Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#2606 06/12/03 12:56 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow, Clark, that's an amazing story! Leave it to Lois to take on the alias of her old college friend. And the glasses and different hairstyle? What a creative, clever idea. Wonder how she ever came up with it. wink

I'm glad that she is back home, safe and sound, and reuniting with her friends and family. (And once I got done laughing over Sam Lane's research, I have to agree with Lois completely -- it sounds like exactly the sort of idea he'd come up with.)

I wish you both the best of luck getting to know each other. Let's hope "happily ever after" doesn't take you as long as it took the other Lois and Clark ... after all these years apart, you two deserve a break!

Kathy

#2607 06/13/03 01:58 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, that's great news! smile I'm so pleased that things have worked out well. smile1

And LOL at the self-lighting Christmas trees.

Nice to hear what her other friends and family have been up to -- Lois isn't the only one to be surprised. I particularly like the idea of Rollie and Nell at Star Labs together... I always liked Nell. smile

Thanks for letting us know about your happy ending!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#2608 06/13/03 04:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh!

Glad you succeeded in finding your Lois. I would never have guessed Linda King was her cover name.

LOL at Sam's inventions. I guess he's not likely to change. And way to go for Lucy!!

All the best for you and Lois, once you get to know each other that is. You two could make a terrific investigative/ news team...to begin with.

I hope we'll hear from you soon,

Carole smile1

Ps: Maybe I should have posted this in the FDK section confused

#2609 06/13/03 10:58 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Hi Clark!

Well, what more can I say? I had thought the idea of telling you checking whether Linda was Lois, but I thought it would be completely impossible.

Yet, it wasn't. Nothing is impossible to Lois, after all smile

I'm very happy for both of you. I hope you have a beautiful life together.

I wish you a happy future.
AnnaBtG.

P.S.: Lois's family really isn't ordinary, is it? goofy Good luck laugh

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#2610 06/17/03 07:46 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Ah, my dear boy! I have struggled these past days to reach you, and at last I have succeeded!

I had discovered Miss Lane's secret identity as Miss King several days ago, but alas, my efforts to inform you were cruelly interrupted. It seems that Mr. Wayne's carpet included a single bat that was woven to face ninety degrees away from the others. This singular detail sufficed to cause the flux facilitator to cease fluxing. By the time I realised the error, I had already been diverted into yet a different dimension!

Naturally, I attempted to rectify this and return to you as quickly as possible. But you must understand, my dear boy, that my enormous, self-appointed task as Grand Arbiter of Destiny can sometimes be too great for even one such as myself. The Clark Kent and Lois Lane of that dimension were in such desperate need of assistance that I could not, in all conscience, abandon them to their unhappy fate.

I am delighted to see that in my absence, the members of the board rallied mightily to your cause. Of course, they could not be as efficient as I would have been myself, but your story has at last achieved its happy ending.

I wish the best of fortunes to you and Miss Lane, dear boy! Know that your guardian angel is watching you.

H.G. Wells

"Fools make researches and wise men exploit them." -- H.G. Wells, A Modern Utopia, ch. 2, sct. 5

"I love irony." -- Tempus, Tempus Fugitive
#2611 06/18/03 02:29 PM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Kathy,

Lois is an amazing woman, isn't she? Creative, wildly intuitive, brilliant...

What was your question again? Oh, right. I have no idea how she comes up with her ideas, but it's amazing to watch her in action.

Thanks for your well wishes. I'll be sure to pass them along to Lois, as well.

Pam,

Nell is sweet. Her sisters aren't so nice, but she's learned to deal with them. The loving support of her husband helps, and she, in turn, keeps him grounded when his pursuit of science causes him to lose sight of consequences. They have a good partnership.

Carole,

I do intend to help Lois with her stories, but I no longer work at the Daily Planet myself. There were just too many complications. There were complaints of favoritism and conflict of interest when I brought in too many Superman exclusives. There isn't much legal grounds for the complaints, but I want people to see Superman as being as fair and impartial as possible. Unfortunately, Clark Kent has become too widely recognised these days to conduct most other investigations. Even simple stories have been made difficult by star-struck interviewees.

Even so, I do hope to be able to work with Lois in some capacity and to get to know her better in general.

Anna,

"Nothing is impossible" seems to be a good summary for the last few years of my life, and "ordinary" doesn't seem to be a word that applies to Lois, her life, or her family. Come to that, I can't say it really applies to me these days, either.

Not that that's a bad thing. At least we'll never be bored.

Mr. Wells,

I see your foresight served you well. You found Lois shortly before I did, just as you predicted. I guess being a time traveller helps with these things. I'm sorry to hear that my bat jammed your flux facilitator. Otherwise, you could have travelled back in time a few extra days and saved me a lot of worry. At least things turned out well, thanks to the help of these kind FOLCs.

I'm glad you were able to help the other Lois and Clark, wherever they are. It didn't happen to be the Lois who posted here and her Clark, did it?

I thank you for your offer of guardianship. If we're ever in distress, I assure you we'll send a note as soon as we can. I'll just need to figure out how to send mail to the 19th century. In the meantime, I'm sure you'll be quite busy with your other adopted universes. Perhaps you could enlist the aid of one of your other selves? After all, they do say "if you want something done right, do it yourself..." I can tell you from my experience at the AltKerth awards that it can be fun working with your counterparts. I was beside myself with joy. Well, actually, I was beside myself with a concubine, but you know what I mean.

Thanks again, Mr. Wells. I'm sure I'll see you again, in time.

Clark

"Well, what he can't do, it doesn't matter. It's the idea of Superman. Someone to believe in. Someone to build a few hopes around. Whatever he can do, that's enough." - Lois Lane
#2612 06/18/03 08:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clark,

I'm glad you're gonna help Lois with her stories. Too bad it meant leaving the Planet for you, but I guess I can see your point.

I just hope that someone named Ralph wasn't the instigator of the "complains of favoritism".

On the other hand, you must admit it would certainly have been safer for your 'alter ego' to choose a 'non Clark Kent related' Daily Planet reporter for the Superman exclusives. wink

Speaking off, I really have to go. Today is a bit special for me. See, there's this photograph Perry (I mean my Metropolis Mr White) just teamed me with. The Chief seems to think 'the Olsen guy' could make a good reporter and wants me to learn him 'the basic ropes'. Arggghhh! Who does he think I am? some baby-sitter? I mean, I already make my own pictures to go with my stories. oops! Seems I'm disgressing again...

Well, good luck with the 'getting to know Lois' phase. I'm sure this will be quite an adventure and that you'll be of great help to her...as a partner.

An investigative journalist and a pi? I bet you'll soon be the hottest 'fighting crime' team in town. Wait a minute! Does that mean you'll settle in Brazzaville?

I'm just curious...

Carole smile1

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard