Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Fantastic. As always smile

The scene with Lois and Lucy in the cafe was great... Lucy knew exactly what she was doing, didn't she <g>

And Happy Birthday Erin!

Helga

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit.

Intelligence is not putting them in a fruit salad.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lemme borrow that mop. I really am puddling here on the couch; that was so sweet. *sniff*

Happy b-day Erin

Jen
really needs to mop herself up so she can catch up on more fic

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
You're having them set Lucy up on a blind date with Jimmy? Jimmy!

I thought you liked Lucy?

Tank (who can't imagine a fate more horrible for the young woman)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I've got the flu, so I can't *sit* for very long without having back aches, feeling like an eighty-year-old woman who just got hit with a bat, so I have to make this short.

*Wonderful*!!!! (as always) Great birthday story! laugh

Pelican smile1

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
All right, who are you, and what have you done with Wendy? goofy

THRILL as Lois and Clark have an honest conversation devoid of angst!

GASP as there are no stupid misunderstandings or recriminations to destroy the moment!

CHEER at a delightful revelation that's one of the most charming I've ever seen!

I guess it all comes down to fic length with you, Wendy. The short fics are angst-free. Hope Tank took his meds. goofy

Happy birthday, Erin, and Wendy, thanks for a really lovely story. smile

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy
I loved it
ditto others
merry

Features Writer
Features Writer
Oops
I forgot to wish Erin a Happy Birthday.

Happy Birthday Erin.
sorry it's late
merry

Kerth
Kerth
Cool! hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ok, this WAS great but... what is happening to you, Wendy? The last three things you posted here lacked WHams... I can't believe Saskia didn't bring it up... Where's the death? The destruction? laugh Hey, don't get me wrong, I love waff and smoochies, I was just worried about you goofy

This was really nice; I mean it(yes, even after the previous paragraph!) cool

Cris

Cris
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I can't believe Saskia didn't bring it up... Where's the death? The destruction?
Hey! Now why should I have brought that up? I never ask for that, now do I? Apart from one story that is.

For the rest I like the whaffy vignettes and the smoochies. So why should I complain? I liked reading this as it is. wink

So where did I get that image of asking for death and destruction? I'm just very sweet and innocent!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Honestly, I thought I replied to this comment thread. I'm sorry, Wendy -- maybe my loopiness from the other night is still affecting me [g]

In any case, though, I just wanted to say that I *really* enjoyed reading this one! Erin's a lucky birthday gal! (Btw, hope you had a good one, Erin!!) I thought the Lucy/Lois conversation was very well done. I liked those little flashbacks you gave us, like the bowling -- aww, I could just see that happening!

One thing I liked in particular was Lois's logic in that one para -- 'I couldn't imagine a better husband than my best friend. Oh, yeah, Clark, you're my best friend!' goofy That was hilarious.

Thanks for a terrific read!

Tracey smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
One word - Wow! Truly, Wendy, you've outdone yourself again!

Wonderful stuff - I especially like the ending!

Sara.

P.S. Happy birthday, Erin!

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Way behind, lots to catch up with and little time - and everyone seems to have got here before me and said everything possible there is to be said. goofy So...what they all said.

A very enjoyable little vignette, Wendy. clap

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I’m stunned! It’s truly wonderful to see so much feedback and so many encouraging comments and suggestions. These boards are fantastic!!

So many of you mentioned particular things, such as Lucy’s recounting of the bowling incident and Lois and Clark feeding each other pizza (yes, I made those incidents up, but they seemed to be pretty typical of the way Lois and Clark were with each other socially, and it gave Lucy an opportunity to have been an observer of the two of them being... more than friendly wink ):

At first when I started reading it, I thought that it had been done before. But before I got more than a few paragraphs in, I realized how wrong I was. Lucy pointed out just the right things, and it was hilarious the way she did it. I liked how you built on real events but added "side events" that might have happened offscreen and made perfect sense. It was easy to picture Lois linking her arm in Clark's, or poking him, patting him on the back, or hugging him when she got a strike (what's less imaginable to me is that Lois would stoop to go bowling enough to be good enough to get a strike!).
So thanks; I’m really delighted that those scenes went over well.

Pam mentioned the understated revelation; it’s a relief that some, or perhaps most, of you found that believable. Yes, in a longer story Lois wouldn’t react quite so gently, and there’d be much more discussion, but we can say that the explanations will all come later, when Lois has had a chance to get used to the information and when she’s tired of kissing Clark. smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
So sorry Wendy and Erin that this is so late. Real life is taking over at the moment and this really great story just slipped through my weekly scans of the boards!
Everyone has pretty much commented on everything that is great about this fic, including the bowling scene, the smoochies and the great revelation but I did want to add...

Excitement. Passion. And her best friend - all rolled up in one. The perfect relationship.
This is a great line and a completely true statement.

Happy Birthday Erin! dance Sorry I’m so late, and thank you Wendy for a beautiful story.

Sarah-Jayne smile

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve - Still Me
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard