Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
Hey there,

You're doing an excellent job with this story. Nice writing and the flow of dialogue and emotions is just... fabulous.

Keep up the good work!
Anna smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow, this is really, really good. A paragraph like this just speaks volumes:
Then she heard Clark clear his throat. The pages of his copy of the Daily Planet rustled as he turned them. She heard the clink of his coffee mug against his desk as he set it down. Twice.
Talk about putting together a paragraph so that we, as readers, become every bit as painfully aware of every little movement that Clark makes as Lois is! Wonderfully done, editor! And that "Twice" just did it. Of course Lois had to talk to him. But... groan, you know? Clark hears a cry for help, so he has to run away and be Superman. And of course he can't tell Lois that he is Superman, because... well, because, you know? Because because. Because he can't, can he? Surely the sky would fall down on all of us if he told her, wouldn't it? And for all his powers, Clark can't hold up the entire sky if it starts falling, can he?

Ah, Clark! Of course you can't blurt it out all over the newsroom. But how about telling her, "Lois, I have to go, and right now I can't tell you why, but come to my apartment at seven thirty tonight, and I'll tell you all about it."?

So what do you think, Clark? Is Lois important to you? If she is, then maybe there is something you ought to tell her. Anyway, I'm an amateur astronomer, and in my opinion, the sky is unlikely to fall even if you do tell her. C'mon! Show Lois that you dare to enter the "I'll tell you stuff if you tell me stuff" game, won't you?

And Lois. Whatever inferiority complex you may be suffering from, surely you can't believe that Clark is too good for you if he keeps running away from you like this and hasn't even the guts to tell you why, can you?

Editor, please help these two lost children find their way again, and set them on the path to love! hail

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Holy cow. That last line got me *right there*. The angst is delicious, keep it coming. smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
This is an awesome flow of emotions. I'm so glad that there is more to the story. Keep it coming! cat

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Kerth
Kerth
Yeah! Our badgering worked! smile1 Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good for you, Kent, she thought sadly. You're the smarter one — I only wish I had the strength to walk away from you, too.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO he's not really walking away from you!!!! Oh my god, I had to get that out of my system. Everyone else is asleep right now, so I can't scream at the computer.

Ugh, this is so painful. Which is why I can't wait for the next part. I'm such an angst masochist.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
This is an excellent story so far. I loved the scene between Clark and his mother. I always adored the way they portrayed Martha and Jonathon Kent in L&C for this very reason...supportive, loving, but always able to see through Clark's words when he was in pain. Excellent stuff! More soon!

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay more! I am glad you are continuing. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
I'm so happy you decided to keep going with this story. Can't wait for more.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for posting! Can't help but love this story. Post again soon!!!! hyper hyper

Merriwether
Merriwether
I always adored the way they portrayed Martha and Jonathon Kent in L&C for this very reason...supportive, loving, but always able to see through Clark's words when he was in pain.
I couldn't have said it better. That was one of my favourite parts.

UGH! Clark!! What a great job at developing the angst! YeeHAW! Why couldn't he just grabbed her hand and headed towards the call? "Lois come with me and you'll see why I am not perfect. . . I have been holding a secret from you. . . " What a lunkhead.

Oh great torture for not being the above!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard