Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#25141 11/03/05 06:08 PM
Capes Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
The tension is killing me.

Now that I know how to use quotes, be prepared.

He shaved faster than normal, too, collecting a couple of heat-burns as a consequence.
Wow, he's so upset he's burning himself.

If, by the time Dr Sutton confirmed that it was too late to save Lois, they hadn’t found the cure, he’d tell her everything. At least then that would be one regret he wouldn’t have.
Can't wait to see where this goes.

And, walking out to her car, her hand stayed in his.
So sweet.

Time was slipping away, far too quickly for his comfort.
mecry

This is so hard to handle!

**~~**

Swoosh --->
#25142 11/03/05 06:25 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's all good, Wendy... poor Lois! But my personal favorite was this line:

His gaze held hers as securely as his hand did.
That just gave me a WAFFy moment smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#25143 11/03/05 07:26 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Interestingly, even though nothing actually happened, this was possibly my favorite section yet.

You really do know how to set a mood, Wendy! thumbsup

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#25144 11/03/05 08:06 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah but it was way too short for me<g> I'm greedy and want more! But what was there left my heart in my throat. More soon Wendy. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#25145 11/03/05 08:09 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This story is breaking my heart bit by tiny bit. I especially loved this section, definitely my favourite yet. The tension is very palpable and I'm enjoying the ride so far. Thanks, Wendy.

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
#25146 11/04/05 12:05 AM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
the same for me. you're broking my heart with your story, wendy.

Time was slipping away, far too quickly for his comfort.
mecry mecry

#25147 11/04/05 03:29 AM
Columnist
Columnist
You're doing a great job of maintaining tension in this, Wendy.

Good work!

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
#25148 11/04/05 04:19 AM
Kerth
Kerth
You know... this guy is a mystery wink

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#25149 11/04/05 05:49 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
My favorite part was also the hand holding. Very nice!

And yes. No more wallowing. There's work to be done!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#25150 11/04/05 06:03 AM
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Although I found the hand holding moving, what struck me was the dialogue between the two. Simple. To the point.

“Clark?”
“Yeah?” He didn’t release her hand, and she didn’t pull back either.
“Don’t leave me alone today?”
and then...
“Of course I won’t, Lois.”
“No running off? No sudden impulse to pick up a candy bar or talk to some source I know nothing about?”
That little bit of humour was so poignant and said so much about their relationship in the past.

gerry

#25151 11/04/05 07:52 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You can't leave it like this now Wendy ... this suspense is almost killing me! So intense, so heartwrenching, so amazing! I can feel the tension, the fear, the urgency. I couldn't hold the tears back reading this! Dare I say, Wendy you just get better and better! When are you posting part 5??????? wildguy

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
#25152 11/04/05 09:03 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wendy, FANTASTIC! laugh

He’d always miss her. Always love her. Always hate that he hadn’t been able to save her. The guilt would haunt him for the rest of his life.

But what else would haunt him? What other regrets?
Too many to think about at this point in the day... blush They need to save her already, and then take a big lesson from the day and talk about their feelings and tell each other their secrets. I mean, honestly! goofy

On the other hand... would he regret not telling her?
Ummm... YES!!!!! This is Clark we're talking about! He obsesses and always thinks that he could have done something differently and it would have been better. He tears himself apart all the time!

Sorry if I seem volatile... I'm just really involved, here. I love this!

And I can't wait for more! Thank you for not making us wait too long for Part 4! It was VERY appreciated (hint hint, nudge nudge, wink wink!) wink

~NICOLE

#25153 11/04/05 09:25 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#25154 11/04/05 01:48 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Sorry, I can't stick around to say much, but I just wanted to say I caught up w/ this story last night and I love how it is going.

I could feel the tears yelling to come out, yet they wouldn't budge. Why? The suspense was holding them back. It was awesome.

I like how you end each part. It keeps me wanting for more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#25155 11/04/05 03:06 PM
Kerth
Kerth
So much to love in this part! Descriptive mood and palpable tension - you sure know how to make your readers desperate for more! thumbsup Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
#25156 11/04/05 04:11 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'll say it again...why not just post the other finished parts and not make us suffer. This is great! Lois is showing her feelings for Clark and doesn't even know it. Please post more soon! notworthy

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#25157 11/04/05 05:49 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I fully agree with all that has been said so far. This is a wonderful story Wendy, and I just had to comment on this:
Lois was dying. By this time tomorrow, she could be cold and still, laid out on some mortuary slab. Or on a pathologist’s table, being sliced open bit by bit so that medical science could discover what had killed her.
It is such a vivid and chilling image. Well done.

I can't wait to see how this develops. Will the villain turn out to be someone we have seen in the series? Someone completely new? Will the motive be related to a story Lois had worked on, or something from her personal life?

Eagerly looking forward to future parts.

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"
#25158 11/05/05 02:36 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Wow...phenominal yet again. I've come to the conclusion that you want us to suffer...that's why the cliffhangers....it has to be wink He he! Seriously this is a fantastic story. The suspense, emotion, characterization, dialogue...everything is in perfect balance so that it's not too heavy or too light at any one time...I'm waiting avidly on the edge of my seat for more. notworthy

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
#25159 11/05/05 06:46 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm with the others on this part - it's fantastic! The tension is extremely high, and the waffy parts are just heart-melting.

I, too, found the part where Clark acknowledges that Lois could be dead at this time tomorrow to be particularly vivid.

And this:
It was like those truth or dare games he’d played with friends in college. If you had just twenty-four hours to live, what would you do?

Several of the guys had focused on dare-devil things. Excitement. Thrill-seeking. One or two had mentioned sex. The women had tended to focus on emotions - telling people they cared about that they loved them, resolving old wounds, revealing hidden feelings. Maybe experiencing intimacy for the first time with the person they loved.
was particularly effective for me, because many people do pose hypothetical questions like this to each other. And the answers are much as you describe. But everybody always knows these are hypothetical questions, not real situations. Nobody expects that it would ever be a real situation.

But here both Lois and Clark are, living this question with no apparent way to stop playing the game.

“Don’t leave me alone today?”
“Of course I won’t, Lois.”

“No running off? No sudden impulse to pick up a candy bar or talk to some source I know nothing about?”

His gaze held hers as securely as his hand did. “I promise.”
Yes, but what if?? What if he's needed?! thumbsup Very mush-inducing! I loved this.

I'll add my voice to the others - more! More! More!

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#25160 11/05/05 08:15 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

This is superb. smile1

Tricia cool

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard