Next Thread
Print Thread
#292838 08/23/22 11:21 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Story is Here

FDK goes Here.

This is a (somewhat delayed) continuation of a series.
I hope y'all enjoy. smile

ETA: This work is part of the Challenged Series.

Last edited by KSaraSara; 08/24/22 04:20 PM. Reason: Adding the TOC for the series. <3

~•~
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
This was such a clever series - how you linked the prompts. Very impressive and entertaining.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Please let Clark re-gain his memories!

Great series, by the way.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary!

hyper You added a new one!

Clark's doubts about this new therapy were not exactly alleviated when Dr. Klein pulled out an actual pocket watch on a long chain.
Hypnosis!
LOIS: … and while you’re at it, please add ‘chumpy’ to his vocabulary. Thanks!

His limbs were immobile as he drifted, floating in the emptiness, unable to breathe… "CLARK!" Lois's voice pierced the void as a pair of hands shook him. "Oh, dear! Breathe, Clark! Breathe!"
Oops?

"Okay. Clark, you're in the oxygen-rich atmosphere of Earth, floating at a safe altitude, surrounded by highly-breathable air."
laugh

Of course: he had pretended to be hit. He stood up from the pile of garbage he'd landed in and tried to brush the filth from his clothes.
This sounds like he’s focusing on the first Nightfall. So, is Nightfall just later or is Clark mixing the two up?

“We have explained the situation to Superman, and he has agreed to attempt a head-on impact to destroy the asteroid.

One does wonder why he didn’t flip around and hit it feet first.

"Doesn't that put Superman at risk?" he called out.
No, he’s got a really thick skull.

He hoped it was true. In fact, Superman would return to the skies regardless of whether or not his double made it back to Earth. Though, if by some miracle the man were alive, Clark had a number of questions for him…
He *is* still inside his weird dual identity made manifest trip, isn’t he?

"Of course!" he replied, though in truth, he was only half-listening. His double had just picked up a delicate knickknack and was handling it far too roughly as he inspected it.
laugh

Before Clark could formulate an explanation that didn't involve amnesiac imposters of superheroes, the man in question suddenly fumbled and dropped the knickknack. It fell to the ground with a resounding crack.
I’m wondering if the knickknack is shaped like a brain.

Clark paused in his task of picking up the fragile shards. "They're…memories," he explained. "From places I've been, things I've done."
See?

"Because it's not about how useful you are to people!" Clark finally snapped.
Hmm…

She covered her hand with his own. "It's okay," she said softly. "I'll help you remember that."
Aww… also I really did expect him to remember now sad

You do realize that this can’t be the last one, now, do you? Hmm... should I post a challenge about Clark or Lois finding an item of unexpected value in the dumpster?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
Features Writer
frown I hope he regains his memories, but gaining what he has is a good sign, right?

I feel so bad for both Lois and Clark, but in different ways.

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Queen of the Capes, I am astonished that you have been able to develop this series based on a line or two from a random challenge! clap

And what’s more impressive, it’s not just a collection of frivolous, throw away stories. Each story is a powerful and poignant testimony to the brilliance and talent which are generally revealed in your writing. notworthy

I sure hope you carry this series out to completion. The effort you’ve invested in this project deserves a satisfactory conclusion. I eagerly await the next part of this journey. thumbsup

Thank you for stepping up to this mammoth challenge! And thank you for sharing this, and all your work, with us.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard