L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I just finished reading this one.

I found the antipathy that Clark held against the child to be jarring. Of course that was the plot device used to make it easy to send the child into the past.

It was somewhat obvious that CJ would be CJ from the beginning setting up a loop.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
I, like Ken, did not care for Crystal Wimmer's depiction of Clark in this story. It really went against canon in a big way as Clark/Superman had always been a pushover for kids and had always wanted them. Of course his concern for Lois' well being might have overridden that basic instinct and made him resent the baby for having created so many physical issues with Lois. The medical plot device seemed to be very plausible and necessary for Lois to turn over her new born to Herb to take it back to the future so to speak. I also noticed some pretty big continuity problems when I re-read it this time which I did not see the first time.

That said the overall concept of how the baby arrived in "Family Hour" seemed to be the most plausible of the stories that I had read and I actually liked the idea that the story focused on CJ and Kat for the most part.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard