Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
N
ErinK made a request for a video to Mat Kearney's song, "New York to California" a little while ago in the video request thread, and I said I would give it a shot. Here is my effort: hope you enjoy!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nora, I LOVED this!!! The lyrics in this were tricky in places, but you matched them up perfectly! I was especially impressed with your scene choice of Lois up on the stage singing during the lyrics "there's a picture of a Hollywood sign reflecting off your skin"... Nicely done!

This was very sweet and tender and altogether touching. Lots of thumbs up from me! THANK YOU! I loved this!! clap clap clap

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ohh, that was nice. Slow songs are hard to do, but you did a great job with this one. Not only were your transitions nice, but I like how you used some of the less common clips in the video. A definite thumbs up! thumbsup

(And Erin, the song makes me think of your fic, "The Long Road Home". I don't know if that's where your mind went when you heard it, but I think this could be a nice theme song for your story. smile )

Kathy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by KathyB:
(And Erin, the song makes me think of your fic, "The Long Road Home". I don't know if that's where your mind went when you heard it, but I think this could be a nice theme song for your story. smile )
Ooh, I have a theme song! Cool! dance I hadn't thought about that, Kathy, but when I rewatched it, I could see how you could think that--the whole east to west coast thing. Neat!!

Nora, the more times I watch this, the more and more I'm impressed with how lovely this MV really is. And how on earth did you do it so quickly?? I'm in awe of your talent. Seriously.

Thanks again!

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
N
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Thank you so much, ErinK and KathyB, for the very kind words. I'm so happy that you enjoyed it, and ErinK, I'm glad that it lived up to your enjoyment of the song. To answer your question about speed in putting this together, basically it went more quickly because I didn't use a lot of quick cuts and ultra-short clips (which take extra time to insert and also flummox my primitive video editor).

Also, even though I have been vidding again recently, I haven't read fanfic in a few years, so I will probably need to check out "The Long Road Home" soon (after I finish moving ... always fun). smile

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard