Next Thread
Print Thread
#130494 02/24/06 09:04 AM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
In the series there is a Superman clone. In many fanfics there are clones of Superman.

In some fan fics there are offspring of Nor and his group.

Suppose the clone had fathered a child?

Even if the clone didn't live the child could be out there somewhere.

Framework4
#130495 02/24/06 11:35 AM
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
You know... I think I remember a story like this. I can't remember the author or title, but... I'll do a search and see what I come up with. smile

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
#130496 02/26/06 11:56 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Definitely let us know if you find something--I'm curious too. Sounds like an intriguing premise for a fic.

Lol, I suppose the title of the thread should be "clone offspring"--wonder if any of the mods would change it, or does the author of the thread have to request that? I came to look 'cause I couldn't figure out what "cone offspring" could be . . .

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
bump

Framework4
Kerth
Kerth
What if... "A Chip off the Old Clark" happened a couple of years later - and the boy was actually a son of the superman clone? peep

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
What if the clone was more suave when he went to Lois's place, and she didn't realize that he wasn't Superman until the next morning? Or, even more awkward, she doesn't realize until after the clone dies and she talks to Superman. Then the clone dies, and Lois is stuck with what is genetically Superman's baby but isn't actually his.

Would Clark tell Lois his secret identity and be the daddy? Would Superman try to be a father-figure? Would Clark, without telling her? Would he resent Lois or the baby (even if he tries not to resent the baby) for sleeping with the Clone and not realizing it wasn't him?

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
What if the clone was more suave when he went to Lois's place, and she didn't realize that he wasn't Superman until the next morning? Or, even more awkward, she doesn't realize until after the clone dies and she talks to Superman. Then the clone dies, and Lois is stuck with what is genetically Superman's baby but isn't actually his.

Would Clark tell Lois his secret identity and be the daddy? Would Superman try to be a father-figure? Would Clark, without telling her? Would he resent Lois or the baby (even if he tries not to resent the baby) for sleeping with the Clone and not realizing it wasn't him?

OOooooo... That's an intriguing premise. I can't write it, but I certainly see myself reading this kind of story MULTIPLE times. There's also room for a "Chip off the Old Clark" re-write in this too if you don't want to use Lois as the mother.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard