Next Thread
Print Thread
#2823 06/08/03 08:23 AM
Hazel Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Well, no one can complain about a lack of A-plot in this section. goofy

Nice little foreshadowing with the Ras, although Nor's mom was a no-brainer. wink I like the reasonable explanation you gave for Jor-El to not only send his son away from the others, but also to break a long-held taboo in specifically choosing Earth. At the same time, though, you didn't address the question of how Jor-El could hope that the infant would be found by people and not, say, a hungry fox or something. dizzy

Since we're moving away from the politics and machinations of NK and moving into the NK arc proper, I'm still along for the ride. Great background story, Rac, and I'm looking forward to MORE! smile

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
#2824 06/08/03 11:11 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#2825 06/08/03 11:50 AM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Powerful stuff. You came up with some very sound reasoning to explain the holes the L&C writers had in the whole NK arc. I like the fact that Jor El and Lara loved their son enough to not saddle him with the leadership of his people, but rather letting him find his own path. Quite the opposite for Lois (doctor) and Zara (world leader), Kal El's two intendeds.

Interesting take on making Earth the origin of the Kryptonians, too.

Looking forward to more. As speculated above, I wonder if Clark is married to Lois at this point?

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#2826 06/09/03 12:42 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Rac

WOW! An excellent part! thumbsup
You did a superb job portraying Jor El and Lara's pain.

I can't wait to see how this develops.
Please post the next part soon.

Tricia cool

#2827 06/09/03 03:11 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I could have sworn I posted feedback on this already. I must be seeing things. whinging

Keep posting!
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#2828 06/09/03 04:52 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow what they said. I also like the way you fixed the holes in the plot. Grat job. I just started to read this. It was hard for me to get into it until I saw that you moved forward 30 years to our Clarks time now. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#2829 06/09/03 12:13 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Intriguing plot developments. Like the others I find your logic and reasoning works well to get our players in their proper positions. The whole idea of New Kryptonians never worked for me given the 'last survivor of a dead planet' origin that was so familiar to all.

Rac, it's pretty brave to be using the NK arc as the foundation for your story. It's not exactly a very popular segment for most Folcs. I look forward to seeing where you take this.

Tank (who is glorying in 'writing' this response)

#2830 06/09/03 11:06 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another well-developed segment, Rac, which kept even me - who isn't usually that interested in the NK history or the Jor-El/Lara characters - absorbed.

And now...the games begin. <g> Let's hope there's none of that nasty emotional blackmail stuff when Zara gets to Earth, this time around and she holds true to her word.

Looking forward to seeing you continue to fix this arc. wink

BTW, did I mention how much I hate Rae Et? mad

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#2831 06/12/03 10:25 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Rac
another great part
ditto others
more soon please
merry

#2832 06/12/03 06:43 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, the identity of Nor's mom may have been a no-brainer, as Hazel said, but I have to admit that I was clueless. Of course, once I was hit on the head with it it made perfect sense...

Did you know that I really loathe Rae Et too? mad

Another great part. Everything was tied together very neatly, and as others have said your explanation fills in some of the gaping holes in the NK plotline as seen on the show. I'm eager to see what happens next, at what stage L&C are in their relationship - are we joining the show in progress, or will we see a "different" L&C as well...? smile

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#2833 06/13/03 02:11 PM
R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
Thanks for your comments, everyone!

Hazel, I know you said you weren't really a big fan of the Kryptonian politics and all of that, so I'm very glad to hear that you're still reading and not finding it too terribly boring.

Thanks, Maria. As for your questions, the NK arc took place in May of 1996, so Clark should have been 30 years old according to the show's canon. May 1966 is when the Kents found Clark in Shuster's field and I believe the show had his birthday as Feb. 28th, 1966, though how anyone figured that out is beyond me. I'll assume they just guessed how old he was and figured out a proper birthday for him. Of course, my timeline doesn't match it perfectly, but if you saw the baby they used in the episode in which Lois and Clark travel back in time to rescue baby Clark you'd know that there was no way that baby was four months old wink

Hi me, glad you're enjoying it. As for the timeline, I'm not planning on breaking from Lois and Clark's actual story until the New Kryptonians arrive on Earth, so no, not married yet.

Hi Tricia, thanks for the kind words. The next post is going up in a few minutes, so no need to wait any longer.

Glad you liked the backstory, Jen. I figured that if I was going to keep people interested in the pre-LnC part of the story, I'd need to cook up some pretty good intrigue and some extreme circumstances even on top of the whole planet blowing up thing.

Thanks, Tank. I know that this arc isn't particularly popular, but that just makes it a fun challenge. Here's to hoping I don't screw it up goofy

Wait, you don't like my villain, Rat? But villains are so much fun! And villains getting their comeuppance is even better...

Thanks, Merry. More is on the way.

Thanks, Kathy. I'd hate Rae Et, too, but she's just so darn fun to write. It's like getting to write a female version of Lex Luthor, and one that actually likes her offspring. It's a doting, matriarchal Lex Luthor. Heh, now that's a mental image. To answer your question, we will now join LnC in progress.

Thanks again, everyone!

Rac

#2834 06/15/03 04:50 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wait, you don't like my villain, Rat? But villains are so much fun! And villains getting their comeuppance is even better...
She's definitely in the love to hate category, Rac. wink And I'll keep you to that promise on that comeuppance. <G>

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard