Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C_A Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
My first FFT and I picked Sue's Faustian Bargain to practice on. Hope you don't mind smile . It's my way of saying thank you for 1) your excellent stories and 2) your feedback on my videos, which always gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Hope you enjoy.

Faustian Bargain FFT

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh yeah!!! Another trailer! And by C_A too!!!

You know I love your vids...

This was totally awesome. You have to tell me sometime how to get the voice clips in there from "different" scenes and overlay them. I would love to know how to do that, and I don't. (I use Windows Movie Maker).

I loved that you used the scene from Contact where Superman was picking Lois up off the ground. I had originally planned to use that one too and then forgot about it... when I finally remembered it again, mine was too done and it would have thrown the timing off... so I'm glad you used it!

This was great and it's so nice that Sue has 2 trailers! (First trailers for both of us - hee hee)

Loved it C_A! thumbsup

MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Kerth
Kerth
Hope you don't mind.
Mind? Did you think I would mind? Oh my gosh! I couldn't believe it when I saw that you had made me a FFT. In fact, I actually squealed out loud the words, "Holy crap!"

I had to watch it at least three or four times, just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. As always, your use of scenes and music just blows me away. Who sings the song at the end? That was an amazingly perfect fit for the story.

I'd say more, but just this much has been a struggle since I'm so beside myself that my fingers are shaking when I try to type. Thanks, C_A, from the bottom of my heart. This was completely unexpected and absolutely thrilling. Now who has that warm and fuzzy feeling in the pit of her stomach? Me! That's who!

Sue smile1

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
C_A Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Dropping in real quick:

This was totally awesome. You have to tell me sometime how to get the voice clips in there from "different" scenes and overlay them.
Just sent you a PM on that, DJ. Glad you liked it. I watched yours and adored it. While I was reading the story, the scene from Phoenix popped into my head, but I purposely didn't use it in my FFT because you already had and I didn't want to take away from the uniqueness of it in your trailer. I got to use the scene from Contact instead wink .

I had to watch it at least three or four times, just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. As always, your use of scenes and music just blows me away. Who sings the song at the end? That was an amazingly perfect fit for the story.
I'm so glad you liked it, Sue. The music wasn't the most difficult part. I had the hardest time coming up with appropriate flash cards goofy . The song at the end is "Collide" by Dishwalla. It's one of my favorite songs of all time and I've been dying to use it in a vid, but I found it impossible to use for a MV. As I was reading your story, I had it on in the background and it just clicked.

(In case anyone's curious, the instrumental music is "Estremoz" by ES Posthumus.)

Fanfic | MVs

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Holy freakin' cow! That was fantastic. I hope you have plans to do more for some other stories.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, I loved DJ's because it made me think of all the wondeful scenes and because she did such a nice job trying to include a lot of the story...

But yours... yours gave me chills and made me want to read it over again! The music was well chosen and you did such a great job of drawing people in to what you were trying to do (which is get them to read Sue's story). Wow! Thanks for making this cause I loved it.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
C_A Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks, MrsMosley and jojo_da_crow. Glad you liked it. I have no idea if I'll be making more FFTs in the future. I guess it all depends on whether the muse cooperates wink .

Fanfic | MVs

Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow!!! I like the white background with the black lettering. I have not played with my video stuff in about three years. I wish I knew how to make it smooth like that.

Excellent!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great Vid.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The author must have done something right when more than one appears wink

Well done! I hope that muse comes back to you ASAP smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Columnist
Columnist
Oh my. That is wonderful!
I've already watched it over and over and over again. I'm looking forward to more of your work!

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard