Next Thread
Print Thread
#26073 12/01/05 11:22 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This one's for all those Francine & Bill romantics out there... wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
...and that would be me. wink

Yay Francine! Yay Bill! smile1 Go on, Bill, take her to that football game! And, Francine, invite him to dinner or something. goofy

Honestly, with all this WAFFy almost-romance you're giving us I could almost forget that poor Kal's out there in the hands of someone who wants to hand him over to Trask, that Lois is frantically looking for him and that the entire world is in jeopardy. I said almost... wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup Love this couple.

"Thanks, but I'm more of a football fan."

"Really? I used to be." Why had she stopped, anyway? Oh, right. Her ex-husband had hated the sport, probably because he was hopeless at it. Loser. "I haven't been to a game in years, though."

"Well," he said casually, looking down at his desk, "maybe sometime I'll give you tickets."
:rolleyes: Did he get all the neon sign she put up!

Then he nodded. "Okay. Give me a description; I'll do some asking around."

She couldn't help smiling, though she tried to keep it small. "He's six foot, Caucasian male with just a little bit of Asian mixed in. Mid-twenties, medium build." After all the phone calls of this afternoon, she had this down to a science. "Brown hair, brown eyes. Lois thinks he's gorgeous," she added in, to see if she could get a reaction. "And she's not far wrong."

Bill glanced up from where he was scribbling notes. "Careful," he said mildly. "You'll make me jealous."

As if. Though it would be kinda nice. "Ah, you're okay, too. He's a little too young for me, anyway; not that it matters, 'cause he's utterly hung up on Lois. They've been through a lot."
thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
catching up smile Lots has happened - Kal's in big trouble but...
Bill and Francine! Just enough to get our hopes up, Pam, to tease us with a nice bit of banter. So keep it coming!

c

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It's a given that Gwen will lie about Kal being her patient if Lois calls her office, so how is L going to find him? Maddening, especially for someone who hates to read long stories in serial form. But I got sucked into this one and now I can't stop.
"He's six foot, Caucasian male with just a little bit of Asian mixed in. Mid-twenties, medium build. Brown hair, brown eyes. Lois thinks he's gorgeous."
And now the police won't be any help either because they'll be looking for some little 165-lb (i.e. medium build) brown-haired guy instead of Kal, who has jet-black hair and weighs over 190 lbs. wink

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Top Banana
Top Banana
Francine & Bill smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks for the comments, y'all smile

Honestly, with all this WAFFy almost-romance you're giving us I could almost forget that poor Kal's out there in the hands of someone who wants to hand him over to Trask, that Lois is frantically looking for him and that the entire world is in jeopardy.
Oh, quite the compliment, thank you <g>

Don't worry, Sheila, it won't take too much longer...

the police won't be any help either because they'll be looking for some little 165-lb (i.e. medium build) brown-haired guy instead of Kal, who has jet-black hair and weighs over 190 lbs.
Oops blush Guess Francine isn't too good at this description stuff...

But this is why I post to the message boards first -- I can still fix that wink So thanks!

Thanks Wendy, Maria, Carol, Sheila & Ankit -- I really do appreciate every comment. Next part coming soon...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Love this story...have I mentioned that you are evil ?

I have?

Oh well...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard