K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Read the story here.

Welp… my limit was 824, but this was 1000! Will AnnaBtG make me try again??

What did you think? What’s your favorite line?

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Columnist
Columnist
I think you can be forgiven! This story is beyond adorable and I loved reading it!

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Awwwwwww! Lois mooning after Clark. Love it!

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I loved it! So well done, you said everything you needed to say - the setup, the action, the conclusion! Both Lois and Clark's characterizations are so well done!

My favourite part is definitely this one:

Earlier, when she'd complained about fairness, Clark had reminded her that it was a team building activity, not a competition — the idea being to socialize and bond with coworkers to create a more cohesive work environment.

There were points. Scores. Teams. It was a competition.

And she was losing.

But the end was amazingly sweet too!!

(And, well... I like the fact that it's a nice round 1000 so you get away with it! If you want to practise some more, though... the challenge still goes!)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahhhhhh this was beautiful!!! So Clark had to have heard her muttering, right? Does he understand that she's in love with him? I say try again: pick up the spare and let the sequel be under the 824 word limit. (Of course, nobody will judge if it runs a little long. <g>)

~•~
Columnist
Columnist
This is adorable. I could see it perfectly. And yes, you writing something under 1000 words!

Features Writer
Features Writer
Loved it!

Great job packing so much into only 1000 words. I couldn't have done it!

I could almost feel where you'd wanted to add more lol

I really think you should write another since you technically missed the limit by 176 words smile1

Or, you know, you should write another just because we need more.... hyper

-Bek

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Perfection! This is certainly different. Who cares if it is more than 800 words!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
lovetvfan—LOL and thanks!!

PuffyTiger—Yes, she’s totally sad that he “doesn’t love her” wink

Anna—Thank you so much!! For the challenge, the BRing, the feedback!

Queenie—YES, he 100% heard her muttering! LOL at “pick up the spare” … well… there was a sequel, but not a direct follow up wink

CarrieRene—Yay thanks!! And yeah… I think I’ll keep trying to hit that 824 or it will bug me! lol

Bek—Thank you! High praise! And yeah… totally wanted to add more in several parts! And… welp, you already saw there’s a second one. wink

Morgana—Thank you! I’m so glad you liked it!

Thanks, everyone!

As some of you demanded, there’s a second story posted now. wink

Sara smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Hi Sara!
but while whinging a bit in Discord, I managed to find myself with an assignment from AnnaBtG to write something with no more than 824 words.
You guys give out homework? shock peep

I failed and think I have to try again now. But y'all win more fic!
Yes, you just do new fics until there’s one that’s short enough. That’s fine.

Spare A Smile For Me by KSaraSara
Okay, with summary and a/n, scrollbar says we’re now about 15% in. laugh

Worse, mandatory bowling. With coworkers. She'd tried arguing with Perry that this was a waste of everyone's time.
Will Cat complain about this being bad for her manicure?

But the Planet's new owner had insisted on team building activities while they waited for the Planet to be rebuilt.
They could also play “find and rescue the star reporter”? That works great as a team building exercise.

What she did know was that Lois Lane was not a team player. On or off the lanes.
During the game: “Aaand Lane’s off her lane again!”

Clark had reminded her that it was a team building activity, not a competition — the idea being to socialize and bond with coworkers to create a more cohesive work environment.
LOIS: I’m sorry, I don't get it. If I need my desk to hold together, I call the janitor to bring the crazy glue.

laugh she’s so cute!
LOIS: /shows S-shield tattoo/ Superman approved.

And she was losing.
Oh boy. That's not gonna work for team building.

The only person she really wanted to bond with was Clark. After the disaster of her almost marrying Lex, she was terrified of losing Clark.
Oooh, grown-up bonding time! /Heads over yonder/

peep
He gave her a brief, warm smile and her heart fluttered. And just like every other time her heart had done it in the past five weeks, she told it to stop. He wasn't in love with her after all, so all the fluttering and tingling was nonsense. Bothersome.
Awwww. Also, down, girl. Sit! Si-it? Now who’s a good heart? Who’s a good heart?

"He's not in love with you," Lois muttered under her breath
She does realize a Kryptonian on Earth can hear her, right?

Her ball curved more than she wanted it to, and she only clipped three pins on the corner. Dammit.
Hey, just like the cab she took this morning!

Couldn’t they have done climbing or golf or tae kwon do? Something she was good at?
Golf? Is that from the show or from Lois trying to bond with her doctor father?

Her life had been so full of failure and loss lately. She needed a win.
She could show up at Clark's and ask him to give her a win.

Waiting, secretly, for that moment where she'd catch his eye and he'd smile just for her. Even though it didn't mean what she wanted it to mean.
His “Lois doesn’t love me. It’s still nice to be close to her.”-smile?

Also, does this above statement count as three words or fourteen?

But it kept going and maybe even picked up a little speed — from hitting some slope or imperfection, she was sure. And strike!
And no relation to the Kryptonian standing behind her?

Her luck seemed to hold out her next few turns too — getting some spares and another strike — as long as she got a smile and encouragement from Clark first.
See? Best lock down that lucky charm before a blonde catches it.

And this time, she thought that, just maybe, it did mean what she wanted it to mean.
CLARK: I am getting better at breath bowling.

Those short ones do spoil. Of course, it also means that more stories get FDK at a higher rate. Vicious circle…

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Sara!
but while whinging a bit in Discord, I managed to find myself with an assignment from AnnaBtG to write something with no more than 824 words.
You guys give out homework? shock peep

Sometimes! LOL! You want some??? wink

I failed and think I have to try again now. But y'all win more fic!
Yes, you just do new fics until there’s one that’s short enough. That’s fine.

Yep… pretty much how it’s going to go down. So… pretty much will be writing forever at this rate. lol

But the Planet's new owner had insisted on team building activities while they waited for the Planet to be rebuilt.
They could also play “find and rescue the star reporter”? That works great as a team building exercise.

LOL!

What she did know was that Lois Lane was not a team player. On or off the lanes.
During the game: “Aaand Lane’s off her lane again!”

LOL! I kept trying to think about a Lane/lane pun but couldn’t figure out a way to put one in!

laugh she’s so cute!
LOIS: /shows S-shield tattoo/ Superman approved.

Lol! Right??

The only person she really wanted to bond with was Clark. After the disaster of her almost marrying Lex, she was terrified of losing Clark.
Oooh, grown-up bonding time! /Heads over yonder/

peep

Not in this series, I’m afraid!

Couldn’t they have done climbing or golf or tae kwon do? Something she was good at?
Golf? Is that from the show or from Lois trying to bond with her doctor father?

You know how they did those little sports opening clips sometimes? Clark playing baseball solo? Playing basketball with Bo? There was one where she and Clark were at the range hitting golf balls and she was way better than him. So I assumed she was good at actual golf too. goofy

Waiting, secretly, for that moment where she'd catch his eye and he'd smile just for her. Even though it didn't mean what she wanted it to mean.
His “Lois doesn’t love me. It’s still nice to be close to her.”-smile?

Also, does this above statement count as three words or fourteen?

Haha yes, that smile exactly! And LOL … um… let’s say three. wink

Those short ones do spoil. Of course, it also means that more stories get FDK at a higher rate. Vicious circle…

All the ficlets have indeed been a treat! But yeah… vicious cycle!

Thank you for all the laughs—I loved all the comments but… fdk fdk…didn’t want to comment on each one, y’know. goofy

Sara smile

T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
My fault?!?!? Ok. I'm good with that.

Great cute fic!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Hi Sara!
Sometimes! LOL! You want some??? <EW tries to entice innocent reader into spending more time away from work-related stuff>
Umm…not right now peep

Yep… pretty much how it’s going to go down. So… pretty much will be writing forever at this rate.
hyper

There was one where she and Clark were at the range hitting golf balls and she was way better than him. So I assumed she was good at actual golf too.
laugh Just don’t dress the little flagpost at the hole with a red/blue flag.

Thank you for all the laughs—I loved all the comments but… fdk fdk…didn’t want to comment on each one, y’know.
rotflol It’s another vicious cycle.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello! peep

I have been rewatching the series and it made me miss the fanfics. I love long fics, but I have been away for so long that maybe it's a good idea to start again with shorter fics. blush

He nodded, his grin lighting up the entire bowling alley. Around her, all her coworkers were on their feet and congratulating her, but all she could see was Clark. Smiling. Just for her.
Awww.... This was very WAFFy! Loved it! clap

Andreia cool

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Michael—fdk fdk fdk… not sure where we’re at, but thanks!! lol

Andreia!! Welcome back!! And what a good time to come back when everyone has been hit with the ficlet bug—plenty of short fics to read lately! lol Thank you for the feedback—I’m glad you enjoyed it!! smile1

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard