Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#25318 11/12/05 03:22 PM
Capes Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Oh how I have been waiting for this, on tenterhooks, with bated breath, on pins and needles...
This was unbelievable! Her life depended on the result of this blood test, and the hospital was making it impossible for her blood to be analysed!
Welcome to the world of HMOs razz
Medical treatment in Switzerland?
What IS it with that place! Such notoriety and so little basis in fact...although the cowbells are nice.

“Thanks, Lex.” Lois closed her eyes briefly. “I knew I could count on you.”
GRRRRRR. rotflol

“I’m Superman.”
About time!

Except that Superman still crouched in front of her in Clark’s clothes.
Don't let HIM hear you say that!

“Okay. Lex.” And she dialled.
And I say again: Grrrr wildguy

Great part! Hate Lex. Love Clark. Yeah Superman. Save Lois Lane.

That about sums it up.

**~~**

Swoosh --->
#25319 11/12/05 03:28 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Ooh, he told her!

Sorry to hear that Lex is getting involved, but maybe it's for the best. I don't know. You can be pretty devious, Wendy!

Great installment. I'm definitely looking forward to a lot more!

Irene smile

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
#25320 11/12/05 05:09 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great update, Wendy!!!

I sure hope this revelation hasn't taken a couple of hours off Lois' life. Of course this knowledge may make her more determined to live so she can kill him after it's all over!!! [Linked Image]

Waiting anxiously for more... [Linked Image]

Missy [Linked Image]

#25321 11/12/05 05:20 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
*shudder* I hadn't thought about Lex getting involved, and was appalled when he appeared in the story. Heh. But I can totally see the logic behind it. I just... am not a fan of the dude. *g*

Love that Clark has finally told her who he is and is ready to use his powers to help her. Very neat reaction from Lois, too. Clark's lucky she has other, more pressing concerns to deal with. goofy

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
#25322 11/12/05 05:37 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great part, Wendy! smile1

Sorry for the long delay to give my feedback to this wonderful story, but I'm eagerly reading every post!
I'm not so happy with involving Luthor too, but I know this will be important for the story, so I'm looking for the next parts!
Finally Clark said the "I'm Superman" magic words: now he'll be able to help her to his fullest capacities! But

The man she hadn’t known at all
This final line is scaring me!

Looking forwards your next chapter!

Simona smile

#25323 11/12/05 06:22 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh Wow! That was a great revalation Wendy. Poor Lois! It is bad enough that her time is almost up but now her head is spinning from Clark's Revelation. Boy I can't wait until they cure her so that she can give it to him later. Great job as usual Wendy. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#25324 11/12/05 06:52 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#25325 11/12/05 07:01 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is great. I'm glad that Clark told Lois that he is Supes but I'm not glad that Luthor is involved. I'll bet that he was already involved with poisoning Lois in the furst place. And Clark...such the wonderful person that he is...He's gonna come through for her! cat

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#25326 11/12/05 11:08 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Ack! I just adored this! Clark telling Lois aboud being Superman (about damn time!) Lois thinking that her faculties were failing her...imaginging "Superman" in Clark's clothing...the comment about Al Capone loving his mother (tee hee!) A little bit of humour, a good amount of agnst, the introduction of Lex Luther (whom I absolutely love as a villain) and you my dear have the perfect amount of ingredients for a brilliant fic which is shaping up nicely! More please! clap

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
#25327 11/12/05 11:14 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow! Yeah well, since it's first season, Lex had to be involved, I guess. razz Lex's anger at the poisoner and quick offer of help is very believable because in Lex's opinion, if and when anyone should get rid of Lois Lane, it will be *him*. laugh

I think it was as good a time as any for Clark to come clean with his monlighting and Lois' swaying between hurt betrayal and desperate urgency was superbly depicted. Now Lois can't accuse Clark of witholding something while Lex opened gates, :p

But maybe Lex and Superman can work together to find a cure while Clark comforts Lois? After all it seems that Lois might like to still seek solace in *Clark's* arms wink

~Ankit wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#25328 11/13/05 05:08 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Lot's of things in this part W!! hyper

I wonder if Luthor is behind this clap

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#25329 11/13/05 06:40 AM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
I'm so happy Clark finally told the truth to Lois. No more lies. That was a great revelation. I particularly loved the description of the disbelief of Lois who think she's crazy.

I hope that, even if Lex isn't involved in the poisoning of Lois in the first place, he won't keep for himself the informations about the poison. That could be a good weapon against his enemies, and they are giving it to him. Argh! I understand they have to do so, but give hime that sort of poison, it's a bad idea.

Go on, Wendy. I'm waiting to see what will happen next. Your story is really great.

#25330 11/13/05 09:46 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh, somehow I hadn't expected to see this today...

I'd say the mess at the hospital lab was unbelievable, but I've had some similar (if smaller scale!) experience with my local hospital... I ended up going directly to the independent lab, but Lois's sample has already been taken, which only complicates things...

It's good to get some use out of Lex. He may only give a damn about one or two people, but for those, the world is their oyster.

Superman. Why hadn’t it occurred to him before?
'cause you're a moron? goofy Or possibly because you've been short on sleep, busy with other details, and needing every shred of self-control you've got to keep from going insane?

There’d been the small matter of her crush on the Spandex, apart from anything else.
I like that phrasing -- "crush on the Spandex" -- that encapsulates it so well, at least from Clark's point of view. She's fixated on an empty suit.

Clark hunkered down so that his face was level with hers, and with his free hand he pulled off his glasses. “I’m Superman.”
Whee! Even though I've been rooting for this, I was still taken by surprise. It must have really been hard for you to forgo the usual four pages of angst wink

Her body - her nervous system - was already giving up on her.

It had to be. Otherwise she’d just have heard Clark tell her that he was Superman. And that couldn’t be true. Right?
And *that* reaction is classic. Denial, meet desperate fear of losing one's faculties. I'm sure you'll get along great.

She looked up at the note of impatience in Clark’s voice, and saw him frowning at her. He was wearing his glasses again and, as he gave her a ‘get on with it’ wave of his hand, he seemed so familiar again. Her partner. The guy she worked with eight, ten, sometimes twelve hours a day. The person she thought she’d known better than anyone.

The man she hadn’t known at all.
Well, it'll give her something interesting to contemplate... distract her from that whole "impending neurological collapse and death" thing...

This is moving along very nicely, Wendy! So, how many parts have you got written so far, and is Lois dead yet? goofy

Let's hope not...

PJ
Al Capone? I should have known you couldn't go a whole story without referring to TOGOM! rotflol

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#25331 11/13/05 03:39 PM
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Wendy, please don't let ML influence you in your use of Lex in this story. She makes him put Lois and Clark in horrible situations, and Lois only has...how many more hours to live? Please, just let her use the lab.

Having sat in an ER yesterday for 13 hours (nothing serious) I can attest to the frustration one feels when labs and doctors are caught up in their own bureaucracy (sp?) things. goofy

gerry

#25332 11/13/05 05:56 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, this is so good!! And you sort of snuck that revelation in there, didn't you? After Clark's decision earlier that he'd tell her if it got to be too late to avoid damage (or death whinging ) I sure didn't expect that he'd just up and tell her.

And yet - how could he not? This isn't about him, it's about using every resource they have to fix this before it's too late. I, too, don't like Lex at all and don't like to see him involved, but these two - Lois and Clark - are smart. They're doing an end-run around the completely normal lab situation.

That's how it really is. You just can't get a lab test as fast as they're expecting. Even the doctor, no matter what he or she may say, has no control over lab staff shortages and backlogs. Even 'expedited' rarely means hours - it usually means exactly what the lab worker told Lois - you get to the front of the line but it'll still take a few days. Days they just don't have.

From Lois's point of view, Lex is a powerful and rich man who can pull strings. Why not use him? Clark has inside knowledge of the man's true nature, but again, why not use him? No matter how much you don't want to. And I agree - this isn't Lex. Not his style.

However angry about Clark's deception Lois might normally be, she has been showing so far that she needs him, needs his support. She's going to quickly look past the Superman stuff, I think, because she needs her friend Clark more than she needs Superman. That is, she needs Superman for his special abilities that might help solve this - but she needs Clark to help her continue to be strong through this whole thing. Again - whinging

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#25333 11/13/05 07:00 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay, Wendy!

I just finally caught up on this story, and I'm really enjoying it! I'm glad you put a revelation in there... if there's any chance this could be the last day of Lois's life, I knew Clark would realize he had to tell her. Even if it would make his life miserable if she *does* live past today.

I'm very interested in the use of Luthor here. I really liked that Al Capone quote, because I have always thought that Luthor did actually love Lois--even though he didn't know her. I feel sure that he wasn't the person who came into her room and injected her... but at the same time, I could imagine somebody who was connected to Luthor doing it, because he felt that Luthor's love for Lois Lane was distracting him, and that she might get too close to Luthor and find out the truth about him. Something of that sort. At the same time, though, not every bad guy in the city has to be connected to Luthor, and Lois *has* made lots of enemies. So Luthor might truly want to help her, and he *does* have the resources. As long as he does really use those resources to help her and not hinder her finding the cure!

I can't wait to read the next part! Post more!

#25334 11/13/05 07:36 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Whee! Lots and lots of stuff happening in this part! goofy

And you just know there will be an epilogue where Lois tears a few chunks out of Clark's invulnerable hide once the whole dying thing is taken care of. wink

Bring on the next part! laugh

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#25335 11/13/05 08:41 PM
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
If this is what they meant by 'no rest for the wicked'... well then... devil

Didn’t the hospital understand that this was an emergency? A genuine life and death situation?
No, hospitals have no experience with those. <g>

Very nice place to pick up the story, Wendy. Yes, unplanned, but... still, very nicely executed.

For her next trick, Wendy will write while performing and double somersault backwards on a bmx...

“Wait a minute... you’re a patient?”
Okay, absolutely love that! I can *taste* the incredulous bite in their voice! Fantastic, Wendy!

At the rate this was going, by the time Dr Sutton had her test results she’d be six feet under.
The power of science will save you! The power of science will save you! The power of sci... back logged? Oh, sh...ugar. Sorry. Better luck in the next life! <g>

Love this, Wendy. Very, very nice little twist! I wonder where it's leading... <g>

“Sorry I took so long. One of Henderson’s guys wanted to ask me about Barbara Trevino.”
Oooh, that dirty liar! <g>

“Lois, my dear, that’s appalling!” He sounded utterly shocked, which was... nice. Reassuring. Even if she needed action from him rather than sympathy.
Oooh!

I absolutely love that! Simply adore it! That Luthor was shocked, which is actually very in character for him, but mostly, I love that Lois found that reassuring. That she's finding comfort in the fact that people will miss her. That her friends will miss her. That's... fantastic, Wendy. Not to mention the fact that you make it possible for us to put aside what we think of Luthor, knowing what kind of person he is, and see him through Lois's eyes. As a worried friend. Which, for me, is a big deal. <g>

He stepped towards her and began to massage the muscles gently. “Oh, that’s good,” she murmured.
That's... incredibly interesting. I don't know if you meant to draw that parallel between Clark and Lex, but I'm going to assume you did and praise you for a job well done. I absolutely love that. Lex, her friend, is able to provide the lab for her blood test. Clark, her friend, is there to rub her neck and provide security. And... there's no doubt in my mind about which is the bigger favour.

Oooh... I love the lead up to this...

The revelation!!

Alls I can say is, har! It's about time, Clark!

I'm fairly sure everybody has mentioned my favourite parts, but... God. I *love* the way Lois reacts. She just... overloads. Shuts down. Fan-bloody-tastic!

Superman was... well, Superman! And Clark was... Clark. Different guys. Different names. Different... well, just different. Totally different!
Absolutely adore that! Because... it's *so* true! Clark and Superman were different people. Of course they were. She'd known them both for ages. To think otherwise would be crazy. And... so, she must be going crazy to imagine Clark saying he's Superman, and... and... wow. <g>

“Lois, I didn’t tell anyone! You’re the smartest woman - smartest person - I know. You of all people have to be able to figure out why I don’t tell people about this.”
Holy hell, Wendy! This is going down as one of my all time favourite revelations. About anything. Ever. It's... absolutely perfect. How I always imagined the revelation should go.

Golly, Wendy. This was... amazing. <g>

Dave (off to revel in that revelation some more...)

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
#25336 11/14/05 09:17 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! I did not see that coming! Such a nice surprise! I didn't even notice how my shoulders tense up when I read this story until I read his revelation and my whole body just relaxed... but it then got tense again, because with revelations, we have reactions. Hers was priceless and so heartbreaking; she's so scared and nervous about what is happening with her that at such a shocking revelation, she immediately doubts her sanity. Love it! laugh It also, obviously, speaks volumes for her trust in Clark being just Clark, being honest and being exactly who she thought he was. thumbsup

She swallowed suddenly. Was Superman going to be able to save her life this time?
I love this. To her, Clark is so ordinary and human, that finding out that *he* is her hero, she suddenly isn't viewing Superman as the indomitable Man of Steel, who would normally make her think he would always find a way. Always manage to save her. Her faith in him has now been shaken, because he's her partner and her friend... and he's from *Smallville*! In her mind Superman would come in and save the day. Easy. Even with a situation like this, she'd still have those strong feelings of faith in that. In him. But CLARK. He's Clark. Can *he* save her? She just isn't so sure, and it's understandable. Not that he's not a hero in his own right, but to her, it's so different. In so few words, you show her clear mental separation of the two.

I can't wait for Clark to prove to her how much of a hero he really is. (I am assuming he will prove this????)

“Lois.”

She looked up at the note of impatience in Clark’s voice, and saw him frowning at her. He was wearing his glasses again and, as he gave her a ‘get on with it’ wave of his hand, he seemed so familiar again. Her partner. The guy she worked with eight, ten, sometimes twelve hours a day.
I love this. He really is Clark Kent. Her partner and friend, and at this moment, I love how that is shown. She can see that while a lot has changed, *he* hasn't changed, that who he has shown her is the man he really is. Just hiding a secret wink

The person she thought she’d known better than anyone.

The man she hadn’t known at all.
I love this. Her realizing how much more there has always been to Clark that she just never saw. Never looked for. Never noticed. It's worded so perfectly!

Wendy, this part, like all the others, was fantastic! I think this one was my favorite, and now that she knows the secret, I feel like this story is being propelled in another exciting direction, as the day moves quickly forward and she knows this wonderful piece of information and witnesses super things first hand, and works toward this goal of saving her life! If I haven't said it before, the idea behind this story is brilliant and I get so excited every time I see a new part posted!!

And I *knew* you'd have him reveal his secret! I totally knew it! I did. Honestly! laugh Okay, I wasn't always 100%, but who is?

Can't wait for the next part! smile smile

~NICOLE

#25337 11/14/05 09:58 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wendy, due to some colossal twist of fate [I swear those last three words were unintentional, and I would delete them except I thought they would amuse you (g)] I managed to completely and utterly miss the fact that you're posting a new story!! mad I'm *so* angry with myself, and as soon as I found out I hastened to read.

In the words of Julia Roberts. Big mistake. Big. Huge. I really love angst, I don't know if anybody noticed, most days I have it pouring out my ears goofy but I really think you may have killed me this time whinging whinging

I don't want to clog up your comments folder by catching up with the five parts I managed to stupidly miss :rolleyes: so I'm just going to point out one thing -

It was happening already.

Her body - her nervous system - was already giving up on her.

It had to be. Otherwise she’d just have heard Clark tell her that he was Superman.
Maybe I really am evil after all, because... um... even in the middle of all this beautiful-horrible-makes-tears-well-up-in-my-eyes-you're-MEAN angst, I was rolling around at this rotflol

So, ahm... if I were to... mistakenly send a package of Curlywurlies to the wrong address in Canada *cough*... would you make Lois better then...? Please? frown

What if I asked in Irish? Would that help?

I absolutely adore this - you've got me completely and utterly hooked. More!!!!!!! Soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wildguy

Sara smile

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard