Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Chapter 4 is up. More Lois, more Rachel, more Clark, more Lucy, not necessarily in that order. And not listed by importance.

Enjoy.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
I'm going to go ahead and say it. This Lois truly is Galactically Stupid. Clark TOLD HER his secret. It's not like she figured it out and he tried to hide it before giving up and admitting she's right. Sigh. When she wakes up to her own idiocy, it's going to be worse than any hangover, and I must say, I don't think I'll feel that sorry for her.

I hope Lucy manages to talk to Clark before too much longer.

As for Rachel, I really hope she gets what she wants!

Looking forward to more.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You actually manage to make me wish that Rachel and Clark will end up together at the end. She seems like a much better friend at the moment.

I have to admit though that I find Lois' reasoning more believable now that she explained it herself.

Actually, I feel pity for the two women in Clark's life. One off them is bound to end up unhappy. Right now, Lois certainly deserves it more than Rachel does. Though my guess would be that in the end Lois and Clark will be the happy couple.

Ready to read more.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
Rachel seems like a good friend and daughter. Lois seems to be making no effort whatsoever to see Clark's point of view... or even acknowledge he might have a valid one for keeping his secret. Lucy is right; she's blackmailing him. She's projecting her encounters with other men onto him without considering any other scenario. Normally, I hope she and Clark end up together. I have zero sympathy or empathy for her right now. She's feeding her anger and making the situation worse, possibly unreconcilable. Excellent chapter and tension building!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
I finally have time to catch up on fics!

Lois' reaction seemed so wildly over the top, yet I have a particular family member who reacts the same way to anything and everything. It was awkward to read mostly because of this particular family member who had just finished having a wild overreaction to something and the dust was still settling. Oh, Lois. I'm sure you'll regret it!

Poor Rachel. The last chapter tugged at my heart. It will be nice to see her and Clark reconnect, even though I suspect it won't be long lasting.

T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Chapter Five is coming, but first let me respond to the kind FoLCs who have taken the time to leave comments. Thank you!

Blueowl, I understand your reaction to Lois' reaction. But she has reasons, one for every man who's ever hurt her. That doesn't justify her fury, but it does explain it. Lucy and Clark will talk this over and come to an understanding. And I wish I could tell you that Rachel gets everything she wants, but - spoilers!

Bakasi, thank you for you opinion. Rachel is a good friend, and we'll see just how good a friend she can be in the middle of the story. It might surprise you. I would mention now that "deserve" doesn't always apply in matters of the heart. Just sometimes.

Cuidador, that's a spot-on analysis of Lois' mental state. And it's the target at which I was aiming for her mental state. I hope you can handle the upcoming tension.

Toomi8, I'm glad you have some reading time available. I had a family member do the same kind of thing but worse: she invented stuff that upset her and no one could convince her the stuff wasn't true. And we'll see when and how the regret settles in for Lois. As far as Rachel is concerned, y'all will just have to read and find out.

Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
After reading this, I must say that I don't think anything could change my desire to see Rachel have a happily ever after ending with Clark and for Lois to wallow in misery for a bit before hopefully growing up, moving on, and having a good life somewhere far-far away from Clark and Rachel. And yeah, I understand Lois has reasons and it might explain her actions, but -- like most people here, I too have a relative who sometimes says and does exceedingly senseless/hateful things, and what's worse is that even though she occasionally may be sorry about it later, we all know she'll do it again. She did have a hard childhood and tragic events throughout her life, I do understand why she does what she does (which is why I don't hate her), but I also know many people who have experienced worse and would never do half of what she's done (which is why I pity her--she has burned so many bridges, including mine after several, several years). It's probably why I now have a cut and dry sort of approach to people's foolishness. I've learned it's not worth my time and energy, or my peace of mind, to attempt to 'make peace/play nice' when certain lines have been crossed. I forgive, but don't let offenses continue.

Anyway, I love how Perry is handling this. I'm glad he knows and has given Clark a means to still have a job. Although I do hope someone will call Lois out soon because what she's doing is definitely crossing a line and downright hateful. What she is doing to him is by far worse than what he has done to her.

Welp, looking forward to more, even though I want to throttle Lois and am seriously looking forward to seeing her comeuppance. . . .

Blueowl #289136 06/16/21 07:21 AM
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Kudos to Perry for making sure Clark has still a Job and, thus, giving him a return Option is they should miracolously reconcile one day. Looking Forward for the Clark/Rachel Meeting. Lois seems to realize she might do some wrong things but surpresses that thoughts quickly whenever they appear. Hoping for Lucy to do an Intervention. I understand to a degree how Lois thinking works but I still don't agree with her, especially with her also "betraying" People in the past, like when she had that awkward Thing with Luthor and wanted Superman at the same time etc.. The Kind of secret Clark tells her is not a horrible one at all and Lois blackmailing him is definitely crossing a line, even for her. The way how she uses Clark's deep and personal thoughts as quotes for her Story is just cruel. So yeah, she might have had a bad past with men buth she is also intelligent enough she should see what she does and with this chapter she lost another bunch of sympathy Points. So I'm still in Rachel's Corner for this one. Wondering wether she will acompany Clark on his trip to US midwest and a vacation from all her stress or something.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, Lois has taken her anger to a new level. Not only has she burned her bridges, she may have blown them to smithereens. I'm also glad that Perry found a way to keep Clark at the paper. Lois gave not only Clark but also Perry that ultimatum. I can't imagine he's going to be very happy about her treatment of him, since he's been her mentor in addition to her boss. I'm looking forward to the discussion between them when she finds out Perry's plans. Like others, I also have family whose actions feed their anger and seem to easily lose control, which may be part of my lack of sympathy for Lois' situation. Also I'm looking forward to the stories behind Clark's articles, and how they affect the paper.

To say Rachel is going through a rough time, trying to be both sheriff and a good daughter, is woefully inadequate. I've been there, with not one but both parents at different times with life-threatening hospitalizations while trying to hold down a job that is much more than 9 to 5. I look forward to seeing how she and Clark interact and hoping they can help each other through their rough times, no matter who ends up with whom. For the first time in a story, so far I don't care whether or not Lois ends up with Clark, as long as his shattered heart heals. If they do end up together, I'm sure you will take us through their path to reconciliation that is realistic. If they don't reconcile, she has no one to blame but herself. That is, if she has the maturity and insight to see it. Looking forward to the journey.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
A heartfelt "Thank you" goes to Blueowl, BlindPassenger, and Cuidadora. It seems that the themes of this tale - Lois' over-the-top reaction, Clark's pain, Perry's compassion and understanding, and Rachel's quiet heroics are all coming through. There will be more of each as we read further. No details, though - I don't want to spoil the surprise(s).

Chapter Six up in moments!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Still reading. I liked that Lucy tried to help Clark and it's certainly an interesting twist that she guessed his secret, too.

After everything that happened, I'm a bit surprise that Clark seems still willing to forgive Lois, if she would stand on his doorstep and apologize. It makes me wonder what kind of indignity she might still have in store for him to burn that last bridge. Somehow, I can't imagine that you've already shot you're wad.

Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
Ha! Lucy figured it out, even if she's not confident that she did. Looking forward to Clark talking with Rachel :P

T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
Firstly.... this....

...she’s about three fries short of a happy meal.

I've heard that line from only one other person/character before, Jack O'Neill. Never heard it before or since. I have no idea if that is a common colloquialism elsewhere in the world, but I appreciated the little lift that gave my day!

Now to the chapter! I appreciate how you addressed Lucy's thoughts towards Clark as Superman, and Superman's part in Johnny's death. Lucy is certainly the more level headed one in the family! I can't imagine Lois figuring something out like that and sitting calmly and working it through in her mind.

Somehow I never thought of Clark owning, or driving, a truck. Though, practically thinking, how else would he get his stuff to Smallville? One guy flying with a few suitcases is one thing, but flying with a couch, maybe not so much.

I'm looking forward to Clark's arrival at home, and meeting Rachel again. I'm hoping that Lois and he don't run into each other before then!

Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow, what a nice interlude with Lucy. This Lucy is more mature than Lois is right now, which is an interesting twist. I'm glad she reached out to Clark and is respecting his privacy. It will be interesting to see which Lane sister comes out ahead when Lucy talks to Lois. So many possibilities for interesting twists that I'm looking forward to reading more.

Cuidadora

T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Well. Everybody likes Lucy in this part of the story. Keep reading, y'all, because the Clark/Lucy interaction isn't done. There is much more to come.

Now to specifics.

Bakasi, I have one more surprise in the Clark/Lois pain sweepstakes, but it might not be what you expect. Stay tuned!

Blueowl, Clark and Rachel will meet fairly soon. And it may surprise you.

Toomi8, there are a number of expressions Americans use to indicate that someone isn't as smart as he/she thinks. They include the Happy Meal, "Your elevator don't go the top floor," "You ain't got all your oars in the water," "You're not playing with a full deck," "You're dumb as a box of rocks," and others in that vein. I don't know the Canadian equivalents and won't guess at any. And, as I indicated above, there is one more direct interaction left between Clark and Lois in this part of the story - just not what some might expect.

Cuidadora, your comment about the upcoming Lois/Lucy conversation is quite prescient. I think some will be surprised by it.

More relationship building and personal information coming up in the next chapter.

Chapter seven is now up! Enjoy!

Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
Rachel is a power house. And yeah, I can see where Martha is coming from. Rebound relationships are risky to say the least, and Clark and Rachel both deserve happiness.
Looking forward to more.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow, Rachel is amazing. Her training took over. The only way to handle caring for someone that close to you in a medical emergency is to focus on the problem, distancing oneself from the emotional turmoil. That comes later. Glad to see she's a hero in this story, and the hopefully the townspeople will recognize her value if they haven't before.

Another nice encounter between Lucy and Clark. She is really thoughtful in this story.

Martha is very wise, and I second her hope that neither Rachel nor Clark get hurt more.

Counting the days until Saturday (assuming that's your schedule).

Cuidadora

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It seems to me like every woman is drooling over Clark, except Lois. I enjoyed this part of the story very much - despite what you may think after reading my e-mail. But that's just a minor bump in an otherwise well-paved road.

T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Ooh, nice feedbacks! Let's get some feedback for them!

Blueowl, thank you for your comments. I'm trying to portray Rachel as a good woman and a good sheriff, and we'll see her in that capacity very soon. Martha is indeed wise in the ways of the force - er, I mean the ways of the heart. Rebound relationships tend to bounce very hard and we'll see what happens between them soon.

Cuidadora, thank you. I'm glad everyone seems to like this Rachel. She's not a superhero, but she does what she thinks she has to do. And she has some help along the way, too. I'm glad you liked Lucy, too. Her part in this epic tale is not finished. We'll see who gets hurt - I've set this up so that we cannot have an "everybody's happy forever" ending.

Bakasi, I don't think every woman is drooling over Clark. It's just the single ones. And the next time I write a medical sequence in a story, I'll run it by you for accuracy. Thank you for your comments, both public and private. They mean a lot to me.

Next chapter up in moments!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another great chapter. I liked the exchange between Lucy and Clark. It was nice that she kissed him goodbye. The fight between the sisters was one of the best scenes so far, at least in my opinion. The only thing that had me slightly confused was Clark's attitude towards the waitress. Was he flirting with her? Despite his broken heart? I'm not quite sure I understood this scene, but that might be because English is not my native language.

Anyway, love this story.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard