for him grovel

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I'm intrigued as well. I'm not usually a huge fan of Alt-Clark stories. I like how you've portrayed him, though. He doesn't seem to be quite as depressed as I'd imagine him, which is a good thing, actually. I'm curious how the story between him and the widowed Lois will play out. Can she accept a different Clark? What will happen in a world where Nor was victorious. And how are these two Clarks connected?

Can't wait to read more

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Blueowl
I am very intrigued by the premise and look forward to the next post ^_^.

clap

Originally Posted by Blueowl
I really feel bad for this Clark and hope things will turn around for him grovel

Me too! wink

Thank you for reading!

-Bek

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by bakasi
I'm intrigued as well. I'm not usually a huge fan of Alt-Clark stories. I like how you've portrayed him, though. He doesn't seem to be quite as depressed as I'd imagine him, which is a good thing, actually.

He's got a lot going on, but I think on the whole, he is a hopeful person. Or at least, he wants to be!

I'm curious how the story between him and the widowed Lois will play out. Can she accept a different Clark? What will happen in a world where Nor was victorious. And how are these two Clarks connected?

All great questions! smile1

Can't wait to read more

clap

Last edited by SuperBek; 11/21/22 03:02 PM.
Columnist
Columnist
I didn't think I would like this, but I love the perspective you have. I like how it is in first-person. This is going to be very interesting. I look forward to more. And oh boy, Alt-Clark doesn't have to return to his world.

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
I didn't think I would like this, but I love the perspective you have. I like how it is in first-person.

Thank you! It's difficult for me to write in first person (although for whatever reason, I find Clark easier to write in first person than Lois....her brain rambles too much and seems to jump all over the place! jump)...and writing in present tense is also challenging....

Originally Posted by CarrieRene
This is going to be very interesting. I look forward to more.

clap

Thank you for reading!

-Bek

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
I am in just complete awe at this! I want to give you ALLLLL the comments but I'm currently on my phone, so that's not happening now. I can hope, as you post, that I can come close to landing adequate feedback! notworthy

For now, I just wanted to say this is amazing and so, so evocative! Amazing writing and emotions and ideas and... Yeah. All the things!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by KSaraSara
I am in just complete awe at this! I want to give you ALLLLL the comments but I'm currently on my phone, so that's not happening now. I can hope, as you post, that I can come close to landing adequate feedback! notworthy

For now, I just wanted to say this is amazing and so, so evocative! Amazing writing and emotions and ideas and... Yeah. All the things!

Sara smile

Awwww, thank you!!!!

hyper

I don't know what else to say, so I'll just say I hope you like the rest of it just as much!! blush

-Bek

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard