Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And, of course, there's the precedent of him daydreaming about them having dinner together and Lois telling him to stop faffing about and get on with it (or words to that effect <g>) in...er...was it Phoenix? I know, I know, I should be ashamed of not knowing this. blush

From there - and just knowing Clark's character, plus that line that Pam quotes, which is rather telling <g> - it's easy to extrapolate, I think, that he probably does a lot of fantasizing about Lois in his spare time. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh wow you see, I thought maybe you shifted Clark's time frame too! I was thinking wow, this is a great premis but then I thought you added in a layer of Clark, being the married Clark, going back in time because of the asteroid. I thought this Clark was not only the Clark from the present but also the Clark from the future. Wow I really had things messed up for him! LOL! So when you said he remembered that she was his wife and he remembered making love, I was thinking that he was Clark future with amnesia in the past! Oy! So now after reading the comments, it is very possible that he is the present Clark with amnesia and delusions brought on by his feelings and daydreams. Ok, I guess I will just have to see which Clark he is. Anyway, great job David, more soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This is so original! I think it's a wonderful idea, taking Clark's confusion and having him recall bits and pieces of fantasies and daydreams and drawing just the cutest, sweetest, most naively hopeful conclusions from them. I, too, am dying to see how Lois reacts to learning Clark's assumptions. And him believing he's cheating on her. He has no memory of who he is, but he's learning that he was a man who is not as morally sound as he would no doubt like to think he is. And he'll no doubt want to make some kind of change, and become a better husband, right those wrongs, make a fresh start, a new beginning... laugh

I cannot wait to see where you take this.

I love the writing style too. I agree that you capture those feelings of confusion and fear, uncertainty and being lost so well. Especially with lines like this, which are so clear and direct, and (as others have said), just layered with so much more, enveloping so much more in the words...
Yeah, he was fine.

Or he would be, if not for the niggling feeling in the back of his head... he knew he had to be somewhere. Somewhere important. Doing something important. He just... he couldn’t remember what that was or where he was supposed to be.
And right from the beginning, when he realizes he knows what a chair is (someone else had quoted that above), is so poignant, because it shows his frustration. He can remember things that have nothing to do with who he is. Things that occupy the world that he dealt with all the time. But he can't remember his own name!

Now he still has to learn that he's the missing superhero, and I can't wait to see how you'll do that. If you'll do it like on the show w/ his parents, or instead in your own way, which will no doubt be just ingenius!

Oh, and PERFECT title for this!

Eagerly awaiting more!!! smile smile smile

~NICOLE

Features Writer
Features Writer
That all assumes that it really is a series of dreams, and this isn't an amnesiatic Clark from the future.

This is really good, Dave. Of course, it's all a conspiracy...a conspiracy I tell you! wink

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OMG DAVE! laugh

This is sooo good I love it!

~Lois Lane Wanna Be (who will have more in depth comments for part 2 wink )

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Wonderful, wonderful, absolutely wonderful!!

I must admit, the memories of wedding, lovemaking and a pregnancy had me a bit baffled. Dreams... of course. Makes sense.

I love the writing, the idea, the whole thing, and I want to see more soon... very soon... like... TOMORROW!!! (No! Make that... TODAY!!!) wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
[Linked Image]

What a great premise, Dave!! hyper

I just love the start to this story!! Poor sweet Clark. I really hope Lois puts Cat in her place soon!!

Can't wait for more!! [Linked Image]

Missy [Linked Image]

Top Banana
Top Banana
So much hype about this story and all I can say is...It was all worth it! This is awesome David and I agree with all of the other previous comments. This is very original and well set up. Please don't torture us and make us wait long! cat

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
whinging

DAVID!!!!!!!!!! notworthy notworthy notworthy

I will no longer thwap you in IRC.

much.

Unless you make me wait too long for part 2. wildguy

~•~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a way to start a story, David!!!!!!!!! I love it! thumbsup Can't wait to see how things will go between the two of them...

Post again soon! hyper

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Dave

WOW, WOW, WOW! This is fabulous. smile1 Please psot the next part soon.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Man, I'm clearly late for the FDK party! goofy This is such a neat idea for a story, David! I could definitely feel Clark's frustration in the beginnning. And then when he "remembered" Lois was his wife, omg, I totally clapped my hands over my face in....well I don't know. It was funny and not funny at the same time. It definitely makes sense if all Clark remembers are his and Lois' kissing escapades which have started to accumulate in numbers! And then for him to think he was having an affair with Cat...well the whole plot is great so far! I can't wait to find out what happens when and if Lois finds out what he "remembers."

Great start!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Well... *ahem*. Holy freakin' cow is right. <g>

I can honestly say I never expected this kind of response. So... wow. Thank you. Everyone who took the time to read and comment.

I'm not quite sure how I should respond... I guess I'm sort of blown away. I honestly expected about 5 replies, and half of those to say 'huh?'. <g>

So... I guess I'll start with the questions that came up.

Jeff: Glad you found the story interesting, but I'm sorry my vagueness pulled you out. I probably should have mentioned something in my author's notes, but... I didn't want to spoil the surprise. wink

Anyway, no, the dreams weren't shown in the series. The "memories" Clark has are a mix of real events that happened in the series and his fantasies. Like Pam and Rat pointed out, the fantasies were extrapolations of some of the lines in the show. Mostly the line from the pilot where Clark and his father are talking and Clark says something to the effect of wanting to be normal - "Being human. Like you and Mom. Living, working, meeting someone... having a family."

And... actually, the baby thing is an interesting point. I hadn't written that in, since I wasn't sure how Clark could hover without giving things away, but... I may need to do some revision before this is submitted to the archive. smile

Laura: No, I hadn't switched Clarks, but I did think about setting ASU in season two. I ended up deciding that two dramatic changes - the time shift and the false memories - might be too many variables, and so I only shuffled the timeline slightly. I would like to see that story though, if anybody is interested. <g>

Originally posted by LabRat:
PS - Forgot - love the title!
I should point out that credit for the title goes to Madam Kraft. <g>

Originally posted by mr_d8a:
David, your slipping over to the dark side! What dark side you ask? It's called We Who Torture Clark Kent For FUN or WWTCKFF, for short!!!
When was I ever on the waffy side? devil

Originally posted by Sheila:
So much hype about this story and all I can say is...It was all worth it!
There was hype about this story? I guess I missed that. wink

But I'm glad it meets expectations. smile

Jen...

And then when he "remembered" Lois was his wife, omg, I totally clapped my hands over my face in....well I don't know. It was funny and not funny at the same time.
That made my whole weekend. <g>

Originally posted by daneel:
Woot!! I hope you have a long buffer wink
Actually... I don't. <g> This will probably be a short story, but that leads me to...

Posting schedule - I was thinking... once a week. Maybe more. It depends on how fast I manage to write.

To everyone who posted a comment, Wendy, Janet, Rachel, Nicole, Pam, Mary, Missy, Sara (I love you too wink )... just... if I said everything I wanted to say, I'd be here all day. Your FDK means a lot, and... yes, thank you.

Dave (who'll be putting up part 2 in a little while).

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard