#288338 02/15/21 01:34 PM
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Story is here

In response to the Kerth Challenge #7 which grabbed me immediately. There was one line from my husband's favourite rom/com that popped into my mind. Can you spot it?

My first fanfic posted here... I'm quite nervous...

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hello Toomi8,

What a super debut here. :-) The “just a girl” line sounded familiar, but I couldn’t place it. A quick online search revealed it to be from a movie that I had watched once and enjoyed many years ago, when it first came out. Thanks for the reminder.

I’m looking forward to seeing more fanfic from you in the future. (Hint, hint. wink )

Be well,
Lynn

Features Writer
Features Writer
Hi Toomi8! wave

Welcome! I think this makes you the first new author for 2021.

WOW! Lynn beat me to it, but it is a super debut!!! This is how that episode should have ended. What a great story for Valentine's Week. love

I'm also looking forward to reading more stories from you.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello Toomi8! Welcome to the boards! hyper

Lois groaned and slowly walked to open the door. Star was tenacious and would not be leaving until she’d seen her.

Star is not one of my favorites, but it is nice to see her taking a (hyper)active role in helping Lois get through a breakup.

She was mulling over the idea of heading over to the Planet to see if he’d stopped in to write up a rescue, or running home to get her lock picks, when suddenly the door opened and she fell backwards. He caught her before her head hit the ground.

Attagirl! Don't let a little thing like forgetting your lockpicks keep you from talking to that Lunkhead!

“This isn’t the first time I’ve been hurt chasing after a story, you realize that, right? I was doing this before you showed up, and whether or not you decide to stick with your decision to dump me, I’ll keep doing it.” She watched him wince at her tone and she took a breath to try to calm down again. “Just because we’re not together doesn’t mean criminals aren’t going to use me to get to Superman.”

She's right Clark....

“I love you too, Lois.” He stepped towards the open window. “You’re not ‘just a girl’, you’re an amazing woman.”

“Well, you’re not ‘just a boy’ either, but you needed to see past that.”

He laughed in response. “Goodnight, Lois. I’ll see you in the morning.”

She closed the window behind him and sleepily made her way to the bathroom. Falling into bed she sighed in relief. The last twenty-four hours had been a nightmare she’d rather forget and never relive.

Toomis, this is a great story and one that the writers should have done. Thanks. Got any more like this up your sleeve? smile

Last edited by Morgana; 02/20/21 05:56 PM. Reason: edits

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I think that's the first fanfic I ever read where Star playes a major part - or any part at all. I think most people don't like her. Personally, I think she is the best aspect of the episode Contact. In my opinion you have portrayed her quite well. Thank you!

The declaration of love from Nottinghill was the first that came to my mind as well. It fit well with Lois and Clark. Thank you for such a great story!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Hello Toomi8,

What a super debut here. :-) The “just a girl” line sounded familiar, but I couldn’t place it. A quick online search revealed it to be from a movie that I had watched once and enjoyed many years ago, when it first came out. Thanks for the reminder.

I’m looking forward to seeing more fanfic from you in the future. (Hint, hint. wink )

Be well,
Lynn
Thanks! smile1

Hint taken! wink

Originally Posted by cuidadora
Hi Toomi8! wave

Welcome! I think this makes you the first new author for 2021.

WOW! Lynn beat me to it, but it is a super debut!!! This is how that episode should have ended. What a great story for Valentine's Week. love

I'm also looking forward to reading more stories from you.

wave Hi!

Awesome! Do you often get newer authors here? I'm quite delighted to find an online group that's still active!

Originally Posted by Morgana
Hello Toomi8! Welcome to the boards! hyper

Star is not one of my favorites, but it is nice to see her taking a (hyper)active role in helping Lois get through a breakup.

Hi! I found her really annoying, but fun to write!

Toomis, this is a great story and one that the writers should have done. Thanks. Got any more like this up your sleeve? smile

I have more.... I have two that are posted elsewhere that I think I'll post here. Plus two more I'm writing. One of those is turning out to be much longer than I anticipated so not sure if I should start posting chapters as I go, or wait...

Originally Posted by bakasi
I think that's the first fanfic I ever read where Star playes a major part - or any part at all. I think most people don't like her. Personally, I think she is the best aspect of the episode Contact. In my opinion you have portrayed her quite well. Thank you!

The declaration of love from Nottinghill was the first that came to my mind as well. It fit well with Lois and Clark. Thank you for such a great story!

Star has some odd moments. She seemed to be friendly, somewhat normal, and useful in this episode. She was a fun character to write, but one I may not be jumping to write again soon!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Toomi8!

What a way to debut on the boards! Great fic! Love the hyperactive addition of Star...it's been a while since I've seen her pop up in a fic, so it was nice to reconnect with her, as it were. Thanks for sharing and please give us more!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
This was a wonderful little story! Lois’ emotions hit just right, and we got a much better and sooner resolution the the Contact breakup! Yay! smile

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I have to say, I always enjoy the 'let's do this with a little more maturity' fics, and this one definitely qualifies! Thanks for posting it!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Hi Toomi!

Let’s see what sort of Kintsugi will be attempted smile1
/reads/
Ah yes, the one where the break is sealed with gold-glue.

Now she was angry and wanted the chance to give Clark a piece of her mind.
So, Clark has left a heartbroken, angry, and hurt fiancée behind. Isn’t that how vengeance demons are created?
[Linked Image]

before remembering that she only wore a silk nightie. That wouldn’t do!
It could serve to change Clark’s mind.

Maybe she’d wait a bit, make sure she wasn’t going to knock on his door and throw up all over him.
Well, it would certainly communicate clearly what she is thinking and feeling right now about him. Maybe eat some pea soup?

A sharp knock on her door startled her awake. How long had she been sleeping?
That bump, her nausea, etc. What if she’s concussed. What if the hospital sends her home and tells her fiancé to keep her awake or she has to stay at the hospital?

I’m glad Superman stopped by and apologized to you, especially as he wasn’t there to stop you from being hurt!”
Ouch.

but I’ve got a client coming over shortly. A live one,” Star clarified at Lois’s dubious look.
laugh

I’m just downstairs if you need me.”
Just hurl (sic) out the window if you need something.

which would explain his abrupt exit, and Lois turned the volume down. There would be no point going over to Clark’s now if he wasn’t going to be home.
Uh-huh. Other rescue. Right.

What was next on the severing ties block? Their friendship?
He could decide to build her a tower in his arctic crystal palace and lock her in there on the top floor.

when suddenly the door opened and she fell backwards. He caught her before her head hit the ground.
That would have been awkward.

“But Lois, don’t you think you’ve been reckless? Always assuming Superman is going to come to your rescue?”
No, she never assumed that and still doesn’t know how she survived before he first showed up on the rescue scene.

anymore than I would want you to change who you are for me.”
But she does! And she certainly did not make the same concession with Lex. Him, she wanted to change. No more kidnappings. No more blackmail. No more murder. No more insurance fraud. No more slave labor. No more pillow slaves. No more concubines. The list goes on.

“Right now, I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.”
“Right now, I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to let her be on top.” devil

“You can’t keep me in a safety deposit box, Clark.
There’s been several episodes with Lois ending up in a box or plans for putting Lois in a box.

I’ll do both with or without you, but I’d rather you were with me.”
Its safer that way.

“I love you, Clark. Why don’t we go back to that? No marriage talk, no planning the future, just you and I.”
So… living in sin? What does the landlord say about this?

The last twenty-four hours had been a nightmare she’d rather forget and never relive.
No worries. I’m sure the Clone ARGH will make her forget this little intermezzo in a heartbeat.

Thanks for enteraining!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard