Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#290776 01/12/22 09:52 PM
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Summary: A 'Pheromone, My Lovely' what if. What if Superman had been affected by the concentrated spray? What will Lois do when he comes to her? Granted, no matter what she does, she'll get a lot more than she bargained for.

Hope you all enjoy and get a few good laughs from reading: Restraint

Blueowl #290788 01/14/22 06:03 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Clark stilled, part of him realizing what he was feeling was not normal, but another part of him didn’t care. This felt great! Just being near Lois was better than a full day in the sun! Oh, he wanted to be closer.

Love this line!

"Oh! Let me, Lois. You sit down and relax," he said, not asking as he went around her and then zipped about the kitchen in a colorful blur, grabbing two mugs and making both coffee and tea before opening and closing the fridge.

Haha… is she going to wonder how he knows his way around the kitchen so well? lol

Before, part of her had wondered if he just didn't feel as much because he wasn't human, but now it was clear to her he had the full width of expression, he had just reserved himself.

Love this realization of hers.

The transformation was actually rather endearing. And frightening, she realized a second later. She had control of Superman.

LOL!! I love that! lol

This had to be a record. She had never been confused so many times in such a short amount of time.

Haha!! lol

“I don't like Luthor. He's really the only person I might actually hate. He's responsible for a lot of horrible things."

Yes!! This is a bonus side effect! <g>

Goodness, how strange was her life? Here she was, trying to pick a movie that would not encourage a drugged superhero to kiss her senseless.

LOL!! Great line!

There were so many good lines! And the interplay between Lois and Superman was just great! And the revelation. lol Of course he’d been practicing it that way…and then he couldn’t say it. I love her response! lol

Cute, waffy little story!!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Blueowl #290790 01/14/22 09:06 PM
T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
What a great story! Loved the different take on Clark being affected by the pheromone and love Lois' restraint. It's interesting how Superman can't say he's Clark, but Clark can say he's Superman!

Blueowl #290791 01/14/22 10:41 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So much fun, Blue! clap

But indeed, how was it harder than saying "I'm Superman"? rotflol

~•~
Blueowl #290792 01/15/22 11:54 AM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Love Superman telling Lois his name. Watching ET was a fun touch. Love the "Warning Will Robinson" Danger-danger line. And the reveal was fun.

Joan

Blueowl #290793 01/15/22 01:42 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What a fun story. smile

Blueowl #290801 01/16/22 01:24 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Hi, Lois. Um, I’m Superman. . . . uh, surprise?” he said.

For a long moment he thought he might have broken her, but then she spoke.

"How is saying, 'I'm Clark' any harder than saying, 'I'm Superman'?"

I'm with you Lois!

Perfect waffy story to read during this lousy snow storm. eek

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Blueowl #290810 01/16/22 11:33 PM
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Sara- Glad you enjoyed it and found so many lines funny ^_^

Toomi- smile1 I felt it made sense since he's Clark first.

Queen- laugh I figured Lois would latch onto that first.

Joan- Happy I made a good movie choice. It was really fun smile

Lynn- ^_^ Thanks

Morgana- Did you read with some hot cocoa? wink Glad you enjoyed it.

Blueowl #290847 01/18/22 10:50 AM
B
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
B
Oh, that was a nice Twist on the Pheromone Episode and going into a different direction than usual, which IMO is a good Thing. Not that These type of fic is bad or something, but it has been done so often. So, I really enjoyed your refreshing take on it. And yeah, good question, Lois. Especially since Clark seems to be more Clark than Superman, so I would think saying that should be more natural for him.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Blueowl #290848 01/18/22 10:55 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Finally I get around to leaving feedback for this fic. When you first told us about it, I thought that it would end up with Lois losing the battle with her hormones. I'm glad That in this case she was able to behave herself. And I'm very much looking forward to when she's not going to just watch tv with Superman. wink

Thank you for sharing

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Blueowl #291142 02/20/22 05:07 PM
C
Blogger
Blogger
C
Just love this rewrite of "Pheromone, My Lovely". Lois making it through the night was the last thing I expected. Love how she is trying to avoid Superman's secret by distracting him. Only to have every subject become romantic.

After all that Lois really did deserve to know the truth, really enjoyed the reveal. Lois what did you expect, you already figured out that he is a strange one.

Blueowl #291165 02/22/22 05:38 PM
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Enjoyed your story Blueowl! Particularly appreciated the amplified level of maturity demonstrated by Lois and Clark. Of course, knowing Lois, a 30-minute extension to your show (story) could very well change that!!!!

I found it interesting that Superman's childhood story about Blueberry took Lois to a warm memory of her and Clark! Thanks for sharing.

Blueowl #291178 02/25/22 09:50 PM
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
BlindPassenger -- Thanks. I figured Lois would go one of two ways, love or lust. This is the love choice.

bakasi -- That's the other fic I'm working on, Impulse..... ^_^ I've started part 3 and suspect it'll have 10 or so parts when completed.

captainscout -- grin Yeah, she definitely deserved to know. Glad you enjoyed it.

Penny_Lane -- Thanks, I wanted Lois to think about Clark for a tiny bit. wink

Blueowl #293417 11/01/22 01:37 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Blueowl!

A 'Pheromone, My Lovely' what if. What if Superman had been affected by the concentrated spray? What will Lois do when he comes to her? Granted, no matter what she does, she'll get a lot more than she bargained for.
Oooooh! PML has a special place in my heart smile1
That meant Lois was attracted to him, Clark Kent, at least a little bit.
Yes, and the iceberg damaged the Titanic just a little bit. Not that they were considering such an event.

She looked at him expectantly and his heart swelled.
Clark! Not while wearing the spandex!

"I see," Luthor stated, barely containing a sneer.

Clark ignored him. He was such an evil man. One day he would fall.
Literally.

He needed to return to work. He didn't want Lois upset with him.
Yes, slacking off with his main squeeze like that. Tsk tsk tsk.
Lois: Exactly. /Beat/ Hey, wait a minute!

Having to lie and sound convincing didn’t seem within his capabilities just then.
Umm…

He looked over when he heard Lois’ heartbeat, hearing it before she had even stepped out of the elevator. He closed his eyes and just focused on that wonderful, soothing sound.
Awwwwww

He beamed, all previous self-reproach evaporating as he looked over her words. "It's perfect," he said, and it was, other than a misspelled word he quickly corrected with no comment.
Gold. Simply gold clap

"So you lied earlier. You are attracted to me," she said pointedly, but there was no heat in her words. "Any man with a beating heart should be," he said before he could process, let alone censor, his words. She blushed so hard her ears went pink and she hurriedly returned her attention to their article.
Wowzers, they’ve for sure ramped up the heat, now that Lois is sane again.

Maybe he could go someplace and sleep it off? He glided numbly over Metropolis, flying much slower than his norm. What was he doing again? He wondered what Lois was doing. Did she have any plans this weekend? He should have asked before he left.
You’re doing a great job with his trailing thoughts.

She gaped at him as she came to the only conclusion she could. Good Lord. He was still affected by the pheromone!
Oh, that’s evil, giving Lois the same experience Clark has had.

Good grief. She needed to get a hold of herself! Having one love sick individual in a room was bad enough.
She could tell him that she can’t do this. That she loves Clark.

The transformation was actually rather endearing. And frightening, she realized a second later. She had control of Superman.
Yes, like with those early 90s computer games, all she needs to do is grab the joystick and direct Superman to where she wants him to go. And pressing button #2 makes him fly.

Sure, the pheromone had made her exaggerate her feelings toward Clark, but they had never made her lie or concoct stories.
laugh

"Why would I be angry?" she asked. "That I didn't tell you my secret," he answered, looking away.
He’s married.

"Many reasons, but primarily because it's dangerous. Very dangerous. If the wrong people learned this, everyone close to me would be in danger, everyone who knows and kept it hidden especially, and if the world learned . . . I wouldn't be allowed to be me anymore."
Yep. Married. To the princess.

"Well, as “Well, as long as you’re not the frontal assault of an invading Kryptonian army to take over Earth, or something like that, I can’t think of anything I wouldn’t be able to forgive you for.”

Aww she’s okay with being his side piece.

Like, what's Krypton like? What's your Kryptonian name?
/Looks at the timeline/ Now that should be fun laugh

He grinned as he sat down. "Okay. My Kryptonian name is Kal-El," he said.
Oh. Okay smile

"I only learned it this year, a few months ago, actually," he said happily.
That should be fun.

This had to be a record. She had never been confused so many times in such a short amount of time.
Wait till you meet Tempus

"What has he done?" she asked, almost afraid to ask, but she had to know!
Oh, so Superman she’ll believe.

"Tests?" she asked. What was up with her asking one word questions lately? "Superman?" she asked uncertainly.
laugh

She put the movie in and pushed play before going to the couch. She hoped that wasn't a mistake as Superman sat down beside her.
Hmm, it might be necessary to comfort the alien during those…sensitive scenes.

”Kal-El, remember, you need to try to keep control of yourself. The drug, remember?” she tried, praying her words would get through to him.

They seemed to, thankfully.

Regretfully.
clap

He really couldn't remember, but he was out on the couch by himself. That had to mean things hadn't escalated out of control, right? He desperately hoped so.
Sorry buddy, but royalty doesn’t share a bed for the night. He goes back to his own room after completing his business.

"Nothing I couldn't handle.
Oh this could mean anything.

“I’ve been trying to figure out how to tell you, ‘I’m Superman’, and now that I’m in front of you as Superman, I need to actually say my real name,” he said, slowly getting back under control. “Oh. That is pretty funny,” she said, chuckling herself now. “Oh, I know! One moment,” he said, before vanishing out the window.
/Gets popcorn/

“Hi, Lois. Um, I’m Superman. . . . uh, surprise?” he said.
laugh

For a long moment he thought he might have broken her, but then she spoke. "How is saying, 'I'm Clark' any harder than saying, 'I'm Superman'?"
rotflol
And it’s because it’s one syllable more. His brain can only process two syllables at a time.

BlindPassenger -- Thanks. I figured Lois would go one of two ways, love or lust. This is the love choice.

bakasi -- That's the other fic I'm working on, Impulse.
Oooh, I’m liking this thoughtful approach. So…I looked but I didn’t find Impulse? Okay, found it, apparently at first I only look over yonder…

Thanks for the great ride!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard