Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Yay!! hyper

I'm curious how are going to handle this in a world where Superman is a comic character laugh

Jose clap

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Merriwether
Merriwether
*thud* You've posted! smile1 And a wonderful start it is! Yes, names are important.. he's not going with Kal King, is he? wink Can't wait to see the rest of this.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great to see you writng again, Pam, and this is off to very pleasant start thumbsup Maybe too pleasant? laugh The lull before the storm?

I notice Kal still has some of those patriarchal Kryptonian values - will that cause trouble down the road, I wonder.

Liked very much the bit about the unique bond that Kal feels with Lois.
But there had been a legend of an emotional bond that some couples formed ...... He tended to visualize it as a standing waterfall, with varying colors and intensities, but that didn't do it justice.
And great to see the reappearnce of Brenda and Francine - got such a kick out of them in HD. Hope they cause a bit of mayhem. laugh

Karen wrote:

Yes, names are important.. he's not going with Kal King, is he?
What about Kal Kong? laugh I mean, able to leap tall buildings....

Looking forward to the rest of your story.

c

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another of my fav authors continueing a good story! hyper hyper hyper hyper

Looking 4ward 2 reading this.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Merriwether
Merriwether
ARGHHHHHH! Cruel, cruel woman!

I should know better than to check the board just before I leave . . . I have no time to read it now!

*wanders off, muttering about evil people who post story parts so early in the day*

*returns*

Excellent! Well worth the wait. Starting off with a bang (several, actually)!

Um, since I had to wait all day to read part one, you aren't going to also make me wait a long time for part two, right?

Right?

Twinnie? *puppy eyes*

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Woohoo!! You're posting this at last! smile1

And this first section is so much fun! goofy There's all the discussion of what Kal likes to eat, his traditional habits, the concubine discussion, the return of 'sexist creep'... goofy So... what nsaty, evil things are in store for them? wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved "Hearts divided" and I'm ready for another great story! Thank you for posting it, Pam! smile1

simona smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It was everything I remembered the earlier story to be. laugh

Looking forward to more soon. Like maybe, tomorrow... peep

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, look, it's Hearts Untied...Sorry, couldn't help myself devil

Still killing me with the Poptarts and Mac 'n Cheese quote.

Still love that waterfall, too. The more I read it, the better I like it.

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great start. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Okay; this is a unique setup: A world where Superman is a comic book character is about to get its own Superman. I wonder how many people will be snooping around the Daily Planet looking for Clark Kent ...

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well I know what name thye will pick anyway<g> Cute idea. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
It's nice to see another story by Pam on the boards again.

The original obviously screamed for a sequel and, surprise!, here it is.

Looking forward to the twists that the unique setting is going to cause while trying to bring a comic book character to life.

Tank (who thinks that, at least with the history of the comic books, Superman will have a leg up on people accepting him)

Blogger
Blogger
Yes! This is awesome! I can't wait to see how Kal and Lois manage to make a comic book character reality. hyper

I love the originality of this and HD. Perry being a colonel, Lois a lieutenant and now a private investigator, and Clark (now Kal!) not even growing up on Earth - it's just so creative! I bow to your greatness. notworthy I look forward to the next 19 posts!

Jen

Wash: Everything looks good from here...Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... "This Land." I think we should call it "your grave!" Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh! Now die!
Top Banana
Top Banana
OMG! Yay! You posted!!! hyper

"It's just as well, really," she assured him. "I do *not* want to go through life as Lois Lewis.
ROTFL!! laugh

"Morning, Francine!" Brenda practically bounced into the theater's back office.
Oooh, yay, the girls are back!!!

Great first post, Pam. smile I love how Kal and Lois are close and comfortable with each other - even though she says in the begining that his presence will take some getting used to. And yay, they're getting married. smile smile smile (unless you'll be evil and give them trouble first, that is <g>)

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Yay, another Pam story! smile1

A wonderful start! goofy

I looking forward to reading more. I thoroughly enjoyed this. smile

Tricia cool

C
Kerth
Online Content
Kerth
C
I haven't read 'Hearts Divided' in a while but I really enjoyed the story and I loved the opening and the interaction between Lois and Kal and also how he wants to marry her. More soon please! clap clap clap

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm so pleased you guys like this -- I hope I can hold your interest!

I'm curious how are going to handle this in a world where Superman is a comic character
Jose, I'm curious about that myself laugh

Yes, names are important.. he's not going with Kal King, is he?
Err... no smile Honestly, that one never even occurred to me... but it's pretty funny now that you mention it, Karen goofy

this is off to very pleasant start Maybe too pleasant? The lull before the storm?
Carol, you're a wise woman. And that's all I'm sayin'.

Kal Kong? goofy

Oh, look, it's Hearts Untied!
lol, Rachel. Glad you like the pop-tarts -- and the waterfall. I wasn't really sure how that would go over... and thanks for all your help beta-reading this story!

Maria, I used "old partners" to refer to their work to bring down Nor. And Lois runs a private investigation agency now -- did I not make that plain? Eek...

How will they create Superman persona?
That is an excellent question. laugh

this is a unique setup: A world where Superman is a comic book character is about to get its own Superman. I wonder how many people will be snooping around the Daily Planet looking for Clark Kent ...
Probably quite a few... of course, they won't find anything there... Glad you're reading, Nan.

Well I know what name thye will pick anyway<g> Cute idea. Laura
Don't be so sure wink And thanks!

I can't wait to see how Kal and Lois manage to make a comic book character reality.
Me neither! I hope they're coming up with some *really* good ideas... goofy

I love the originality of this and HD. Perry being a colonel, Lois a lieutenant and now a private investigator, and Clark (now Kal!) not even growing up on Earth - it's just so creative!
Thanks, Jen. smile I like playing with universes.

I love how Kal and Lois are close and comfortable with each other - even though she says in the begining that his presence will take some getting used to.
Thanks, Julie <g> I couldn't really write them as being too awkward with each other, not after all they've been through.

And yay, they're getting married. (unless you'll be evil and give them trouble first, that is <g>)
Would I do that? angel-devil

I love Kal and Lois's interaction. I'm so glad Lois knows what Kal has given up for her. And yay! Brenda and Francine are back. They are such fun characters.
Thanks, Tricia smile And I figured that if I tried to write a sequel without Brenda and Francine, I'd get lynched... I didn't really need them, plot-wise, the way I did in the last story, but I like 'em, and they can be very useful on occasion!

I loved the opening and the interaction between Lois and Kal and also how he wants to marry her. More soon please!
Thanks, Crazy Babe. Congrats on your soccer team!

And now, I suppose I should post the next part, which should answer a few of the above questions...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard