Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#243822 03/01/06 10:41 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Heya Guys and Gals!

I have a new vid for you all today! This little vid is set in early S3 and it's centered on the breakup Arc. In all honesty, I'm not sure that I'm completely satisfied with it but then again how many vidders out there think they nailed it EVERY time?! Anyhoo...please take a look see and leave me a word or two...comments, criticisms...all are welcome, and helpful too!

Music is by: The Backstreet Boys
Title: Crawling Back to You

Crawling Back To You

Talk to you all later!
Steph

Clark: There's no such word as chumpy.
Lois: Sure there is. Someone's a chump, therefore he's chumpy!"
Clark: Try again.
Lois: Are you challenging me?
Clark: You bet your sweet little chumpy I am!
Columnist
Columnist
thumbsup

Rach laugh

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm VERY impressed!

This is now my favorite music vid you've made!! The editing was amazing! And the clips worked so perfectly with the lyrics!

It was heart wrenching, and just so true to the story line at that time.

This was a surprise well done!! I'm glad I waited! laugh laugh laugh

This vid shows how talented you truly are. And I'm very VERY proud of you.

I'm anxious to see your next music video!

Later Days!
Andie clap

Am I gay? I'm ECSTATIC!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Weisz and Rae for the Rockin Icon.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ok, this is hard for me to say, but I cannot remember the story line those scenes came from. Some of the scenes look familiar, but at this moment I am having trouble placing the storyline. Anyone feel free to help me out!!

About the video itself. In terms of production it was well put together. Like the others have said the transitions were nice, the scenes fit in with the lyrics and so on. Everything that you have control of was well done. Here is where the BUT comes in...because I cannot place the storyline I do not have the same emotional reactions as the rest. Hopefully with some assistance in triggering my memory I will beable to re-watch it and have that same emotional reaction. Unfortunately for the time being, I am going to have to just say the video was ok. That connection is important for me, and without it a video just does not hit home with me.

Please understand what I am trying to say here and do not take insult. Your video was a job well done. I am looking forward to re-watching the video, once some information is provided on the context. Also looking forward to more videos from you.

Thanks, Judy
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Andie and Rach...you guys just crack me up! LOL Rach, I promise I'm working my way toward my first evil vid...in the meantime, its all fluff. Until of course we collaborate on something we can all put our names to laugh

To Judy--Don't worry, I didn't take any offense at your comments wink I can completely understand where you're coming from. And also you make an excellent point...connecting to any vid is a huge part of the experience in my opinion too. So let me try and refresh your memory (as well as anyone else who needs refreshing) about the storyline a bit...

Okay, this vid encompasses episodes in early Season 3, in particular Contact, WIEAK, and Just Say Noah, wherein Clark and Lois were "separated". If you recall Clark had begun to fear that his being with Lois put her at greater risk because of her connection to Superman. In Contact he even told her that they're being together was harder than he ever thought it would be (alluding of course to their protecting his secret from the bad guys). It was at the end of that episode, after Lois was knocked unconscious during their capture of Fences, that Clark as Superman told her that "they just couldn't be together anymore". --It broke her heart.

In WIEAK they mutually dealt with the jealousy issues that arose when each of them had other potential love connections. They of course still loved each other, and as a result were having to deal with being apart but desperately wanting more. It was at the end of THAT episode that this vid is based, when Clark visited Lois's apartment and told her that he'd realized what a mistake he'd made in separating them. He confessed his complete love for her and kissed her...she however told him that he couldn't change his mind so easily and expect that she'd fall willingly BACK into his arms. She blocked his attempt to reunite them because he'd broken her heart, and "she didn't think she would [survive] it [if he did it] again." Clark left dejectedly.

And lastly, it was in Just Say Noah that they were FINALLY reunited. LnC were sent undercover posing as a troubled married couple in counseling at the Larry Smiley Institute. It was there that they had it all out, and she confessed that she trusted and respected Clark more than anyone, and was completely in love with him. They of course made up (and made out a little) before averting the madman's attempt to reflood the world like Noah and the Ark. It was at the end of that episode that they mutually agreed to avoid using the word "marriage" as it put too much pressure on thier relationship.

Ok--so long story short goofy This is the context of the vid. My intention was to convey Clark's desperation in WIEAK where he was forced to watch the woman he loved, but feared was put in too much danger by being with him, be wooed by another man. The scenes at the end of that episode where he comes to her, his heart on his shoulder, to beg her forgiveness and to ask her to come back to him, are without a doubt some of the most heartwrenching for me to watch.

I know that many FoLC's prefer to block out this part of the storyline :p Trust me when I say that I was the same way when it unfolded oh so many years ago...but truth be told I've come to appreciate the storyline and what it established in terms of LnC's relationship for episodes to come. And so it was in that spirit that I wanted to attept to put those scenes to music.

So--Judy, I hope this helps you. And I do hope that you enjoyed the vid. Please do let me know if this explanation changed your vid watching experience and helped you to connect more with the images.

Happy Watching!
Steph smile

Clark: There's no such word as chumpy.
Lois: Sure there is. Someone's a chump, therefore he's chumpy!"
Clark: Try again.
Lois: Are you challenging me?
Clark: You bet your sweet little chumpy I am!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Good video! I swear this song is like a pesky fly and it WON'T let me alone. Hehe. I hated it at first. Now I hear it everywhere and I like it. Good choice of clips. Good editing!

Jen

Tempus: Because you are, in a
word, looney toons!.

Inmate: Looney toons is two words.

Tempus: Not if you say it fast.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ohhh!!! goofy

Great choice of clips and I'm not an editing pro, but it looked really great.

~NICOLE smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I really enjoyed the video, wonderful! My only question is, why is it so long? The song and video actually end at 3:55 minutes but it continues to play until 6:34 minutes if you don't stop it. Is there anyway to fix this? I checked the one you posted above and also the one you posted at the Video Archive and they both run an extra 2 and 1/2 minutes after the video is over.

But other then that, great! And thanks!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooopsie! Nevermind. The link you posted above does work correctly. It stops when the video is over. It's just the copy you posted to the video archive. It goes on for 6 minutes.

Sorry for the confusion. Thanks!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard