Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
This is story 4 in a series I’m affectionately calling When He Cheats…At Bowling. Find the previous story in the series TOC (linked over there). lol

Story here

I’m on a roll! lol Let me know what you think!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Columnist
Columnist
I loved how she said, "Fly me home". Now you have me wanting to go bowling. Loved it by the way.

Features Writer
Features Writer
I had so much fun helping you with this! Thank you for letting me be a part of your process! smile1

As I told you before,
Originally Posted by KSaraSara
"Clark, I think I'm done with bowling for tonight." She stood up on her tiptoes to whisper in his ear. "Fly me home? So we can talk?"

this is my favorite line!

Such a well done little series. Looking forward to wherever it goes next!!

hyper

-Bek

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Squee! This was wonderful! Congrats on making the word count, and I'm glad to hear that you're not just planning to retire in your victory. laugh

~•~
T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
Aaaaaaaah! That was amazing! Love the revelation.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Hi Sara!
This one is exactly 824 words!
laugh and exactly 1000 when you add the a/n and summary?

I win! Regardless, I'm having far too much fun with these bowling stories, and a big part of that is how much you all are having reading them, so thanks!
LOIS: So she’s playing even if she wouldn’t win? Because she thinks losing is fun, too? confused
CLARK: No, Lois. The Author loves writing and entertaining her readers with fun and sexy tales.
CAT: Uh, uh, I can relate!

It’s been a week since the Daily Planet party at the bowling alley. A private bowling lesson for Lois might just help uncover someone’s secret...
Since she already knows he’s lying(sic) around in tights, it must be his taking-the-L-train thing.

And while she hadn't really wanted to put their...dinner on hold
She could have just taken a test drive after dinner, checked Cat’s is-it-domestic test and thus determined if her suspicions were correct. Could have been much more satisfactory than trying to win at bowling.

Now, here they were, and she was hoping desperately that her thundering heart wasn't — shoot, he probably could hear it
laugh Clark probably thinks they should have gone to a place that's not right next to a construction site.

but then his hand came to rest on the small of her back and her heart calmed from thundering to the now-familiar fluttering.
Gaaawwwww…

Given all the romantic comedies she watched, she felt like she should have seen this coming. Known that showing her proper form involved him standing so closely behind her she could feel the heat from his body.
Yes, his…heat. Let’s call it that.

Then she rolled on her own, watching all the pins fall on a single throw, so excited she turned to him and threw herself in his arms for a ridiculously dramatic hug that left her heart racing.
Maybe she should have read the warning label about the unintended side effects of close partnering.

It felt magical as he captured her lips again and again, their tongues glancing briefly against each other.
You know, I'm not sure if Lois realized it, but they're having their first date right now. In a bowling alley. devil

And as their short breaths filled the space between them, she realized... "Wait, how are you breathless?"
Reverse revelation!

What was she doing? Making out in public…with Superman.
Looks like it’s time to calmly storm info the ladies room and slam the door in his face.

She stood up on her tiptoes to whisper in his ear. "Fly me home? So we can talk?"
shock /points at summary/ Looks like Lois is the ‘someone’. Also, did you ever read “I is for Illusions” by Pam J?

"I saw you last week," she said, her voice still a whisper because she knew he could hear her, "I thought Superman didn't cheat."
laugh

"I...wanted to see you smile."
Gaaaaawwww. And certainly something Sam never said to Ellen.

So, will we get part 5 now?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Now, here they were, and she was hoping desperately that her thundering heart wasn't — shoot, he probably could hear it.

Hah, I love this!

LOVE all the touching while teaching, and then they kiss?! I didn't see that coming!

What was she doing? Making out in public...with Superman.

She looked at his face, so full of concern, yet still mingled with desire. No, with Clark.

So sweet! This is exactly IT!!

Lovely ending, too! And GOOD JOB on making it 824 words!

(Does this mean I have to issue a new challenge now...?)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Ahh, but is it really 824 words? Because it took her 4 stories to get here.. So it's really, what, 3824 words? =D

And also, awwwwwwww!

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K

Carrie—Thank you!! I have to give that line all to SuperBek! I was trying desperately to think of what she would say in that moment…knowing it would be something revelatory…but I was stumped! So we started goofing…and she said that…and a few mins later, I told Bek it was totally happening! lol

Bek—Oh my! This totally wouldn’t have happened without you! And I had so much fun too!! smile1 Thank you so much for your help!

Queen—Hee! I’ll try, anyway!! Thanks!!

Toomi—Thanks!! Sometimes I just adore having the “reverse revelation”!

Michael—I feel like you’re joking, but I kinda want to count to see if that’s right! lol

Hahahaha at the Lois/Clark/Cat dialogue about me still playing even though I’ve now won. wink

YAY! I’m so glad you loved the hand on her back calming her. Anyone who knows me well, knows I’m a COMPLETE SUCKER for the hand on the small of her back thing… and when I realized I could use it here like this?? Gah!!

Re: the heat from his body… um… yup. No comment? lol Let’s just say that I mildly considered adding slightly more of an allusion to that, but felt it didn’t fit quite yet. wink But you read Intoxicated, so you’re totally not wrong in knowing that I was definitely thinking that. lol

I really loved all the comments, thank you!!!

I’m sure I have read I is for Illusions by Pam at some point… I feel like I read almost all her stuff… but I might have to re-read now!

Part 5? Um… it’s a WIP. Plotting snags. But…there should be 1-2 more minimum. The one that’s snagging would be a addition to that number. lol

Anna—YES! Love that you loved that because it was totally not how I envisioned writing it…I was going to parcel it out through the story, but then it all lumped together, and I worried it wouldn’t play the same! So I’m glad you loved it! And yeah… they were pretty much telling me they had to kiss then. I *might* have been able to talk them out of it…

And YAY! I definitely love that pair of lines… because she KNOWS it’s “just” Clark…but at the same time, she IS making out with Superman. lol

And… issue a new challenge? Um… talk to me after January? Otherwise, you can challenge me to finish the other fics I need to finish…

PuffyTiger—um… SHHHHHHH. Don’t tell anyone you’re on to me! The facade that Sara can write short stories will CRUMBLE!! lol

Thank you, everyone, for such lovely and amazing feedback! love

Sara smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
His eyes went wide for a moment before his expression relaxed into a lopsided grin. "I...wanted to see you smile."
Seriously, being romantic is one of his super powers. No human man can compete with that. notworthy

It can't stop there. Now we need the outcome of their talk. And Clark still owes Lois the dinner. I'm sticking around for more. hyper

Andreia smile1

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!
I feel like you’re joking, but I kinda want to count to see if that’s right!
laugh I did not count.

ut you read Intoxicated, so you’re totally not wrong in knowing that I was definitely thinking that.
rotflol

I really loved all the comments, thank you!!!

I’m sure I have read I is for Illusions by Pam at some point… I feel like I read almost all her stuff… but I might have to re-read now!
You’re welcome. And yes, very recommended. And not too long.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Columnist
Columnist
Holy cow this was sweet and sexy and funny and....GAHHHHH ALL THE THINGS! I think this is my favourite of the bowling stories so far! And look what you can do with only 824 words!

So so sweet! That last line...WOW

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So much happened here and it was UNDER a thousand words! Challenge met!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Andreia—Yes! Being romantic is TOTALLY one of his super powers! It’s not stopping there, but I’m fussing a bit about how the next one goes… my rule for the series is that they all have to take place in a bowling alley. lol So unfortunately, we won’t actually SEE the talk or the dinner… don’t hate me. peep (but I will say that I have a dinner date planned in an upcoming fic that should satisfy that need for the dinner date. ;))

Michael—921 with the AN. 946 if you add the summary. Now I’m kinda tempted to blather on a bit more in my AN just to have that little word count as an Easter egg of sorts. lol

lovetvfan—Whee! I’m so glad you liked it! And… who knew I could do that with only 824 words?? Not me! lol Thanks!! love

Morgana—Yes! Challenge met! I was blown away that it actually happened. lol Thanks for reading!

Thanks, everyone!! smile1

Sara smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara,

I just found somehting...
https://xkcd.com/2711/
[Linked Image]
If you want to bowl a strike, the optimal place is almost certainly inside a bowling alley, although with a little luck any establishment uphill from one could also work.

wave Michael

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
rotflol

Features Writer
Features Writer
Can't believe I didn't review this collection yet. Time got away from me, (sorry!). Anyway, liked this bowling theme.

Clark is always fun, especially when Lois and a game is thrown in ^_^

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Awww thanks, Blueowl!! I’m glad you liked it! smile

S
Blogger
Blogger
S
Aww, I just found this series and thought it was adorable. I have always liked stories where Lois and Clark have playful competitions. I hope that there are some more (or at least one more) left in this series.
Sarah

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/digs up old thread/
Bek mentioned that Bowling us still unfinished. There should be one or two more games in there, correct? And they can have hotdogs or something at the seating area. Our bowling alley even got a small diner-type inside the bowling alley hall so they could have a dinner date? Or Clark just lights up a pin and it's a candle light dinner evil

wave Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard