Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Once upon a time (2004), I wrote a story called Wherever You Will Go (nfic version archived here). I’ll try and pretend I don’t cringe a bit at old me’s writing and give myself some grace; it was almost two decades ago, after all. In 2006, I wrote a kind of a sequel (except it was set entirely in the altUniverse) called Away From the Sun (nfic version archived here). In the author’s note for that one, I *PROMISED* that I would write the WYWG sequel someday.

Well, someday is here! Back to fandom last year after yet another hiatus, and the sequel is ALMOST FINISHED. Only 18 years later…but you know what? I think it’s amazing and the writing and emotions are so much better off with all that life I’ve lived in the meantime.

For those who aren’t familiar with the WYWG, here’s the archive summary: When Clark leaves for New Krypton, he leaves Lois with a little something to remember him by. But when H.G. Wells interferes, things may become too difficult to handle, especially when it looks like Clark may not make it home.

As with the other stories in what I’m now (tentatively?) calling the Wherever You Will Go Series, there will be a gfic and an nfic version. I’m looking forward to posting…hopefully in the next few weeks if all goes well with getting the last chapter written. It should be 20 parts plus and epilogue.

Please feel free to nag me!

Thank you, CarrieRene for the amazing story banner!! (And my new avatar for the series!)

Sara smile

Here’s the list of songs that I listened to SO MANY TIMES while writing (behind a cut to save space):

Far Away by Nickelback
Wherever You Will Go by The Calling
Little Wonders by Rob Thomas
Just Give Me a Reason by P!nk (feat. Nate Ruess)
Bring Me to Life by Evanescence
Breathe by Melissa Etheridge
From Yesterday by Thirty Seconds to Mars
Everything But Me by Daughtry
Numb by Linkin Park
You Say by Lauren Daigle
Part of Me by Evanescence
I’ll Stand By You by The Pretenders
Love Me Anyway by P!ink (feat. Chris Stapleton)
Superman by Rachel Platten
When I Look At You by Miley Cyrus
Arms by Christina Perri
Heart Beat Here by Dashboard Confessional
Home by Phillip Phillips
Broken by Lifehouse
Far Away by Nickelback
My Girl by Joy Oladokun (cover)

Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
When I'm Gone by 3 Doors Down
So Far Away by Staind
Control by Zoe Wees
Carry You by Ruelle (feat. Fleurie)
Fix You by Coldplay (Fearless Soul cover)
Songbird by Eva Cassidy
The Climb by Miley Cyrus
Silent Lucidity by Queensryche
Till We Ain't Strangers Anymore by Bon Jovi and LeAnne Rimes
Bring On the Rain by Jo Dee Messina and Tim McGraw
Rescue Me by Thirty Seconds to Mars
The Fantasy by Thirty Seconds to Mars
Home by Daughtry
The Sound of Silence by Disturbed
Whisper by Evanescence
Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers
Keep Holding On by Avril Lavigne
Rise Up by Andra Day

[Linked Image]

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Can't wait to read this continuing tale. It's been a long time! If I remember correctly, they were in a sticky situation because of the stories they had spun to cover Clark's absence and the relationship between Alt-Clark and Lois. Very interested to see how you will smooth out the wrinkles. I know you will not disappoint!

Love the banner!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
dizzy now I need to figure out where to queue this one. After all, there's two before that in the series laugh

he leaves Lois with a little something to remember him by.
laugh I do hope you don't expect any FoLC to believe that this would be just a lovely little poem he wrote for her wink

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Yay! Glad y’all are excited!

Penny_Lane—Yes, you remember correctly! Just um… it might be a hot minute before that part of the story gets addressed. But it will! wink

Michael—I hope you figure out a good order for the queue; it’ll be waiting for you whenever you’re ready. smile And… yes, it was a lovely poem and nothing more. *cough* wink

Look for chapter one coming up TODAY!!

Sara smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara,

I checked the length and the first two are actually just longish vignettes. /does math. loses the one/ I did not find FDK threads for them however. Maybe will need to create them...

On a serious note: is the n-stuff sprinkled throughout or is it just a scene or two in the first two stories? Am asking in case I do end up with FDK and it's easier to know the non-appropriate stuff will jump out at you anyway when quoting bits and things can go on the light side of the boards without touching any rating issues.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Michael—

Longish vignettes. lol

As for FDK threads… I dug them up for you and anyone else who wants the boards links because I really ought to have them bookmarked for myself anyway.

Wherever You Will Go - gfic TOC
Wherever You Will Go - nfic TOC

Away From the Sun - gfic TOC
Away From the Sun - nfic TOC

On a serious note: is the n-stuff sprinkled throughout or is it just a scene or two in the first two stories? Am asking in case I do end up with FDK and it's easier to know the non-appropriate stuff will jump out at you anyway when quoting bits and things can go on the light side of the boards without touching any rating issues.

For WYWG, it’s at the beginning and the end…and a tiny blip of a scene somewhere in the middle. For AFTS… there’s one in the middle-ish(?) and one towards the end. Hopefully that answers the question? grin

Thanks for the interest! smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard