Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks for all the comments. We'll get more about Clark's past as the chapters unfold themslves. I've heard at least one person comment that I should split these into two different stories- the date story, and the subsequent darker story about the prodigal son's return to Smallville. What do you guys think?

Top Banana
Top Banana
No! Keep it as one story! It's the interplay between those two threads that's going to make this so intriguing.

Keep it coming. smile

Yvonne

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I agree with Yvonne.

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
One story.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, keep it together! It's great! God, I'm just itching to know what Clark's shameful past was. I mean, I'm guessing it's something worse than what we saw either of the L&C Clark's go through...?

And typical Lois who doesn't want to date colleagues...let's see if Clark can smash through that one.

Looking forward to more!
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I'm with the others who voted for keeping this a single story. When Lois finds out whatever it is that Clark doesn't want to share about his past, she'll have to deal with that along with her feelings for him and her desire to find the truth that's out there.

And just what happened to Clark? What was he that people in Smallville will want him to be again? This is good stuff. Keep it coming!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, there's no need really to separate this story, it works well together.

Now on with the "why I like it" section, it's so cool to read this, so much like watching the episode, some of my favorite stories always make me feel like I'm watching the show and your writing has that feel.

Now on this line...
Other than a letter twice a year, and a check, he had no interest in ever revisiting his childhood.
You got me wondering, did he accidentally hurt someone and is paying restitution or is this child support??? goofy

Well done Shayne!! thumbsup clap Keep it coming!

TEEEEEJ/who says "GO HESTON!!!"

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Hmm... notice you're still putting repost on this... which makes me wonder why the heck I stopped reading this way back when. confused Because I sure don't remember the shades of GGGoH. Maybe that was when I'd started to drift away again... frown

Managing to avoid Clark Kent for the rest of the day hadn’t been easy, but Lois had made the effort. Speaking to him immediately would have been a mistake; she’d have said things she’d have regretted.
Ah, so she didn't lay into him. razz

The older man grimaced. “I work for the National Inquisitor. Some farmer claims to have found a UFO on his property, and I’m being sent out to investigate.”
Well... sort of a bad guy. goofy

“You’ve been avoiding me,” Clark said. “And I’m not entirely sure why.”
Way to be direct and to the point, Clark!

Lois almost thought that Clark paled, but she dismissed it as being a trick of the light.
Awwww frown

Playing was exactly what she wished she could do. Instead, she had to give him the bad news.

“My concerns are more about the private part of our relationship.”
Awww! But yay! This means she really wants a relationship! And, heck, she *called* it a relationship. wink

tbc... because of that darned graemlin limit...

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Clark was silent for a long moment. “That’s not exactly what I was expecting to hear. Can I ask why?”
I point this line out because it's very unlike Clark; however, you've given us quite a different Clark. One who's overcome quite a lot to get where he is. He wasn't sheltered by the love of his parents, and he's had some hard living to do, but he's battled through that marvelously to become a wonderful and intriguing person. I think what I'm trying to say is, you've really painted a brilliant picture of a completely different Clark Kent. And I can *hear* his tone, and up front manner, and it fits wonderfully with the Clark you've created. Did that make any sense? :p

“Then we can just be passing through. I could pretend to be your fiancé.”

The idea had popped into her head with a flash of inspiration. “You could just pretend to be coming home for a visit. Simon doesn’t know me by appearance…I could just pretend to be the little woman.”
Whee! I like that idea. goofy

She should know; she’d had that with Lex, before he was killed.
eek What?!

“You wouldn’t want to do that,” Clark said, turning to watch the road once again. “I didn’t exactly have a happy childhood in Smallville.”

Lois grinned. “So you were a nerd in high school? It’ll do your reputation a world of good to be seen with a woman like me.”
Oh boy... Lois doesn't have a clue what she's getting into... not that I have any more than an inkling... Eeps!

Okay, Shayne, I'm all caught up!! Ready for the next part. wink I'll try not to fall behind again. blush

Oh... and since you asked... I think this definitely should stay as one story! I agree with what Yvonne said. smile

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Now that's interesting; I understood the letters and check to be coming *to* him, rather than from him, probably related to the rental of the Kent farm.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I understood the letters and check to be coming *to* him,
OOOOOOH and AH HA!! Yeah you're on to something there too, and probably more right than my assupmtion. Okay, yeah that makes more sense really, cause he may have been the recipient of insurance or something. I just figured the "shame" of his hometown meant *he* was paying, but that would be tough for a guy that writes travel catalogues and freelance articles.

TEEEEEJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I know I used to think you should split them, Shayne smile But I've changed my mind. This dark Smallville story really needs L&C to be at a certain point of intimacy, if that's the word -- liking each other, mutually attracted, but *not* knowing each other much. I'm not sure how you could do that other than a blind date -- if they'd just met at work, Lois's defenses would be firmly in place and she'd never give him a chance when she starts hearing about the bad stuff. But this way, at least she got to see him at his best, before the junk started floating up.

And... I'm always suspicious of any named minor characters laugh Simon Hunt is going to have a bigger role in this story than just an excuse for Lois to pretend to be with Clark.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Keep them one story...and what happened in Smallville already? wallbash

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
One story is fine.

The only complaint I have at this time is that was really tooo short of a post.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Shayne

An excellent part! smile1

I can't wait to find out what happened in Smallville. eek Please post more soon.

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just finished playing catch-up, and hoo-boy this one is a keeper. smile

So we're essentially in the regular alt-verse, a few years before Tempus, Anyone, right? With the sole exception that Lois made it back safely from the Congo?

Love the little details. It's clear you've crafted a very detailed backstory, and I look forward to reading it. smile

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard