#293772 11/18/22 10:59 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
This is story 3 in a series I’m affectionately calling When He Cheats…At Bowling. Find the previous story in the series TOC (linked over there). lol

Story 3 here

What’s your favorite part!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Columnist
Columnist
You knocked this one down; just like the others. So, what would we call this, 3 bowling stories - a turkey! I can't believe she is starting to realize that he is helping her.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"The thick plottens", as my Dad would say! (Also, of *course* Lois doesn't return her cart. 9_9 ) Love these! Keep 'em coming. laugh

~•~
Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
"The thick plottens", as my Dad would say! (Also, of *course* Lois doesn't return her cart. 9_9 ) Love these! Keep 'em coming. laugh

But next time she goes grocery shopping, she will return her cart because she'll hear Clark's voice in the back of her mind saying "common courtesy"! lol

Originally Posted by KSaraSara
"I'd love to," he said, smiling. Adorably. Like...like he had cheated just for her.

Serious love this!

Can't wait for the next installment!
(which we will get....when??? wildguy )

rotflol

-Bek

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
So cute. These stories are like little bites of chocolate! (yes, I love chocolate even though it can't eat it any more)

T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
Next please!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!

Now look what you did, I’m stuck doing FDK on the Serial-Cheater when there’s more stories out there also demanding attention. Then I’m almost done and story #4 pops up. dizzy
Lois' luck just keeps improving...enough that even she starts to wonder how she's playing so well.
jawdrop she must be up for state championship by now.

She half wondered if this was what dating Clark would be like — normally boring activities turned entertaining.
Awww. /Points over yonder/
LOIS: You think? Really? That, too? Nah, you’re funnin’ me.

then she could imagine this as a sort-of date with Clark. Though heaven help him if he took her bowling on their first date.
rotflol
CLARK: You thought this was meant as a date? confused

Just as she was letting the ball go, her hand cramped, twitching slightly and taking most of the force out of her throw.
And yet, somehow the ball smashes into the pins and scatters them all around.

But out of the corner of her eye, she saw Clark holding his hand up to the side of his mouth, looking for all the world like a kid trying to blow the pins over with his breath and magical thinking.
Oops?

She turned again, to find Clark watching her. "Whoa, lucky shot!" he said. Adorably.
He doesn’t even get red from the lie.
CLARK Superman doesn't lie. Also, happy wife, happy life.

As Clark took his turn, she watched with a curious...well, and distracted eye—good luck charm or not, he had a great body.
clap

Okay, her coworkers weren't getting that kind of treatment from Clark. So she needed to add another variable. What if she wasn't trying to do well?
peep

"Not the point! It's like putting your shopping cart back — common courtesy."
Oh boy.

"Lois! You don't put your cart back?!"
Over here, the shopping carts had a small deposit to encourage this behavior. It fell out of practice a while ago, though. I think when people became more concerned with touching things other people have touched too. Don’t know why, but it was sometime in mid-2019 huh

"You know, since bowling now seems to be a regular, mandatory event, maybe you should give me lessons."
It’s an effort by Franklin Stern to encourage a more down-to-earth outlook in his star paper’s star reporters. Connect with the common man and such.

"I'd love to," he said, smiling. Adorably. Like...like he had cheated just for her.
She already figured it out? /peeks at next story title/ cat

So, I this is where the usual remarks about this being fun are placed clap

wave Michael

PS:
What's your favorite part?
That's easy, when you think about it! /beat/ The next one.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Lois! You don't put your cart back?!"

I can just see him saying that!!

Love how she's still able to notice everything that's off even as she's distracted by his adorable-ness!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Carrie— Thank you! And lol! At this point, it was totally a turkey. lol

Queen—LOL! Of course she doesn’t… she’s busy… lol

Bek—OMG she totally will return her cart now because of Clark guilt in her head! LOL!

PuffyTiger—What a lovely description! Yes, little bites of chocolate! … glad there’s at least one kind of “chocolate” you can partake in! smile

Toomi—well…I assume you read the next already…and then immediately asked for the NEXT. lol I’m trying my best!

Michael— LOL! The Serial-Cheater! Did you intend that to be applicable to both ME and Clark?? lol

There is ONE store here (and actually, I don’t think they’re in my new state) that took a 25 cent deposit for the carts, and they still do. But most others…nope?

And wheee! Yeah, she’s got all the clues she needs… then she’s going to spend some time observing and confirming. wink

Anna—Haha thank you! She didn’t win 3 Kerths because she can yodel. wink

Thank you, everyone for the wonderful comments!

Sara smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And then Clark Kent became Lois' hero. love

Getting to the next part ASAP! hyper

Andreia smile1

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The Serial-Cheater! Did you intend that to be applicable to both ME and Clark??
Huh, you're right. You *are* kind of cheating with the story length wink We best not talk about it and cover it in more stories?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
And then Clark Kent became Lois' hero. love

Right? *happy sigh* Thanks for the feedback!

Michael—… you’re right—no comment. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard