Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
“Just a name. A... source got back to me a short time ago. Does the name Griffin mean anything to you? Or perhaps it would mean more to Lois...”
I was right!!! Well... not about my first theory... but my second theory!! It's Kyle's dad, isn't it? razz

From having thought that she was cured, she’d gone back to having a death sentence hanging over her head again.
Just like we went from hopeful to heartbroken once again. frown

“Lois, I know even with what I told you earlier the idea’s never even occurred to you and it’s difficult to take in. Later, if we have time - ”

He halted abruptly. She knew why.
I actually started chewing on my hand sometime before this paragraph. See what your doing to me? My medical bill will be in the mail. <g>

But her fingers refused to grip it, and then the card fell from her grasp. “Oh, sh - ” She squeezed her eyes shut and stifled a sob.
Aw, I love this... this is so heartwrenching. mecry She's so frustrated about being so weak... and she's finally showing just how much she is. She hadn't really said much about it before. frown

And, in that precise moment, she saw the answer too. “His father!”
Ha! *smug Julie* <g>

So, Lois is still dying, Clark is still vbeing tortured along with her, no one knows what's killing her - but now we have the villain! I hope. This better not be another one of your false strands of hope. wildguy

Can we have more kisses in the next part? They need to make the most out of the time they... *might* have left. wink But don't take this as permission to leave the toys broken... <g>

Great part! You left me in a pathetic heap on the floor. frown

I'm going to be doing a lot of this ->> [Linked Image] before Saturday!!

Julie [Linked Image]

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, wow, so much emotion. Every time Lois choked, I choked. And then in the conference room.. whinging But it looks like they're on the right track now! Oh, hurry, hurry! *covers eyes*

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Though it wasn’t just the stale cigar-smoke that was objectionable about the inside of Luthor’s car.
Haha! Love it.

Her next big expose was going to be something on doctors’ salaries
Is this where I need to step in to defend the doctors in this world?

She was still dying.
With so many parts left, how could she NOT be?

Time. It was the one thing they didn’t have.
*sniff*

It was as if her entire world was shifting on its axis. Only for the umpteenth time today.
Poor Lois.

The horror in Clark’s voice made her fumble with the pen.
You're killing me. And Lois.

“Kyle’s father.”
The plot thickens!

And still so much left to go. Can Lois survive that long? Can I?

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. thumbsup

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Angst! Time is running out! And somehow I don't feel that we've done all of our suffering! mecry

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
[Linked Image]

ARGH!! We're all still hanging on!!

Here's hoping this next clue pans out to be something!! [Linked Image]

Still waiting for more!! [Linked Image]

More soon!!

Missy [Linked Image]

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
/me points up at Missy's graphic. Ditto!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Luthor gave him a condescending look. “Nobody lies to me.”
That sums up Lex's whole self so exactly. He believes - has always believed - that he is above absolutely everyone else. Remember how he said, in the series, that he'd win over Superman because Superman had scruples while Lex had none? This just hits that so squarely on the head. But he's wrong. Ultimately, that absolute conviction that he can't be touched will be his downfall. Very nice characterization, Wendy.

She was still dying.

They hadn’t told her that immediately, of course.

She wasn’t getting better. They hadn’t found everything that miserable bastard had injected her with. And it had taken them all this time to work that out?
Her next big expose was going to be something on doctors’ salaries. Or their expense accounts.
You’ve been here for hours while I was having needles and tubes poked into me in the hospital. And you don’t have anything to show for it?”
And this is just so typical of the early Lois, the one who when cornered would come out fighting, never mind who got caught in the crossfire. She's feeling horrible physically, she's very frightened that she will, indeed, die, and she knows what she stands to lose if they are unsuccessful - so much more than just her life. She's lashing out. Again, so good! The contrast with her inner thoughts regarding Clark - whinging You have got to save her! Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease? whinging whinging whinging
“Here.” A gentle hand lay on her shoulder, and the phone was moved to within her reach. And she hadn’t even heard him move.
That's our Clark. Always there, even at the expense of his own sorrow or fear, for her. So beautiful, so heart-breaking, these little moments we're seeing between them.

Has it been long enough to post part 15 yet?

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Um, what's this about it looking like 21 parts? I thought you had this exercise in FOLC-torture finished????

By the way, after that last bit of false hope, I'm not putting too much reliance on them finding the bad guy and getting him to tell them how to fix this. That would just be too easy.

Glad they twigged that Griffin might not be Kyle. There are other people in the world named Griffin, y'know. I was yelling at Clark (mentally, 'cause it's past bedtime in my house) to look beyond the obvious.

Interesting little moment when Clark has to explain to Lois who his source is, and then why he thinks Lex would have "connections." Poor Lois, she's just having a bad day with mistaken identities laugh Clark? Not Superman. Lex? Not evil. Griffin? Gotta be Kyle.

Still, you gotta admire her. She's still kicking and screaming, even if Clark has to prop her up for the kicking part wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow. That was incredibly emotional.

She reached for his hand. “I’m sorry. I wish it was going to happen.”
Just as long as there was enough time, at the end, to say all she wanted to say...
Heartbreaking. And awesome.

Just really loving this story and looking forward to more.

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well at least they are getting somewhere I hope. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Columnist
Columnist
“What are you doing?” The horror in Clark’s voice made her fumble with the pen.

“Just... just making some notes.”

“I wish you wouldn’t.”
This part really started the tears. mecry It's like the final showing of giving up. Although it is sensible, it's not something Clark wants to see if he's going to attempt to remain upbeat...in her presence anyway.

I really hope they've found the right guy, but with how many parts left...7? I'm afraid to hope too much. Although, I don't see the person who did this giving up their information too readily either. That alone could take awhile. I just hope not too long!

Can Saturday come any faster??? frown

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Seven more parts to go? I can't believe this. You are torturing us, Wendy.

Oh, and by the way, I could have told you long ago that the Toyman had to be behind this. That guy is a wolf in sheep's clothing if *ever* I saw one!

Hurry up and post, now!

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Liked how you managed to show Lex as an overall not-so-nice guy despite his helping Lois & Clark. cool

Loved Lois' and Clark's small gestures of affection and support throughout the ordeal. smile1 dance

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey, here's a thought... how about doubling part size? I mean... 7 more parts is two more weeks... I can't spend two more weeks thinking about whether Lois will die or not... And it's not fair either, 'cause Christmas is supposed to be a happy time, and this doesn't help get in the mood...

Now, how convincing was I???? :p

What to say, that no one has already said. Little actually; this story is so great, I keep checking the boards repeatedly just in case you changed your mind and went for a different posting schedule!

Btw, Griffin! When you mentioned his dad a few sections back, I really thought it'd be important. Seems so again. Can Luthor after all not be involved?

Oh, and when are Lois and Clark going to get really emotional with each other? Time's running out, I want some more wafffff (while Lois stil has enough strength to kiss him wink )

Cris
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh dear. My thoughts are all over the place!! goofy ) This part left me feeling hopeful, that we're heading in a new direction (and yeah, because it came from Lex, I have faith we're heading in the right direction), while it also left me a little nervous because Lois is so sick and weak and scared! And Clark's scared. And time is really running out. 4 HOURS!!! My god, Wendy. REALLY! mad

See? I told you. My feelings are all over the place. Giddy one minute, mad the next. I can't help it. YOU DID THIS!

There were so many parts I loved! I had a wonderful visual of Lois being a human pin cushion. Nice! thumbsup

She wasn’t getting better. They hadn’t found everything that miserable bastard had injected her with. And it had taken them all this time to work that out?

One of the nurses started rearranging her pillows. “Let’s get you nice and comfortable again, Lois, so you can rest.”

Rest? “Are you kidding? I have to get out of here. I’ve got things to - ”
I love her impatience here - she has no time to do anything. She definitely doesn't have time for resting! You can just sense where her thoughts must be at!
I’ve just been told that if I don’t find the guy who poisoned me within the next four hours or so I’m not going to live to see tomorrow.
LOIS! Love it! She would say that! Even in her miserable state, where she probably would love to do nothing more than take a 4 hour nap. They want her to take it. SHE wants to wake up from it. So so Lois!
He was fighting for her, too - not for what he wanted, but what she wanted.
Because he loves you!!!

I really love Lois's POV in this section. You see her realize the strength of Clark's feelings in so many ways. I just love seeing her witness how much this is affecting him:
“We appreciate everything you’re doing to help, Doctor. We appreciate it very much. But you should appreciate that time is running out - and I want my partner alive.”

Lois’s heart twisted at that faint crack in his voice on the last word. Another reminder of how much he cared for her.
whinging Honestly, Wendy, this is beautiful and had me completely choked up. Those subtle moments where you show the feelings of one of them through the other's eyes make this story so fantastic, heartbreaking and beautiful!!

Clark's POV offered some favorites for me, too:
“Why would they have stayed? When we thought I was going to be okay?”

He crossed to her side and slid his arm around her waist for support. “Because, even if you were going to be okay, someone still tried to kill you. And might try again.”
I love this. It just shows Lois's confused state of mind. Clark has to remind her that the attacker is still on the loose, basically. She's clearly not at the top of her game and normally she's ahead of everyone else, at that. This moment is sad, and just awful.

I was so upset that she lashed out at Henderson, but as Clark noted, it was completely understandable, given the circumstances. But I just love what he said later - it gets to the heart of his relationship with her. The whole reason he cares for her is her integrity and boldness, so he nicely gives back the same; it's what she respects about him, too, after all.
“Oh, just for the record, Lois,” he said before exiting, “my guys have checked out over a thousand names today. They’re all on unpaid overtime right now. There isn’t anyone in this building who doesn’t want to see the bastard caught and the antidote found for you.”

She sighed and grimaced, her temper clearly gone. He hated the hopeless expression which replaced it.
And then this last part. mecry Her fight is leaving her. Her time is running out. She might try to be strong, but I love that Clark sees through that and sees the completely heartwrenching look of hopelessness in her eyes.

her fingers refused to grip it, and then the card fell from her grasp. “Oh, sh - ” She squeezed her eyes shut and stifled a sob.
This has been quoted already, so I won't say much; just wonderful! I loved this.

PLEASE save her soon, Wendy! You should read these sections and see how sick she is! Then you'll really want to save her; I just know it!

More soon blush

~NICOLE

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ah, Nicole, you said it so perfectly! What can we do to make Wendy read these sections and make her hurry up and save Lois? Just keep nagging her, I suppose! laugh

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You can't *possibly* leave it until the last part to tell us who did it! Because they need to find the guy in order to find the antidote. So there has to be a part where they find him, a part where he brags about what he did, thus revealing what poison he used, a part where Lois gets better, and a part full of smoochies. That leaves three parts for them to spend tracking him down and dealing with incompetent doctors and nurses. Okay, so they're not incompetent, just in the way. smile So surely we don't have time for any more red herrings or dead ends! Right?

The pathos in this story is well-done. You have a strong mix of angst through the sadness and worry over Lois's potential fate, a repositioning as Lois and Clark redefine their partnership and friendship as affected by the situation, and also an urgency driving them towards finding a solution. The urgency, of course, keeps me reading each part at such a fast rate that I miss details and have to reread just to get everything, once I've satisfied my longing to know whether Lois gets well or at least finds out the poison's name in *this* part.

I look forward to the next post!

Kerth
Kerth
Chief Pam said:
Glad they twigged that Griffin might not be Kyle. There are other people in the world named Griffin, y'know. I was yelling at Clark (mentally, 'cause it's past bedtime in my house) to look beyond the obvious.
I was screaming the same thing too... it's about time the characters figured it out!

Nicole said:
I think the very last section will have kissing.
It better! I haven't read all of this angst for nothing!

Another great part...looking forward to the next. thumbsup Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Kerth
Kerth
Yay! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard