K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Yay! Paul fic! laugh

Steph sighed, her hand pressed to her forehead. "I know, I know. But he's sick. He can't do it this time."

Next to Paul, Timmy had been taking notes. There were papers scattered in front of him, including three different notepads, a copy of the script for the day, an outline of the story arc, and some bits and pieces of another planned story. "Don't worry," he said without looking up from his scribblings, "I'll figure something out."

"Thanks, Timmy," Paul said, relieved. "Let me know what you come up with."
Hee... Is that going to be the "What am I, a beverage?" scene? goofy

"His major concern right now is the Enforcer. The mock-up of the cockpit is moving along, but we're still working with the computer guys on the rest."

"I see," Paul said, making a note of his own. "Well, we have time on that. What's going on with Gotham?"
/me raises an eyebrow... hrm... wonder what they're up to...

"There were a dozen of them made over the course of the show," Timmy said, as he jotted something down on one of his notepads. "A couple were sold to collectors and such, but most of them are on tour around the country."
Oh! Wait... no, it can't be the Tim and Amber Lake collection. You said through WWW. Hmmm

/me goes back to scratching her head

"I was going to ask if we could start shooting some of the later scenes first, since I'm rewriting the beginning, but I just realized there are no later scenes now."
Uh oh...

They only spoke of such things when they were sure they were out of earshot. At least, they thought they were out of earshot.
LOL!

"For some reason, I've had the old west on my mind this week." He couldn't tell her that the strange dreams he'd been having had started shortly after his exposure to Red Kryptonite had weakened his mental defenses. Even with that, he wasn't sure where the dreams had come from. Last night, he'd dreamed that Jesse James had tried to rob his parents, only it was 1966, his parents were a young couple, and Clark had been a baby. It had been very disorienting.
LOL!! goofy

"Other plans?" Martha repeated, interest clear in her voice. "For dinner? Tonight?"

"Yeah," Clark replied happily.

"With Lois?"

"Yeah."

"Didn't you two go out last night?"
You know, I can just hear Clark's dreamy sigh and Martha's knowing grin (because you can hear grins. Really, you can wink ). And I *love* the "With Lois?" "Yeah." part because... I can't say why; it just sounds *right*.

For the first time in what had felt like far too long, he'd focused entirely on his immediate surroundings. That, he'd found, had been something he'd needed to do more than he'd realized, and his company for the evening had made it an eminently enjoyable experience.
Awwww! smile

Clark tuned the rest of the conversation out and sat back to think. A mysterious secret military project run by people who might have an eye out Superman... that did not sound good, and with so little to go on, he and Lois were going to have their work cut out for them.
Wait! I was just getting into this! frown

(Not to mention finally figuring out what was going on... but I guess too much chemistry and algebra can fry one's brain. dizzy Had I read the promo and intro correctly... :rolleyes: )

BUT! The important part is that I get to be smug because I've got the rest of the file! devil

Sara (off to read more wink )

Edited to include part no. in header.

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Well... I'm intruiged. wink

This really is great so far, Paul. I'm loving the new spin on things. The telling of a story about the telling of a story. Really fresh. smile

You've managed to grab my attention on both aspects of the story. The "production" side, and the more traditional story side. I can't wait to read more.

And... why is it I keep getting the impression that Timmy should be locked in an attic somewhere with a pen and notepad instead of in a meeting. <g>

Dave

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, Paul, I'll tell you this. The whole production staff meeting and things were nice, but as far as I'm concerned, give me good Lois and Clark vibes any time. And you did! Yay! I loved how you showed us that Lois and Clark were touching and almost cuddling while still remaining acceptably professional at work. laugh

You bet I'm eagerly looking forward to the rest of this! Only I really hope you won't mess up things between Lois and Clark just because this is Season Two or something and therefore too soon for any really serious developments between our two favorite reporters - you know how unimpressed I am with that sort of argument. (I know, I know - others buy that line of reasoning totally... goofy

All in all, Paul, great job! This looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship... eh, like the beginning of a really fun and memorable story!!! thumbsup

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You finally started posting this!!! WOOT!!

clap

This is great stuff, Paul! More!!! hail

~β€’~
Kerth
Kerth
This was great! I was really draw in to the story. The description of how Clark and Lois created an intimate space for themselves was very vivid and really brought me back to season two. Looking forward to Sunday!
Susan

P.S.
Sara (off to read more )
You big cheater!!! wink

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Love the fresh angle, Paul. Very promising start!

Looking forward to more smile

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, wow. Interesting! And so glad that you're doing this, Paul. CAn't wait to see what happens next. I really like the production views.. poor Timmy! laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey Paul this is pretty good. I like it! More soon. LAura

Clark: β€œIf we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Paul

What a great idea! Very original! smile1

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nifty start! And a big awwwwwww for some season two stuff. I love it when they date.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Woo-hoo! Comments! Thanks, everyone! smile

Glad to hear it works for you guys. I was a little worried that too many people would get confused (heck, by the time I finished writing it, even I was a little confused by exactly how things worked...).

Now, the comments response is going to be unusual. I may be a little sparse here. It's not because I don't appreciate what you have to say -- quite the contrary -- it's just... Well, we'll get to that later.

Meantime, I want to say a couple of things. First off, the parts are pretty short. Sorry about that, but it was the best I could do without making things feel too much like filler. To make up for it, I'll be posting three times a week -- Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday.

The story is all written (well, except for the last-minute bits), so there shouldn't be any problem keeping to the schedule.

As for where things are going (particularly with the romance angle), all I can do is point out certain key phrases: "lost episode" and "between Individual Responsibilty and Whine, Whine, Whine."

Anyway, thanks for all the FDK! It's great to see that you're reading and enjoying, and very gratifying to see the excitement. smile

I hope the rest of the story will live up to expectations.

Part Two , coming right up...

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Columnist
Columnist
Whoops! Hehe, I almost missed this one. Sorry, Paul! I'm a bit lazy right now. And distracted by some other crap. I forgot all about this one, I'm glad your back to finishing it. WOO HOO! And I know, I'm going to love it. /me continues onto part 2...look for more fdk.

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard