Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ShayneT Comments: Crush - 03/05/06 11:48 AM
Let me know what you think! (This makes three vignettes in two days. I'm sort of pleased.)
Posted By: daneel Re: Comments: Crush - 03/05/06 12:01 PM
You know... that would be embarrasing... smile

Jose
Posted By: Catherine Bruce Re: Comments: Crush - 03/05/06 12:14 PM
Aww! That was cute. I would be entirely embarrassed if something like that happened to me. Poor kid!
Posted By: TOC Re: Comments: Crush - 03/05/06 12:42 PM
Hah! There were things here that I absolutely loved! This, for example:
I've started to come into powers of my own, and it still horrifies me a little that I've started being able to see what my father does when he spins into his suit.

It's an image I've been trying to get out of my mind for a while now, though it seems to be indelibly burned into my retina.
Ouch! Squirm! Shudder! The pictures you put into my mind with this, Shayne! eek

And involutarily X-raying the pensioners at a nursing home could easily be traumatic for a young kid too, even though we ought to learn and accept that the perfect bodies we see on TV all the time are in no way the norm of what human bodies usually look like, and we should view each other's bodies with more tolerance and acceptance (insert stern schoolteacher look here....)

But.... Hey! Being in love with a girl, and seeing that this girl has a portrait of one's own father hanging on her wall.... Well, that would be enough to give anybody and everybody an inferiority complex! Poor, poor boy!

But I love the way this vignette ends. Superman's son has so many reasons to be embarrassed. But his parents have given him a most wonderful gift, too: the example of their own lives, and, from that, the reason to hope:
Maybe I lied a little about her being my girlfriend. She's just my study partner. But if I've learned anything from my parents, it's that things can change if you work hard enough.

If I have to put up with a little humiliation on the way, well, so be it.
Ah, Shayne. Lovely! And you've written three vignettes in two days. Wow, that's fantastic!
thumbsup clap

Ann
Posted By: LabRat Re: Comments: Crush - 03/05/06 12:55 PM
LOL, Shayne, what the heck are you feeding that Muse? goofy

This one is very cute and funny - and I love the ending with that little nugget of something blossoming.

Perfect.

LabRat smile
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: Comments: Crush - 03/05/06 02:14 PM
Hi,

Cute! smile1
Posted By: Karen Re: Comments: Crush - 03/05/06 07:02 PM
Ooh. When you started storming last night, I wasn't sure what would come of it (other than my giggles). But you've written a wonderful piece! I love the inferiority complex that the kid has ... and yet, he still has hope because of the example. This is great!
Posted By: TriciaW Re: Comments: Crush - 03/06/06 02:11 AM
Wow, Shayne! smile1

This is another great vignette. thumbsup

Congratulations on another excellent vignette. smile I enjoyed it immensely.

Tricia cool
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Comments: Crush - 03/06/06 02:15 AM
Very nice story, Shayne! Well done!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile
Posted By: jackiek Re: Comments: Crush - 03/06/06 07:41 PM
Very cute Shayne!

Jackie
Posted By: Capes Re: Comments: Crush - 03/08/06 04:24 PM
Loved how you took us from funny (father in underwear) to embarrassing (his girlfriend fantasizing about his father) to sweet (waiting for a possible romance just like they did).

Also liked the part about Lois being not super, but hard to live up too as well.

It's tough being a kid!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards