K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Congratulations on posting your first story, Poussin!! goofy

I'm really impressed with the level of English you have for teaching it to yourself! notworthy And not to mention, you've got a really cute idea for a story. Can't wait to see more!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Good idea. I am curious to see where this goes. smile

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Interesting turn...more soon! smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I too thought the turn was interesting smile Well, now I'm interested. The idea is really sweet!! Okay, MORE please!! wink

~NICOLE

A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
Good story!

As an English-speaker who's done his share of French-speaking, I'd be happy to help if you need. My French is a bit rusty and could use a workout.

One difference that I noticed wasn't always consistent: En français, les adjectifs possessifs ont le genre de ce qui est possédé; en anglais, ils ont le genre de celui qui possède. C'est-à-dire, "Lois et son fils," mais "Lois and her son."

Bonne début!

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Nice start! Looking forward to reading more.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Kerth
Kerth
Fun story...I'm waiting for the next post! Your English is much better than my French, which at this point doesn't amount to much more than "Vive l'Empereur!" smile Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Columnist
Columnist
I read your story and really enjoyed it. I think it's very impressive the grasp you have over the English language...especially if you're self taught. I went through years of French in elementary and high school and I totally suck at it, so anybody who can learn another language, especially on their own has my admiration. That said, there are some grammar problems and whatnot (obviously) but they don't really hinder the enjoyment of the story (and it is very good). If I wasn't a student I would offer to beta for you, but as it is I just don't have the time. Awesome job on your first fic and I hope to see more smile

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Poussin, congratulations on posting your first fic! smile1

Tricia cool

P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Thank you all for your feedbacks. I'm really glad you liked it. I was very nervous. I still am about the two next part.

I know that I have many problems with grammar, particularly with the verbs. I'm working on it, and that will probably improve in few months. Until then, thank you for being so understanding. You're great.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Interesting start. smile1

MAF thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard