Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#2566 05/31/03 08:08 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Dear FOLCs,

I hope I'm posting this in the right section. My name is Clark Kent. I'm from what you call the "alt-universe." I came across this site while searching for information about Lois Lane.

You may be wondering how I'm able to access this site, given that it's in a different universe from my own. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that this computer was built by STAR Labs and is connected to their network. I'm not entirely sure what they're doing, but apparently at least one of their projects involves dimensional travel. Quite likely time travel as well, since it's 1997 here and the date on your site is in 2003.

On the other hand, my research on your archive (http://www.lcfanfic.com) tells me that I'm not the first Metropolitan to visit your universe. There are documented visits from the Clark Kent and Lois Lane of another universe ("The Clark Letters") as well as Lex Luthor (now there's someone I'm glad I never met!) and many others ("The Lex Letters"). It's been a couple of years since then, I believe, but I see that H. G. Wells registered at this site a little more than a week before I did. So, with all those other visitors, maybe it's not STAR Labs tampering with the fabric of the universe, after all.

Well, however I got here, what I've seen has been of great interest.

First of all, I want to thank those of you who have helped others like me to find their respective Lois Lanes. It's a source of hope and inspiration, knowing that at least some of my counterparts have been united with their soul mates.

I know some of you don't believe in soul mates. Well, I'm not going to argue with you. All I can say is that, in my rather unique situation, I have no choice but to believe. Not just because of the evidence of Lois and Clark that I met, but because, without that belief, I'd be lost.

And that brings me to the main purpose of my visit: the search for "my" Lois. You FOLCs seem to possess a startling amount of information, not only about your own universe, but apparently many others, as well. So, I'd like to ask you a favour. If you know of anything that could help me find Lois, please respond to this message.

Here's what I know so far: Lois flew to the congo, following a lead on a gun-running story, on September 3rd, 1993. She said in her last communication that she had arrived and cleared customs, but was planning to use an assumed name from that point on. Customs has no record of her arrival, nor is there any record of her at the U.S. embassy. Some of the embassy staff did seem to be acting oddly, but that could well have been a reaction to my "celebrity" status rather than anything to do with Lois.

I tried searching the city and the surrounding countryside, but I've had no luck; there is too much territory to cover, too many people to scrutinise. Add to that the fact that it's been four years, and you can get a good idea of how difficult the search has been.

At this point, I'm not sure what to try. I'd be grateful for any suggestions or leads you might have. I'll look into them and let you know what happens.

In the meantime, if you have any questions for me, I'll be happy to answer them, or at least try. smile Unlike the other Clark Kent who visited your universe, I actually am Superman, and everyone in my world knows it.

I'll check back as my schedule and the tenuous connection between universes allow.

Clark

P.S. In case you're curious, yes, I am aware of the other message boards. I noticed, however, that upon signing up, I'd be given "Jimmy Oleson" status. You may find this silly, but I just wasn't prepared to take on the status of my old boss.

P.P.S. A note to Tank, in case he's reading this: Mr. Wilson, you may, if you help me find her, and if she agrees, cut Lois's hair. But please, don't blow off my leg or destroy my world or anything. Deal?

"Well, what he can't do, it doesn't matter. It's the idea of Superman. Someone to believe in. Someone to build a few hopes around. Whatever he can do, that's enough." - Lois Lane
#2567 05/31/03 06:05 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Dear Mr. Kent,

Have you tried questioning the customs officials while wearing your civilian clothing? Without the Suit, they might not react to your celebrity status, but their reactions might be based upon knowing something about Ms. Lane's whereabouts or her fate upon arriving. I have a few guesses as to where she might be, but mine are mearly educated guesses and not hard facts.

I am in posession of knowledge of how at least two alternate versions of yourself found their Loises, but I have yet to discover where the Lois Lane of your universe is hiding. Give me time, and I may be able to check some of my more obscure sources for you. I think the Clark from the universe in which my "Forever and All Eternity" series takes place knows something, but it takes time to contact him. smile Not only is he in another universe from my own, but he is also currently living on New Krypton with Kiley--his and Lois's oldest child.

I also am in contact with Mr. Wells. He has helped me more than once, and I'm sure that I can talk him into divulging some information. Mr. Kent, I do believe in the concept of soulmates--perhaps not quite as Mr. Wells explained it, but I do. I believe that you *will* find her someday; just don't stop looking for her.

Best wishes in your quest,

Laura Davies aka. BrightFeather

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
#2568 06/01/03 03:02 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Ummm, I'm not sure how to break this to you Mr. Kent, but in the one instance where I did research on your (or perhaps a similar) alternate dimension... you were killed. But your Lois is safe and happy.

Tank (who had nothing to do with it, but she had her hair cut and dyed red also wink )

#2569 06/01/03 03:23 AM
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Mr. Kent,

Lois has been known to suffer intermittent bouts of amnesia (Cause: too many blows to the head by nefarious evil-doers and aggressive fire hydrants.) I suggest looking for one "Wanda Detroit".

Another possibility might be to leave off the Congo and do a complete search of Echo Canyon. laugh

Good luck!

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
#2570 06/01/03 04:13 AM
Blogger
Blogger
My dear Mr. Kent,

I must counsel patience. I realise you are eager to find your Lois, but there are many universes that I must organize to my satisfaction. Please be assured that I will get to yours as soon as I have a chance. I have been working on a new, improved version of my soul-tracker, but I can't locate the right style of Persian carpet.

I applaud your initiative in consulting the members of this forum, but really, my dear sir! They could hardly do as well as myself.

Stay away from Tempus and perform some rescues while you are waiting. I will find your Lois as soon as I can. My pocket watch will be at your humble service.

H.G. Wells

"Fools make researches and wise men exploit them." -- H.G. Wells, A Modern Utopia, ch. 2, sct. 5

"I love irony." -- Tempus, Tempus Fugitive
#2571 06/01/03 08:53 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
welcome to the boards, clark! i'm sorry it couldn't have been under better circumstances, but i hope we can help fix that.

have you tried snooping around in the embassy? i know it's not in your usual nature, but it may be for the best this time. with your speed and enhanced senses, you should be able to search around without being seen. maybe even eavesdrop.

mr wells, it's good to hear you're on the case, but there can't be any harm in the rest of us looking, too. maybe we can take care of this one, freeing you up to go... uhm, fix another universe. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#2572 06/02/03 01:20 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I applaud your initiative in consulting the members of this forum, but really, my dear sir! They could hardly do as well as myself.
Herb, Herb, Herb! Are you actively looking to meet a hubris-inspired fate?

How quickly they forget... You're not the only one out there with temporal resources, you know, and I can talk to mine, so she knows what to do by herself -- and she's doing it as I write.

Anyway, Clark, you'll be glad to know that I've put Gabriella (formerly known as Little Gay, but she insisted on a new name when I moved her "mind" into a more powerful [Italian-built] body) onto your problem, but she does have one question:

Which Alt-Clark are you? There's a lot of 'em out there, and it helps to have some form of temporo-universal reference to start from. I (and Gabby) assume that you're the Clark from the "original" alt-U; that is, the one that "our" L&C met twice, but it wouldn't hurt to have some confirmation. I've met one other Alt-Clark, but that wasn't you -- unless something really bad has happened.

Anyway, if you have a Multiversal Timeline Co-ordinate, or even a universal quantum signature spectrum that you can send me, it'll be a help. If not, we'll all hope that Gabby's not looking in the wrong universe -- because she is looking!

Hang in there, mate. Help is at hand.

Phil (and Gabriella wink )

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
#2573 06/02/03 05:32 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thank you, Phil!

That's one question I should have asked. <g> While I do have the ear on *one* HG Wells, I also have a few resources. wink My brothers built a time machine in the basement a few years back after they improved upon the design of Mr. Wells's machine. It also is equipped with an interdimensional transport unit, which enables chroniclers like myself to interview and write about many *different* Lois Lanes and Clark Kents.

In fact, I've met a few versions of Mr. Kent that weren't very nice at all. Mr. Kent, um, this may sound awfully suspicious, but I, too, need to know if you're the 'original' AltClark. See, I stumbled across some plans from one of your counterparts last month that detailed how to invade and conquer other dimensions. <wary look> I'm very fond of our Superman, but I have no wish to be conquered by a fleet of Kryptonian ships--Nor's invasion a few years ago proved that!

Laura (who's currently hampered somewhat by the fact that 2 of her fingers are splinted together)

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
#2574 06/02/03 10:35 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Thank you for the responses so far. I can't tell you how good it feels to be able to talk about all this in the open. What with soul mates and other universes and everything, the story behind my search isn't exactly something I've wanted to spread. As you know, I can keep a secret when I have to, but I don't enjoy the necessity.

Here, though, I don't have to worry about those secrets. You FOLCs already know all about it. And you're helpful and supportive, too. I truly appreciate that.

Ms. Davies,

Thank you for the suggestion. I did go to the embassy in my "civilian clothes", but the problem is that I don't have a secret identity; Clark Kent is nearly as well-known as Superman. Now that you mention it, however, I could go back in disguise. Maybe that will help.

Thanks also for your efforts. So, you can communicate not only between universes but across inter-stellar distances, too? You FOLCs never cease to amaze.

I'm also grateful for your words of encouragement. And don't worry; I have no intention of giving up.

In response to your second post, please don't worry on that account, either. I assure you that I have no invasion plans in this dimension or any other (unless you count sneaking around the embassy). I'm shocked to hear that one of my counterparts has taken such an agressive turn. I wouldn't have thought it was in my... his... our (this is getting confusing) nature to do any such thing. I suppose the right circumstances (or, more properly, the wrong ones) can lead one to do just about anything.

I am sorry to hear about your injury. I hope it was not a result of your efforts to help me. My best wishes for your recovery.

Tank,

I'm not sure how it works, but there are apparently several universes that split off sometime after I met the Lois from the other universe. That meeting and the subsequent one seem to be key points for some reason, much like the time in the other universe when a scientist brought several gangsters back from the dead. Worlds seem to branch out from those key points, each one unique.

Obviously, the universe you found, in which Clark Kent was killed, is not this one. I am pleased to hear, however, that the Lois of that world is safe and happy.

Sherry,

Strangely enough, I actually did look for "Wanda Detroit" in the local nightclubs. I came across the name a few times on the FOLC archives and decided it might be worth a try. I didn't find any sign of "Wanda," though; I suspect that may be due to the fact that the scenario played out in another universe. As I said to Tank, each branch seems to be unique.

Thank you for the warning about insidious city plumbing. When I do find Lois, I'll be sure to protect her from those aggressive fire hydrants.

I'm intrigued by your suggestion of Echo Canyon. I'll be sure to search it, but to my knowledge, there is nothing there but an abandoned shack. What makes you think Lois might be there, and what should I be looking for?

Mr. Wells,

I appreciate your efforts on my behalf, but please don't let me take too much time away from other universes in need.

I must admit that I never before realised the importance of Persian carpets to dimensional travel. Perhaps the Oriental rug in this room is what allows me to contact the FOLCs' universe. If you need a good Persian carpet, perhaps you should try "Ralph's Agora." The man may not be able to make Chinese food, but he does know his floor coverings.

As for FOLCs, I would not hasten to underestimate their knowledge and resourcefulness.

I will be wary of Tempus, but you should be doubly careful. From what I've seen, you've had more trouble with him than I.

Best of luck tidying up the other universes you've adopted into your care. Perhaps sometime you'll come across an alternate version of yourself. That might help expedite your work, if you can get yourself to be cooperative.

Paul,

Thank you for your warm welcome. You're right that I don't like spying, but these are, as you indicated, desperate times. Maybe when I go back to the embassy in disguise, I'll take the opportunity to look around.

Phil and Gabriella,

Which Alt Clark am I? Well, I'm... me. I don't know what else to tell you. Perhaps Mr. Wells could give you some more information about my dimensional coordinates, but I'm afraid I don't know enough about "Multiversal Timeline Co-ordinates" or "universal quantum signature spectrums" to be of much help. I did meet the other Lois twice, as you say, so this universe must be one that split off after that key point.

Thank you for your help and encouragement. (I do seem to be saying that a lot, don't I? You FOLCs are the best!)

I'm heading off to the embassy now. I'll come back later to tell you how it went.

Clark

"Well, what he can't do, it doesn't matter. It's the idea of Superman. Someone to believe in. Someone to build a few hopes around. Whatever he can do, that's enough." - Lois Lane
#2575 06/02/03 12:09 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hello Clark.

I am pleased that you were able to make contact with us, even if it was for heart-wrenching circumstances. I hope you will continue to talk with us once you find Lois. And I firmly believe that you will find her.

I have a few suggestions that you might think about.

First of all, Lois may have chosen a different name for her novela persona. I know you might consider it intrusion of privacy to read it and find out...maybe you could have her sister, Lucy (if she has one in that universe) take a quick scan.

Also in looking though names in the congo, I suggest you pay close attention to any L L names. She seems to have an affinity for those letters.

And finally, I've been thinking, what about the HG Wells from your universe? Maybe we can find a way of contacting him. After all, it stands to reason that there is a Wells in each universe (no offense to the Wells on these boards).

Though if you can't find him, maybe our HG Wells will decide to travel back in time sometime in the future. That way his older self will be here now and able to help you...I suppose he never saw Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure...a nice time travel guide.

Wishing you good luck,

-Breanna

#2576 06/03/03 11:40 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Breanna,

It had never occurred to me that Lois might have used a different name in her novel. I'll have to look into that. Thank you for suggesting it.

I have been keeping an eye out for LL names, but so far, I've had no luck.

As for Mr. Wells, I have no way of contacting him. He seems to show up on his own schedule, which isn't much of a surprise, given that he's a time traveller. And no, I would not expect that he has seen "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure." It's too violent for him. Especially the ending, where they decide to shoot the teachers so they don't have to do their presentation. Of course, the teachers start shooting back, and the whole thing turns into a big gunfight.

It was a little too much like "Back to the Future," where this kid sees his friend, a crazy scientist who for some reason has an English accent, get horribly killed by terrorists. So he jumps into the time machine the crazy English scientist invented, goes into the future, grabs a bunch of high-tech weaponry, and then spends the rest of the movie shooting people.

Then again, that's the way all movies are these days. All guns and violence and the occasional insane English scientist being killed in some especially gruesome way.

So, "Smallville Girl," huh? You wouldn't happen to be from my home town, would you?

Sherry, I flew over Echo Canyon again, as you suggested, but I didn't find anything.

My trip to the embassy was a little more productive. There is definitely something odd going on there. One of the staff in particular, Martin Snell, became very jumpy when I mentioned the name "Lois Lane." I used my abilities to follow him around for a while, odd as it felt to do so. Soon after he thought I'd left, he called someone. I didn't recognise the voice, but the conversation was about Lois! Snell reported that two people had come asking after Lois and said that they'd have to start keeping a closer watch on her again, that they might have to kill her, after all. That hit me pretty hard, on several counts, but I kept enough presence of mind to wait around and search his office after he left. I didn't find much, though. Less even than you'd expect to see. I suspect he keeps his important files elsewhere.

Now I don't know whether to cheer, panic, or hit myself. On the one hand, my investigation has put her into danger. They may decide to kill her before I can find her, and if they do, it'll be my fault. On the other hand, I now know that she's alive, free, and somewhere in the area!

It's a lot more than I had before, and it's thanks to your suggestions! So, any thoughts about what I should do now?

Clark

#2577 06/04/03 02:56 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow, you've been productive. I'd say keep looking after Snell. He'll probably eventually lead you someplace where you can find more answers. Maybe he's got another computer lying around somewhere. Or possibly put a tap on his phones.. not quite legal, but it sounds like he's in another country anyway. wink

As far as the movies, it sounds like we should find a way to send you our versions. They're much more peaceful, and no shooting! At least, I don't remember any in Bill & Ted, and Marty didn't do any in Back to the Future.. just the terrorist guys. (Psst, Herb, before you go back to visit Clark here, stop by our universe to grab the movies.)

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#2578 06/04/03 03:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Mr Kent,

I was about to back up Braenna's idea and suggest you look for LL names, but as it didn't get you anywhere, how about WD names? I admit it's a bit far fetched, so here's the other options I had in mind.

it seems your Lois never "officially" reached Congo. So let's look at the facts impartially: maybe she died in Congo, which I don't think is the case. I mean you're a soulmates believer, so I guess if your heart tolds you your Lois is alive, she certainly must be.

Then, she might have discovered something more about that lead she had on the gun running story, while en route to Congo. If she's anything like the Lois we know, she certainly jumped both feet right in and, how could I put it, got into trouble, maybe got kidnapped or...er...well. As she disappeared 10 years ago, and considering we're in the 'she's still alive' option, she may suffer amnesia. Maybe her look has changed to, like Mr Wilson highlights it, she might have done something that could appear drastic from the way you imagined her, like cutting her hair short and dyed them red, blue, blond or all the three of that ,which, you must admit, could be a great match to your Superman Suit...whoops, seems I'm babbling again.

Then, she could also have decided to disappear for a while in order to have carte blanche on her gun story investigation, maybe she'll even show up in Metropolis once she's done with it.

I don't know what to tell you, but I have a question for you. Have you ever tried to restart her investigation the way she did it, from the beginning point to where she left it? You may find a detail that could also give you a lead on where to look for her...just my 2 cents thought.

Yours sincerely,

Carole

PS: Now that I think about it, talking to her sister was a good suggestion, but you may consider asking Perry White about her...

#2579 06/04/03 12:16 PM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
I've checked Lois's old computer for her novel, but found no sign of it. I even asked Mr. Oleson to help, but he didn't find anything, either. It looks like she hadn't started writing yet when she left. It was worth a try.

Karen, I'll keep my eye on Snell when I can, but I can't watch him all the time; I do have my duties as Superman. Much as I want to find Lois, I can't ignore people in need of more immediate rescues.

As for a phone tap, I'm not quite sure how I feel about it, but it's moot. I wouldn't know how to go about tapping a phone anyway.

I find it interesting that the movies you mentioned are so different in your universe. Sounds like they might be worth a look, if I could get my hands on them. I'll keep that in mind for when I find Lois. Maybe we can see them together.

Carole,

I know that Lois reached the Congo; she confirmed that in her last communication. I also know that she's alive, and I strongly suspect she's still somewhere in the Congo -- see my previous message for more details.

Also, while 1993 was ten years ago for you, here it's only been four. It's 1997 in my universe.

I'll keep your suggestion of a changed appearance in mind. Thanks for reminding me.

I haven't tried investigating her gun-running story. It's been four years and things have changed. With all the guns moving around thanks to Tempus's schemes, I expect it would be even harder to sift through those old leads. I'll give it a try, though.

As for Mr. White, I have talked to him. That's how I have the information about her travels and communications. Unfortunately, he's rather busy these days with his duties as mayor of Metropolis. He's always willing to make time for me, but I don't like to impose on him too much. If you can think of something specific to ask him, I might give that a shot.

Thank you for your continuing help, FOLCs.

Clark

#2580 06/04/03 08:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! I'm amazed time in your Alt-universe passes so fast. it also seems I'm having a hard time picturing Perry, I mean Mr White as a Mayor. See, here, in my Metropolis, he's the editor in chief of the Daily Planet, one of the most respectable and reknowned newspaper in America... and a really easy person to talk to, despite his constant tendancy to relate big events (newsworthy or not) to 'the King's life...Is your Perr...er...Mr White an Elvis Presley fan too? Because if he his, I can't think of a question to ask him but this one: "is Elvis alive in your Metropolis and did you ever met him?"

...I can imagine the face my Metropolis Perry would make if the answer was positive...but I'm disgressing.

About that novel, do you know if your Lois had a personnal laptop or home PC were she could have store a Wanda Detroit related story?

Taping a phone is as easy as picking up locks, though some super eavesdrop would perhaps be easier...or much more restricting, considering your 'other' job.

One last question, and don't mind telling me I'm too curious here but: what's *your* Mr White policy towards arms and guns dealers? Because if he's as a truth seeker as the Perry I know, you might consider joining your forces to dismantle Tempus's schemes...even under a more discreet guise...

Carole

#2581 06/05/03 12:32 PM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Carole,

I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. Mr. White is easy to talk to, but he's very busy. We are friends, but I feel that he has enough demands on his time and enough things to worry about without my adding to them.

Former President Presley is, indeed, alive in this universe. He is a close friend of Mr. White's and even came to speak at his mayoral inauguration.

I don't know if Lois has a laptop. If she does, she took it with her.

As to the gun problem, Mayor White and I have been working on it together. The process has been gradual, but we are seeing fewer guns on the streets of Metropolis. President Heston, however, has made it clear that he feels differently about the matter. I think his views are best summed up by the statement "gun control means using both hands."

Karen,

Your suggestion of following Mr. Snell has paid off. I been watched him from the air when he left the embassy last night and discovered the location of his other office. I listened to him conduct some business and then searched it after he left. It looks like he's established a place for himself in the Brazzaville criminal underworld. He's involved in selling drugs and weapons as well as racketeering, and he seems to be expanding his business. Unfortunately, given the corrupt local government as well as the tricky legal issues involved with diplomatic immunity, I'm not sure what I can do about that.

On the other hand, I did discover some other papers of interest among his files. He has the official records of Lois's entry into the Congo and records of her attempts to contact home through the embassy. Those files were in a folder with some sheets purporting to be the official list of people killed in gun-related incidents in Metropolis in 1993 and 1994. The lists look right, but I noticed that the names "Eleanor Lane," "Samuel Lane," "Lucille Lane," "Perry White," and "James Oleson" had been surreptitiously added.

Any suggestions on how to proceed from here?

Clark

#2582 06/05/03 11:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clark,

you didn't gave me the wrong impression, I was just picturing you the Perry I know and trying to figure out how different or alike in character yours...let's call him Mr White otherwise I'll get confused...was.

But you had Elvis Presley as president?? wow!!! I mean WOW!! Perry will definitely get jealous, not that I'm gonna tell him about this or he'll call me a funny lunatic again or give me a reply like: 'The king's alive and living in an alternate dimension, in a city called Metropolis... sure Carole, and I'm happily married to Priscilla and living in Graceland!"...er...seems I'm disgressing again.

Seems your president is a bit fanatic with this gun control issue...or maybe 'fanatic' is too soft a term.

So it seems Snell may have something to do with your Lois disappearance in Congo...

Unfortunately, given the corrupt local government as well as the tricky legal issues involved with diplomatic immunity, I'm not sure what I can do about that.
Do you also speak over 300 languages? because you might easily sneak into the Embassy...wild guess.

As for the added files, would that mean that your Lois parents were killed or that they might be in trouble? (it's friday and I'm always slow in understanding things on friday)

Carole

#2583 06/06/03 01:30 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Hi!

All I have to suggest is that you keep an eye upon Snell. And maybe you could check the rest of his "activities": Follow him while he's "working", or try to find out who are working with him, and find information about them. You may find something useful.

I hope I've helped a little.
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#2584 06/06/03 03:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello FOLCs,

I don't know if this will work but, it couldn't hurt giving it a try.

I'm Lois Lane. I'm sure you're wondering how I was able to access this site. Well, it's a long story.

I have gun dealers, police officers and militia men after me, not to mention members of the local government. All enjoying the facilities of a corruption based republic. I'm also aware that they could use the Net to track me down or try to locate me, so I'll be short.

My gun story's almost packed and my only problem now is to get out of this country I'm trapped in. Which is gonna be difficult once you know that all the travel routes leaving Congo head to Brazzaville... a very hazardous city for me.

It's 4.00 pm here. I'm at a excavation camp in the middle of a forest, where an archeologist send by the Guayaquil Anthropology Museum, let me use her laptop. Curiously, it seems the only websites she's able to connect to are: lcfanfic.com, lcficmbs.com, vernacularylanguages.com/cia-access.html and theindianajonessociety.me/femininemembers.htm. All interesting, but weird.

Mr Kent, are you newbie at the Daily Planet? Because I don't remember anyone of that name in the newsroom when I left. Anyway, you're not that bad for a guy from Kansas, you're even close but Snell is just a little fish here. Still you could use some skilled advices regarding investigation techniques. Yours really suck!

I like the idea of soulmates and I know I've been shut from real life these last four years, so my mental condition might have been shaken a bit. If it wasn't, I'm enough confused with this alt universes speeches. Confused to a point were I'm this close to thinking I'm gonna open my eyes, and discover this was just a nightmare.

I mean, last time I checked: HG Wells, assuming Mr Kent's refering to the nineteenth century british writer, was still dead to the bones (litterally), there was only a Metropolis and men didn't fly on their own volition. Plus I'm not comfortable refering to myself as Alt Lois. And I'm not even mentionning the Superman thing.

Uh...the battery's getting really weak...well, it's nice to know some people didn't gave up on me. Hope to meet you all FOLCs soon, and under better circumstances.

Lois Lane

PS: I'd never thought I'd say that but, I'm missing my family a lot.

PPS: and there's nothing wrong with my hair though I could really use a comb!

#2585 06/06/03 09:34 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Dear Lois,
(I hope you allow me to call you with your first name)
we're all very happy to hear from you. It's too bad you couldn't give us more information.

OK maybe all this stuff about alternate universes, Superman etc. sounds weird - it is, after all. But I assure you that you can trust us. You don't know us, but no one of us would ever do you any harm. We all love you and we want to see you and Clark together.

my only problem now is to get out of this country I'm trapped in.
I think Superman could easily find you and take you away from there, if you could find a way to contact him - through this site, maybe? - and let him know exactly where you are. He'd take you back to Metropolis just in a blink. Right, Clark? wink
Oops... sorry Lois. I guess you don't want to leave behind your story. Still, Clark could give you a helping hand. Another Lois I know already knows how helpful a Clark Kent can be wink

OK we all hope we see you soon, away from trouble and with Clark by your side wink

AnnaBtG.(who thinks her admiration and love towards Lois and Clark are driving her insane)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard