Print Thread
#242847 08/30/05 04:41 PM
M
mapes11 Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
M
I just watched the episode Lois and Clarks from the 4th season. There is this song when Lois is sleeping and dreaming of her and Clark. It is a lady singing and I love it. I was wandering if anyone could tell me what the song name is or where to find it thanks so much

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Hey, Mapes! Welcome to the boards!!

The song is called "Simple Truth". The music was written by Jay Gruska, the composer who did all of the instrumental work you hear in the backgrounds. Paul Gordon wrote the lyrics. I did a little searching and found an interview with Jay Gruska in an old Krypton Club Newsletter (*sigh* I'm going to get all nostalgic now blush ), and found that Celeste Prince is the woman who sang it. The episode was "Lois and Clarks" where Clark is lost somewhere in a fraction of a second of time. The interview also said that "Simple Truth" was supposed to be included on the L&C Soundtrack. But that didn't pan out. razz

I did find this site , which has the lyrics written out. I'll go ahead and paste them here (I fixed the format for easier reading wink ):

SIMPLE TRUTH
Celeste Prince

The sky don't fall
When I see your face
All I know is what we have
Feels to me like what must be
A state of grace
I wish that I had wings
To take you to the clouds
All I have is what you see right now
That's the simple truth
No fireworks on cue
The simple truth, is I'm in love with you.
Wow... thanks for making me take a trip down memory lane!!! I'd forgotten how much I love that little song, and never did know much about it until I looked just now. goofy

If you give me a little while, I can make a .wma file of the song from the episode. smile

EDIT: Here's the song in wma format... should play just fine with Windows Media Player. I wasn't sure how to make it a different file type, so I hope this works. smile The file is on yousendit.com , so if you need me to re-upload, let me know. laugh Simple Truth

Sara goofy

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

P
Blogger
Blogger
P
*sigh* I love that song as well. Too bad it wasn't included in the soundtrack. frown

Is that all of it there is? I remember reading somewhere that a full version of the song was once posted on the ABC website, and I didn't know if the full version included more than what was in the episode.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A full version of the song?

If that exists, I sure would be interested in it laugh

Greets,

~ An ~
M
mapes11 Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
M
Wow thank you so much KSaraSara that was very nice of you to also give me some of the song. Thank you very much that has been bugging me
thanks

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard