Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#28245 03/05/06 07:48 AM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Let me know what you think! (This makes three vignettes in two days. I'm sort of pleased.)

#28246 03/05/06 08:01 AM
Kerth
Kerth
You know... that would be embarrasing... smile

Jose

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#28247 03/05/06 08:14 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Aww! That was cute. I would be entirely embarrassed if something like that happened to me. Poor kid!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#28248 03/05/06 08:42 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hah! There were things here that I absolutely loved! This, for example:
I've started to come into powers of my own, and it still horrifies me a little that I've started being able to see what my father does when he spins into his suit.

It's an image I've been trying to get out of my mind for a while now, though it seems to be indelibly burned into my retina.
Ouch! Squirm! Shudder! The pictures you put into my mind with this, Shayne! eek

And involutarily X-raying the pensioners at a nursing home could easily be traumatic for a young kid too, even though we ought to learn and accept that the perfect bodies we see on TV all the time are in no way the norm of what human bodies usually look like, and we should view each other's bodies with more tolerance and acceptance (insert stern schoolteacher look here....)

But.... Hey! Being in love with a girl, and seeing that this girl has a portrait of one's own father hanging on her wall.... Well, that would be enough to give anybody and everybody an inferiority complex! Poor, poor boy!

But I love the way this vignette ends. Superman's son has so many reasons to be embarrassed. But his parents have given him a most wonderful gift, too: the example of their own lives, and, from that, the reason to hope:
Maybe I lied a little about her being my girlfriend. She's just my study partner. But if I've learned anything from my parents, it's that things can change if you work hard enough.

If I have to put up with a little humiliation on the way, well, so be it.
Ah, Shayne. Lovely! And you've written three vignettes in two days. Wow, that's fantastic!
thumbsup clap

Ann

#28249 03/05/06 08:55 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL, Shayne, what the heck are you feeding that Muse? goofy

This one is very cute and funny - and I love the ending with that little nugget of something blossoming.

Perfect.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#28250 03/05/06 10:14 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Cute! smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#28251 03/05/06 03:02 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ooh. When you started storming last night, I wasn't sure what would come of it (other than my giggles). But you've written a wonderful piece! I love the inferiority complex that the kid has ... and yet, he still has hope because of the example. This is great!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#28252 03/05/06 10:11 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wow, Shayne! smile1

This is another great vignette. thumbsup

Congratulations on another excellent vignette. smile I enjoyed it immensely.

Tricia cool

#28253 03/05/06 10:15 PM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Very nice story, Shayne! Well done!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#28254 03/06/06 03:41 PM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Very cute Shayne!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#28255 03/08/06 12:24 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Loved how you took us from funny (father in underwear) to embarrassing (his girlfriend fantasizing about his father) to sweet (waiting for a possible romance just like they did).

Also liked the part about Lois being not super, but hard to live up too as well.

It's tough being a kid!

**~~**

Swoosh --->

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard