Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This is so sweet and lovely. Clark is feeling so extremely low. He hears that it is Lois who is coming, but
if not for her whispered, fervent plea, he wouldn't have answered.
But from this nadir, things soon turn very sweet. These two people are meant to be so very close. And just look at this:
Lois looked down at her shoes, unable to meet the intensity, the unexpected intimacy of his stare.
The intimacy - yes, indeed. When Lois tells him that she will never reveal his secret he is so relieved - not because he ever thought she would do that, but because he feared she was bringing him bad news about their relationship. When that is not the case, Clark starts touching her:
he gently placed his hands on Lois' shoulders.
He reached out and cradled her cheek in his hand.
A tear slipped down Lois' cheek, and Clark tenderly brushed it away with his thumb.
And now Lois responds:

But she could only nod before she stepped forward, wrapping her arms around Clark's neck.

He pulled her closer.
"I trust you," Clark whispered fiercely, his lips close to her ear.
Lois was trembling. She closed her eyes and rested her forehead against his collarbone, still gripping his shoulders.
He placed a kiss on the top of her head.
Well, that was about as far as we got between Lois and Clark here, intimacy-wise. But really, it was so sweet, and it was just a prequel! I'm looking forward to a lot more love and WAFFiness in you upcoming story!

Ann

L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Your story flows so lyrically. I really enjoy your writing style and your plot development.

Excellent story, and now I look forward to 'endearment'.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm enjoying where this is going. Keep it coming. cat

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thank you, Ann, I couldn't give better FDK! You already said it all. clap

Lovely and poignant and WAFFy. Keep posting, Editor!

Ursie

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Sound interesting! thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
First off, Ann, you completely spoil me with such in-depth FDK! Thank you so much -- and you're right, I think we're venturing into WAFFy territory. Maybe my Lois and Clark deserve it, after getting through "Estrangement" (relatively) unscathed!

Also:
Your story flows so lyrically. I really enjoy your writing style and your plot development.
Lovely and poignant and WAFFy.
Thank you so much, L and Ursie! The compliments I've gotten on my writing have just left me stunned!

And, Sheila and Maria, don't worry -- I'll keep posting. smile Thank you all for reading, and for your comments!

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard