Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Okay, I didn't have a chance to post on part 15, so I'll yell at you twice as much here to cover for that (And I can yell at you in the title too). <g>

Griffin laughed again. And then a gunshot rang out.
This is not a nice place to stop. Seriously, you should never do this again. (Unless you want to send me the next part. You have my email address. I won't tell. Then you can cliffhang everything and I won't mind. <g>)

Dead.

Without telling them what he’d given Lois.
What????????????????????????? You get back here this second, Wendy M(something) Richards!!
wildguy wildguy wildguy What do you mean, dead??? You were so disappointed by the fact that you're not allowed to let Lois die that you just had to kill someone anyway? And to make it the cherry of this ice-cream-story, now Lois and Clark are going to die of grief.

Every time I read a line like this, I wonder why I still read your fic when you post it. I go insane every time. But I still come back. See what hold you've got on your readers?

Clark reached inside his cape, producing a handkerchief. Lois blinked. Just where did he keep things like that?
LOL, yes, I've wondered that too. <g>

“A vial.”
Hope!!!!!!!!!

She was going to live.
But, you know, I'm reading this section... and I can just feel you doing something evil again. I just have a bad feeling about this. She's going to disappear or something, isn't she?

Revenge... this guy messed with a friend of his...
Dear God, Luthor sent him, didn't he. You are a fan of irony, I see.

The lean figure of Inspector Henderson strolled in from the balcony. “Yes, I have. Lex Luthor, I’m arresting you for procuring a murder and attempting to conceal a crime.”
Har! Luthor is not even the villain in this story but I love you for bringing his arrest into the story like this. Genius. <g>

Great part, Wendy. smile smile smile smile She's going to be cured!! Yay!! She will be, right? This is the vial... please don't put in any more twists, I don't think I'll live through them. grovel

Can I reqest a long and proper smoochie for the next part? <g>

Julie smile smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, wow. I agree with Lois, I hoping this isn't false hope. Please oh please... of course, we're getting closer to the end, but that doesn't mean a whole lot.

And wheeee, Henderson is taking Lex in. Granted, he's a slippery eel, he probably won't be there for long, but Henderson did hear the whole thing. Hmm..

Can't wait for the next part! jump

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lois, who was going to live after all, now that they’d found Griffin’s vial.
Right. Pigs are flying outside my window.

That she did neither was yet another sign - as if it was needed - of how sick she was feeling.
Poor thing.

vacation
Way to jump the gun there, people. You have way too many parts left for a vacation.

Superman did not roll his eyes. Clark stopped himself just in time.
LOL

“What?” Luthor paled.
Way to screw it up, Luthor.

Lex Luthor, I’m arresting you for procuring a murder and attempting to conceal a crime.”
Yeah, Bill! Yeah, Superman!

I knew Lex had to have done SOMETHING wrong in this story, somewhere.

Great part, Wendy. Are you sure you want to wait another 2 days to post more, huh? goofy

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Top Banana
Top Banana
YES! party

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
The angst level here is unbearable. And there will be *five* more installments? Unless something crazy happens, hmmm? Tell you what, Wendy. You pull this off, end it happily, and this will be one of the absolutely best LC stories I have ever read. But if you kill Lois in the end, you'd better duck for tomatoes!!!! peep

Ann

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Wow Wendy! A lot was going on in this nice, long section.

Relief - the relief that had been swelling inside him ever since Henderson had agreed with him that Edwin Griffin could be their man - died a cold, instant death. And in its place he was left with the same tearing despair he’d lived with ever since Dr Sutton had told him about the injection. The poison.
Lines like this are so vivid, and the character’s feelings are so well described that it make you almost ache because of it. The angst is so strong in this section. Wendy, I see you are well deserving of your avatar image.

Just as Lois would die, within hours.
See above comment. The hope that things will work out is fading away just as they believe Lois is fading away.

Someone had hired him... someone who wanted revenge for something done to a friend... It couldn’t be, surely?
My first thought was wondering why would Luthor do something like this. It just doesn’t make any sense. But Luthor's response later makes it much clearer.

The bleakness in them told her that she knew as well as he did that there was no hope. Griffin had been their last chance, and he was dead.
frown This so sad. Lois has been trying so hard the entire time to keep fighting. When it looks like she is giving up, Clark is there to support her.

If he had to turn this place - and Griffin’s home - upside down, he would do it. There had to be something. A clue. Some tiny, insignificant piece of information that would tell them what she’d been poisoned with. And he was going to find it. Had to find it.
All right. Clark seems to rouse himself out of the depression that threatened to overwhelm him. Lois is still alive and there still is hope.

“A vial.” He raised his head and turned to look at her. Excitement glowed from his face. “This could be it, Lois! Why else would a toymaker have a vial? It had to have had the poison in it.”
Is this the answer? Could it maybe, possibly, be the solution we are all hoping for? I sincerely hope so, but I won’t make any big pronouncements just yet.

“And so you caused his death. And probably made sure of Lois’s.” Clark looked at Luthor again, a hard stare of utter contempt, before turning towards the balcony in response to the sound he’d just heard. “Heard enough, Inspector?”

The lean figure of Inspector Henderson strolled in from the balcony. “Yes, I have. Lex Luthor, I’m arresting you for procuring a murder and attempting to conceal a crime.”
I have to say, I really enjoyed that line. I would love to see the look on poor Lex’s face right when Henderson put him under arrest.

As always Wendy, loved the whole part and can’t wait for more!

-Em

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yet another excellent segment, Wendy. I must say, you truly do take my breath away with your writing. I was sitting in front of my computer exclaiming "No. No. No. No." over and over in the first section of this installment. I enjoy your Henderson more and more with every scene. Love how they're both still trying to be strong for one another. These two definitely need to go on that vacation once Lois gets better. wink

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I'm not sure why, but something doesn't sit right with me and the vial. It's too easy. It's too cliche. *Sigh* Wendy, are you toying with us again?

But seriously, it was a great installment. I was impressed especially with Clark taking Henderson to Luthor's place. I've always wondered why Clark never did that in the first place during the show . . . ?

Poor Lois. How much y'all wanna bet she's going to go missing soon? sad I can just see it now: Clark returns with the antidote, and she's gone. It would (again) be the winner of the cliffhanger award.

Wendy, leave these poor characters alone. You've tortured them enough for one story. (Or just give us all some relief with a little WAFF, ok? blush ) Hehe.

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~Dr. Seuss
Kerth
Kerth
Another exciting part! I don't believe for one second that vial will contain traces of the poison...there are far too many parts left for a solution to have been found. I suspect another red herring. I love Lex's arrest (go Bill!), but "Lex Luthor will not live in a cage!" I don't think we've heard the end from him, either. thumbsup Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! So something good came out of this tortuous ordeal, huh? Let's see how Luthor sticks this out. razz

I won't be optimistic until the final part. I, like Lois have had too many hopes dashed at the hands of... you know who wink

cool wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Columnist
Columnist
I want to stay positive and pretend that the vial will hold all the answers. I mean, six hours is not enough time to have to look for another clue, right??? But with five more parts to go, anything could happen.

I, too, love this Henderson. I bet he's loving arresting Luther. Though, I don't see that lasting very long.

One question though, why is everyone worrying that Lois might disappear? confused I feel really dumb asking. I must have missed something, but I have no idea what.

Wendy, now that your other story is done and posted, you have plenty of time to post more of this. Come on...you know you want to... wink

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There's still five more parts?! I may have a breakdown of some kind by the end. goofy My world already turned upside down when Griffin was murdered.

Meanwhile...
Lex Luthor, I’m arresting you for procuring a murder and attempting to conceal a crime.”
YES! That was awesome.
Looking forward to the next part!
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh, you got Luthor arrested! Well done. In one fell stroke you incriminated a really evil person goofy

PJ
who thinks things are going to keep getting worse until near the end of part 20...

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Kerth
Kerth
LOL! hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, they have all said it above me. This was great Wendy. I love how the relationship is progressing despite the chaos going on around them. Good job! I am looking forward to more soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I get actual knots in my stomach when I read this story. Why would you torture me (and many others, clearly) this way? Why, Wendy, why?!? This part had me completely on edge - Our only lead! DEAD!?!? goofy

More soooooooon!!!

~NICOLE smile

Columnist
Columnist
Have I stated recently how much I LOVE Inspector Henderson? I thought he was woefully underused in the series, and here you are fleshing him out and making him just so darn fun!

This part was fantastic as usual....PLEASE post more soon!

hyper

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

More ASAP, please.

MAF clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Columnist
Columnist
Better yet, let them find a package delivered to Lois at the Planet reading "Your Antidote, Ms. Lane. Ha! Love, The Prankster." That would be a fun twist!
Just watch this be the answer. It is a Griffin behind it after all. "Just let them have the day from hell. The ultimate prank! That'll teach them to mess with me. evil " But I believe that would be too anticlimatic after all this angst.

Ok, Wendy. We need to know. Is the vial the answer or do we have to fret for a few more parts? Please. Drop us a few crumbs. grovel

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lois, who was going to live after all, now that they’d found Griffin’s vial.
Right. Pigs are flying outside my window.
goofy She doesn't need any more ideas put into her head!

Look at all this doom and gloom in your feedback folder, Wendy! I'm sure you didn't intend this effect, right? Right? Wendy?

Seriously, the emotions in this section are so intense! We're careening from the heights of joy and relief to the depths of dispair and grief.

And Clark almost lost it - probably the closest he would ever come to causing harm to someone. He's desperate to save her, and desperately worried that he won't be able to, that she'll die. And he's angry, too - at himself for failing to save her or prevent this (not that he could have, but you know how Clark is) - and at Griffin.

The hired assassin almost made history here, as the guy Superman incinerated.

And Lois - also in the absolute depths of grief and despair, and feeling so ill and frail and mentally clouded - is the one who saves Clark from the fate of forever knowing he killed a man out of rage. She could never have been faulted for failing to stop Superman - after all, she's faced with imminent death and is so ill that she could be forgiven for being focused only on herself. But she pulls herself out of that long enough to see what's possibly about to happen, and to stop it.

Remember the other thing you're so good at, besides angst? You know, WAFFs? I suppose it's too much to ask that the remaining parts are all just WAFFy scenes, huh?

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard