Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Nice to see this back, Cindy - sorry that I didn't have time to post on part 1 at the time, though.

You have a really nice handle on nextgen fics, and it seems to be getting better all the time. I'm normally not much of a fan of nextgen, though I do find adult kids easier than kid kids. wink But what makes this so different and interesting is that your adult Kent kids have distinct personalities of their own; in no way are they carbon copies of either Lois or Clark or some sort of combination, and that's nice. I like the way CJ is handling this situation, for instance: so different from Clark's panicky running away in TOGOM. goofy Absolutely inspirational idea, too, to give one of Clark's kids a TOGOM-style situation.

Your entire family dynamic is also well-handled, and I know that can't be easy to do with so many characters.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what Bruce has in mind for CJ (though I already have a guess wink ), and the story Diane's just given Jon is intriguing too. Keep this coming!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Kerth
Kerth
Okay - I'd love to see how Bruce handles this one - he's certainly got the technical skills and contacts to create a new identity, whether he can do so and make it one that suits CJ is another matter, of course.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Cindy, I love this story! I'm so glad to have another part (please don't make the wait for part 3 too long!!)

I love how you describe certain elements of this sticky situation...

In tragedies like this, reporters tended to pick out the names of those that might have even minor celebrity status, and CJ’s name fit the bill, even at papers other than those in Metropolis. He had been the son of fairly well-known, award-winning reporters. He had also been a four-year letter winner on a major, successful, college football program, landing his obituary on more than a few sports pages throughout the country. The Daily Planet had a nice sidebar on their personal connection to CJ, written by Jimmy and a few other reporters that had known the Kent family for a long time. The coverage didn’t bother Jon, honestly. He was just glad that he hadn’t been asked to participate in any of it.
I love the way you paint this picture, on dealing with his own obituary. He seems removed, but there is an undertone in your writing that suggests to me that he finds this a little uncomfortable, which is really understandable. thumbsup

Now seriously, how will Bruce handle this one?? What's ahead for Jon, Jenny... and just the whole Kent clan?? Come back please!!! smile smile

~NICOLE

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Cindy

I've just read the first two parts. smile They're excellent. smile1

Tricia cool

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Thanks everyone for your comments.

But what makes this so different and interesting is that your adult Kent kids have distinct personalities of their own; in no way are they carbon copies of either Lois or Clark or some sort of combination, and that's nice.
I think the reason I keep adding onto this next gen series is that I like the characters so much. They are a lot of fun to write, and would probably be a lot of fun to hang out with.

I love the way you paint this picture, on dealing with his own obituary.
I appreciate that. Writing is a lot more interesting when it has some texture, and I think setting mood (without overdoing it) is very important.

I can't wait to see what Bruce has in mind.
I probably could've been a little more clever with the title on this one. goofy Some parts of the coming story have been hinted at, even aside from the title, but hopefully the A plot will keep you on your toes.

Thanks for reading, and please keep an eye out for future postings. We have a ways to go before we're done.

-Cindy

To thine own self be true.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard